Official HT Rubber Issues List (4/9/12 update)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or it could also be a myriad of other factors that have absolutely nothing to do with Hot Toys production methods and materials at all. :huh:dunno

Here are all the pics I've found on this forum

Sheva
162959_10150103188560676_765915675_7608895_8236250_n.jpg

Sarah Connor
DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

Ed-209
e209.jpg

And Ironman (which is not a rubber issue but more a PVC/paint fade mystery issue)
4450781986_f434b3607c_b.jpg

And here some pics of Abe SApian which V-Raptor fixed
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2790241&postcount=2553

WOW i've never seen an Iron Man that bad before.

The problems is people don't talk with their wallets, if they get a defective Batman they buy the next one expecting it to be problem-free, it has defects and they get really pissed off and then go and buy the next one.

Why should HT feel the need to fix these problems when they know people will buy them with the defects there? they're getting the peoples money either way, why spend money of their own to fix the problems when people have proven they'll buy them even with the problems.

I've almost sold off all my Hot Toys except a couple which I'm going to keep, as I feel the Hot Toys bubble has burst, what with the reissue saga and the up and coming Enterbay I had to get rid of em before thier value plummets even more :horror

oh my gosh! I had a Sheva Alomar figure before, good thing I sold her off! Now I'm worried about my Abigail Whistler figure! With so many issues with Rubber, I can't image why hot toys would still continue to use that material

oh my gosh! I had a Sheva Alomar figure before, good thing I sold her off! Now I'm worried about my Abigail Whistler figure! With so many issues with Rubber, I can't image why hot toys would still continue to use that material

Sad thing is, my friend in China say that Hot Toys is fully aware. They just don't care. As long as people buy, they'll use the cheapest stuff available.

The Aliens loader. The Alien 3 dog alien has bad rubber and tears. Billy from Predator rubber body tears. Just about every True Types knee joint. 300 body tears. All the Rocky figures with the exception of the Blister Clubber exclusive. Captain America paint rubbing off. Predators dreads drying out and cracking. I guess it ain't rubber but the leaking batteries in all the Iron Mans. Rambo body. Iron Man underwear changing colors (somebody already mentioned this).

Are there any pictures of that?

This is all really unbelievable! I would be outraged and demand my money back from HT if I owned any of these fiascoes. It's incredible that a company that puts this kind of product out with such regularity of disasters is still in business—and with rave reviews! Why would anyone still buy HT?!

so which recent figures have rubber issues? does anyone have a list? this way we can stay away or be cautious?

Rubber in general will decay and deteriorate.

This isn't isolated to just toys.

Rubber in general will decay and deteriorate.

This isn't isolated to just toys.

I don't really buy that. "Rubber" figures kept in a relatively dim, climate controlled room, especially when not tortured and bent to and fro, should NOT crack and deteriorate that quickly and that severely. Even car tires that go through heck every day do not go bad like that. There must be something else about the material that these HT figs are made from that just goes awry.

Are there any pictures of that?

I don't have any but I'm sure this board can supply some easy. I sold alot of that crap because I was doing the whole preemptive strike thing. Sad that you can only have something for such a short time before it deteriorates.

I don't really buy that. "Rubber" figures kept in a relatively dim, climate controlled room, especially when not tortured and bent to and fro, should NOT crack and deteriorate that quickly and that severely. Even car tires that go through heck every day do not go bad like that. There must be something else about the material that these HT figs are made from that just goes awry.

You're comparing different rubbers. Car tires are composed of many different layers of things and they're designed to be sustain form against weather conditions.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people play around with these a bit and then settle them. The rubbers used in those are possibly cracking due to paint and whatever conditions they're stored in. There's a lot of varying factors to consider before you go and spew off Hot Toys makes etc etc crappy rubbers. I'm sure a lot of people still have their Leonidias in perfect condition. All those pictures posted above are like mad isolated and very few cases.

The oily abs... I don't know what the deal with that was, but they sure as hell didn't let the dyes dry off properly or the material just wasn't properly mixed well together.

And the thing about the Iron Man fading... red colors fade the fastest due to exposure to violet rays. I don't know the case for that guy or whatever, but any sort of red colored material will fade. If you've ever seen posters on windows of stores and stuff, over time they turn blue/green because the red fades. It's the same here, not really the rubber's fault.

Wow, id never seen the ironman fading issue. As for ht knowing about these issues and not caring, it doesnt surprise me. Many continue to buy their figs KNOWING the figs have issues so why would they bother to improve theyre qc.
?
Look at the dx02, after all that mess, even the dc versions are now also leaking. I had hoped things would be different with the 89 bats, but as soon as i saw a few with issues i cancelled my pre order asap.. if they dont change, theyre gonna wind up loosing distributors like sst and dc direct..

Back