Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took these a while back, maybe you never saw them, they're my only daylight shots so far.

92.jpg

Love this pic Maul!
Detail looks great, the extra detailing on your coat really makes the figure better. I actually like low exposure/light level shots like this.
:clap

Got him yesterday. Worth the wait.
He looks so nice sitting in his foam I can't bring myself to take him out of the box.

Love this pic Maul!
Detail looks great, the extra detailing on your coat really makes the figure better. I actually like low exposure/light level shots like this.
:clap

Thanks, I think that's one benefit of painting on the color versus staining, for Jacks coat it actually happens to get the color on enevenly. There are things about my way that I really like such as the way there are almost vertical stripes in places like the real coat, but then I like how your method retains the fabric texture. I hope maybe I can get my trick effects with your application method to get the best of both.

When you slide the sword into the scabbard/sheath it will feel as if it has stopped and won't go any further; you just need to gently push it and it will nicely slide into place.

Really liking all the pics with the jacket off. I had Jack displayed with it on for about month time. Time to change it up a bit. Still can't sheath the sword though. Loving the different looks you can get with this guy.

1-19-12001.jpg

When you slide the sword into the scabbard/sheath it will feel as if it has stopped and won't go any further; you just need to gently push it and it will nicely slide into place.

I think they meant they can't bring themself to put the sword in the sheath because it looks so nice and shouldn't be hidden, even though they opted to change the pose of Jack.

As much as it pained me to do so, I just canned my order for Jack with AE:(. Our wedding is later this year and with Classic Predator, 1/4 EB T-800 AND DX Indy all showing up within two months something had to give. Well.....then BanDai Japan came out with those cool Monsterarts figures.

Nooooooo, :horror:horror

Congrats on the wedding!! But I have a simple solution get rid of that crappy Indiana Jones and get this AMAZING jack sparrow instead :peace

Thank ya! Flexed him so I'm a bit behind but hoping I get the Cap Jack 1:6th figure I've wanted for a while.

Okay WOW, did it take a long while to futz this figure from the ground up. I've messing with this figure for 3.5 hrs trying to get the right look that I wanted for him. and undoing that sash almost felt like a bad idea for a while and awhile being like an hour and a half! :slap That dang magnet placement really screwed with the way that I learned to do the sash but I managed to get it reasonably how I wanted with the magnet placement. I don't have any pics to share. Left my camera at my dorm. should be able to get some ok pics with my new phone tomorrow

also, the hat mod I thought was just going to work out fantastically....

TOTALLY FAILED!!!! :gah:

:lol

All I have to say is good thing I had a spare!

I tried the Medi hat on him but it just looked way too small to me. I'm hoping to try and grab the UU Hat down the road whenever it comes out and try that one out.

After finding a pose with the rudder that I liked, I found the special pirates plate to be pretty nice instead of cheesy like I had originally thoguht. I'm being very pleasantly surprised by this figure the more I mess with it which is just awesome!

Cap Jack will be here next Thursday :rock

Congrats man! didn't know you were interested in this guy. Thought it was all Armored figures for you man??

I think they meant they can't bring themself to put the sword in the sheath because it looks so nice and shouldn't be hidden, even though they opted to change the pose of Jack.

:exactly:It is really nice to show a weapon that is not a gun all the time. I love the sword with Jack.

undoing that sash almost felt like a bad idea for a while and awhile being like an hour and a half! :slap That dang magnet placement really screwed with the way that I learned to do the sash but I managed to get it reasonably how I wanted with the magnet placement.

Are you trying to get it tied so that you can still use the magnets to keep the flap down? If so, I can understand getting frustrated and struggling with that.

I really don't like how the magnet behaves personally, how it pulls the long part of the sash up slightly, I just wrapped my sash on the figure to make it look right and found just slipping a few coins into the folds of the small flap gives it the hang it needs, I don't think you'll ever have luck getting the sash exactly how you want if you're working so the magnets can still be used.

:exactly:It is really nice to show a weapon that is not a gun all the time. I love the sword with Jack.

Plus, being metal, the reflections make it look really cool and pop, the old plastic Jack swords looked a little bland.

Yep, the magnet placement and the way they pull on the sash sucks. Im gonna remove the magnets from mine when I futz him again. Mauls coin trick does a MUCH better job than the magnets do. Im sure just wetting the sash and futzing it while wet will do just fine too if you dont want to remove the magnets or use the coins.
To my surprise, Im also liking the pirates plaque too!

I think a lot of the negativity about the plaque was more about not having a choice than how it looked. The wheel and floor make for a nice, real environment for the figure and the idea of having to use the plaque seemed the issue more than how it looked. Thankfully HT gave the collectors the choice.

I think I prefer the smirking sculpt much more. The nose has the Depp curve perfect.

DSC_0148.jpg

Last edited:
Back