Official Indiana Jones Replica Gear Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah nice picture!

I'm leaning towards goat or horse hide, something thick I can be pulled under a truck wearing. :D

Thanks! Yeah, I think I'd draw the line at being dragged behind a truck... And also the goat would probably be a little warmer too. Extend the wearing season a little further. Any way you decide to go, you won't be disapointed with a Wested!

Thanks! Yeah, I think I'd draw the line at being dragged behind a truck... And also the goat would probably be a little warmer too. Extend the wearing season a little further. Any way you decide to go, you won't be disapointed with a Wested!

Yeah, Wested Jackets rule. I love mine. Just wish I would have had it sized right. Maybe one day I will see if I can get it recut.

It's awesome and weathers well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :rock2

I just ordered a Joe Strain 9 ft. Natural Tan Indy whip! I told Joe that I could wait till after the movie since I'm not in a big rush. He said he'd work on it in 5 1/2 - 6 weeks and it would take 1 1/2 days to finish! :chew

I couldn't decide between the 8 ft. "fight scene" length and the 10 ft. "on the belt" length...so I went with the happy medium.

I've done some whipcracking before in the past but with crappy whips and little-to-no knowledge. Now I'm going to get the best and learn RIGHT!

I'm still going to get a Wested jacket, however I am up in the air between the 40'' and the 42'' sizes...so I want to try on some actual leather coats at a nearby store to see how they feel around the chest area.

Hey Irish,

I would love to get a pair of Alden's. Would you mind PMing the information? I remember back when I was in college they were only 220!! I should have bought them back then...

Thanks

Bringing this back to the forefront!!!

I got my Wested RAIDERS Special order Jacket and it's fantastic. A little snug in the shoulders because of the 80's cut (and the fact that I work out) but it's the perfect size otherwise and I used some recommended methods to stretch the lambskin a little. I'm going to be looking to get a goat skin Standard now as well.

I should have my Strain whip here within the week, Joes finishing it up today.

Since the movie, anyone else start looking into or purchasing any replica gear?

Since the movie, anyone else start looking into or purchasing any replica gear?

I'm on the hunt for the KOTCS back-pack as well as Mutt's jacket (which has already been identified... I just need to acquire one off eBay at a decent price).

Bringing this thread back to life to show off some new gear :whip and make sure the Indy section gets a little more active.

I know IrishJedi here also collects some gear but I'll show my collection of Indy whips off. I also have a Wested Lambskin RAIDERS and Goatskin RAIDERS jackets which are VERY nice.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Whipcracking is actually VERY fun and can be tricky as well. It's a mixture of technique and timing, not just overmuscling the whip. I started out smacking myself with the whip several times (I still do today) but now I can handle them just fine and do quite a number of cracks.

Back