Official HT Rubber Issues List (4/9/12 update)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the HT Appleseed figures and I heard some stories about them too - though mine are in excellent condition so far. Anyway does anyone know about a safe substance to put on the figures to keep them safe for longer? Some were talking about Armor All (IMO that is not good), others about Aerospace Protectant from 303, and others about a simple dashboard silicone spray.

When a figure's rubber start to go bad is it time to sell?

My Batman Toyfair Ex from last year, his toe is started to peel and fall apart. Would this be a good time to sell or should I keep him since I love him?!

When a figure's rubber start to go bad is it time to sell?

My Batman Toyfair Ex from last year, his toe is started to peel and fall apart. Would this be a good time to sell or should I keep him since I love him?!

If you would potentially rebuy him later, at a higher price, keep him until he's a naked TT surrounded by a pile of little rubber dandruff flecks. If you can part with him without remorse, toss him to the bay, but be sure to list the damage in your auction.

Thanks for the responses. He's one of my favourite figures from one of my favourite films.

So I do want to keep him, just wanted to see what the consensus was on this type of stuff.

I have a question i really hope you guys can help me with.Im selling 4 of my HT Rocky figures and i really need your help.
I checked all my figures an every single Rocky figure i own have these rub marks on the inner thighs on both legs where the seam goes.Does anyone else have these on their figures?
I need to know if i should list these figures with defects or not.I haven't noticed these before,but it might just be me that haven't paid too much attention to smaller defects.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

That looks like part of the manufactoring process and is likely on all that were made, just show pictures of actual product buyer will recevie and simply list item in the condishion its in.

Looks like Superman's logo may be starting to melt. This guy was away for 6 months then came back to it melting.

Nipple twist?

Nipple_twist.jpg

Back