Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Maul, this is what collecting is all about. Enjoying your figures. Great shots man, but you are making me want a Davy Jones now.

:(

Lifelike! How'd you get such nice contrast with the black and white ?

...i did sum post production via photoshop, like editing the levels, brightness, contrast and dynamic :)

But basically its to thank my new nikkor 50mm/1.8G lens, it catches all the colors, gradients and lights so awesome...

Well done Maul, this is what collecting is all about. Enjoying your figures. Great shots man, but you are making me want a Davy Jones now.

:(

I admit Jones is a bit shorter than he should be and maybe a tad too wide since he was built around the old TT body, but otherwise he is an amazing figure and I think he holds up as well today as he did when he came out.

If only we could get a Barbossa :(

Anybody have any idea what the black rod in the box is for?

It's a pole for the flag.

I have continued to mod my Sparrow into a Curse version. Here are a few latest pics. Thanks to Maulfan for the excellent reference.
So far, I have. Cut & painted the hair, repositioned hair parts, Aged & dusted up boots, swapped out vest and pants for Medi ones, aged and weathered them quite a lot and did some major futzing. Not there yet, but getting closer. And here are some pics of my re-colored, weathered coat, I have done a lot more to it since the pics.. Hope you like so far(sorry for crappy iPhone pics)..

6-7.jpg
4-7.jpg
2-8.jpg
3-9.jpg
5-6.jpg

Going for this look:

jacksparrow7.jpg

I have continued to mod my Sparrow into a Curse version. Here are a few latest pics. Thanks to Maulfan for the excellent reference.
So far, I have. Cut & painted the hair, repositioned hair parts, Aged & dusted up boots, swapped out vest and pants for Medi ones, aged and weathered them quite a lot and did some major futzing. Not there yet, but getting closer. And here are some pics of my re-colored, weathered coat, I have done a lot more to it since the pics.. Hope you like so far(sorry for crappy iPhone pics)..

6-7.jpg
4-7.jpg
2-8.jpg
3-9.jpg
5-6.jpg

Going for this look:

jacksparrow7.jpg

You got some SKILLS man.... and balls of steel. :clap

5-6.jpg

Going for this look:

jacksparrow7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would say you have done it Rory. That is one hell of a good job. Great work.

Freaking awesome Rory!!! The best so far!

On another note, my DX Jack got boosted up to early delivery so it should be here tomorro if all goes well! :pray:

began to resculpt the smirk face
its just not jack sparrow
so i added more cheeks (this guy has some serious ones), different lips, nose is on the list
this is without eyes and VERY very roughly painted and i already like it more ;-)
i can only fail, since its almost impossible to get the perfect look of hot toys sculpts, but i want a smiling dirty jack sparrow and not gay ken with js-outfit ;-)

Last edited:
Rory, would you mind doing a quick step by step of weathering the sash, written for very unskilled people who are very stupid when it comes to things like this?

I'm talking about other people, of course.

Sure thing man, it's pretty straight forward.
I'm typing on a phone at the moment, I will do a step by step in the morning.

began to resculpt the smirk face
its just not jack sparrow
so i added more cheeks (this guy has some serious ones), different lips, nose is on the list
this is without eyes and VERY very roughly painted and i already like it more ;-)
i can only fail, since its almost impossible to get the perfect look of hot toys sculpts, but i want a smiling dirty jack sparrow and not gay ken with js-outfit ;-)

to each their own but to me that looks like Cheech Marin Jack Sparrow instead of Johnny Depp. :dunno

Back