Official Jumping the gun on Official threads thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Insult4.jpg

I realise Im new, but ....

Can we have a Rule that says unless . .

Youve received the figure, bust etc and have bothered to take your own photographs then you cannot post an "official" thread

Ive seen so many posters jump the gun and post with Official branding in the short term Ive been here

and . . . before one of you (you know who you are) swoops in and tells me off for posting a thread thats already been posted earlier quoting "search is your friend" then Id ask have you tried searching on the word official on this site ?

Sort of backs up my arguement

Can the new Moderators delete any "Un-Official" threads ?

As clicking on these threads is becoming a waste of time as theres hardly anything new or of interest on someone posting an official thread simply to have the word official in it and be the first poster on that thread ?

Id even go as far as to say Move the Officials into an Official forum or have Moderators as the only ones who can create an official thread. Ban the word official from post titles

and ban permanent offenders of this rule (even for a short term)

ban? are these 'your' official rules? i see nothing wrong with using the word 'official' in the subject line and am saddened that darklord dave agrees with your silly proposal. :(

have to say I agree.

one thing I do like about statueforum is they jump all over somebody who starts a pic thread w/o pics themselves.

.... freakin attention whores

dont yell "crack for sale" if you dont have any crack :monkey1

all jokes aside I agree with this.

people start new official image threads, just so they can be the one who started the thread. Gives them a sense of purpose or something? Not really sure... then the thread goes through often pages and pages without any images

and it's an image thread

and an official one no less :rotfl

I realise Im new, but ....

Can we have a Rule that says unless . .

Youve received the figure, bust etc and have bothered to take your own photographs then you cannot post an "official" thread

Ive seen so many posters jump the gun and post with Official branding in the short term Ive been here

People like to be first. First to post this, break their neck to post that. It's a case of the King Nerd Syndrome.

ban? are these 'your' official rules? :(

Nope a suggestion

i see nothing wrong with using the word 'official' in the subject line and am saddened that darklord dave agrees with your silly proposal. :(

As a new freak I thought all these "official" threads would have interesting stuff in them cause pardon me they say "official"

and some of them do but usually 14 pages in (so after clicking 14 pages of yep ordered it and nope didnt order it and heres the paragraph why i didnt) you then get the actual product image from someone who actually owns one !

but some of these posts dont and dont have for 2 - 3 months

anything other than 14 pages of waffle

Now Ive wasted my time clicking on all these "official" threads I realise that now

Just suggesting that mods may help the boards for us noobs by filtering out 14 pages of toss that gets posted prior to the post from . . . (wait for it) ta da

the one person in the thread that has one and can be bothered to take a picture of it !

All im saying is maybe it would be better to have your official thread for a product posted by :

1. an admin who can keep the thread relevent
2. someone who owns one of the products and can be bothered to post pics

and to keep it from being lost in the boards have it as a sticky or in its own forum

Thats all

Just a suggestion

Then stick your 14 pages of toss after the product images posted by the one person in the thread that owns one !

Last edited:
I don't blame Mooncat for posting this. The premature "Official Image Thread" is practically a tradition here. An annoying tradition.

I know sometimes "official" image threads are started because someone finds pics from China before a figure's release in the US. Should those threads not be considered official because the figure doesn't belong to a member?

The way things are really doesn't bother me one way or another, but if it makes it easier for some people, I don't mind if changes are made (except for the banning idea).

And a good way to cut down on the number of pages you need to go through is by setting your post count to 40 per page.

Yea, I put mine on 20 a page.

Another good idea would set the forum where is posts someone's sig pics only once a thread. Nothing worse than some fool with a huge ass pic posting 4 times in a row.

Oh and how about the threads where someone posts say 5 big pics then you have all the yahoo's that have to quote all 5 pics several times. Yea, those are winners too.

Oh and how about the threads where someone posts say 5 big pics then you have all the yahoo's that have to quote all 5 pics several times. Yea, those are winners too.
:banghead I want to just strangle people when they pull that crap.

Back