Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would love a "Al Swearengen" HT before "Black Beard"!!

"....God rest the souls of that poor family... and ****** half price for the next 15 minutes."
:duff

I need a little help... The wife needs to know what I want for Christmas and Jack is one of my options.

What's the release schudule like for third party retailers on this? SS starts shipping in a week so three to four weeks from now it should hit?

why not?
They're probably banking on people liking Penelope Cruz.
She'd look great holding one side of the giant wheel with DX Sparrow on the other, giving her a PERS sideways glance.

That would look awesome.

I just hope they show her by the end of the year. Doesn't HT usually have a big show at the end of the year?

I have a question for anyone that has received their DX Sparrow figure.

I am a little confused by the pictures on the web and list of inventory parts, how many individual hands does he have in total, and how many wrist pegs does he have in total?

That both annoys me and confuses me. HT started including 2 spare wrist pegs with all figures in 2009, if it's so little of an issue to do that, why not give each hand it's own. Most figures swap out easy enough, but particularly gloved figures, having a peg for each would be much easier.

I don't know why HT wants to move forward with Angelica, I can only assume it was a licensor request.

You really think so? It's a hot female dressed as a pirate! I think she will sell just fine.

She'll surely sell better than the Sucker Punch female figures and probably better than Abigail did and the Resident Evil Alice figure. Pirates has a much stronger fanbase.

This is the first DX figure I've ever owned and I have to say the PERS absolutely rocks. I'm not too bothered about moving the eyes around as I tend to have them just facing forward but the 'shinyness' of the eyes really adds life to the figure as opposed to painted eyes. I'm totally sold on PERS, although I can see why it works better with this figure than others (the eyeliner effect obviously doesn't matter in a figure that's wearing eyeliner). Anyone know what they're made of?

That both annoys me and confuses me. HT started including 2 spare wrist pegs with all figures in 2009, if it's so little of an issue to do that, why not give each hand it's own. Most figures swap out easy enough, but particularly gloved figures, having a peg for each would be much easier.

:clap:goodpost:

Re watched OST this week and decided I needed to adjust my pose a little. I wanted to "camp" him up a little. I think this works :lol

P1000853.jpg

P1000854.jpg

P1000861.jpg

Bob

Fantastic pose, mine arrives tomorrow, think I'm gonna steal that :yess:

You really think so? It's a hot female dressed as a pirate! I think she will sell just fine.

She'll surely sell better than the Sucker Punch female figures and probably better than Abigail did and the Resident Evil Alice figure. Pirates has a much stronger fanbase.

This is mostly a cop-out response, but it will definitely depend on how she looks. She's got long hair, so HT will probably give her rooted hair. That right there will be a huge turn-off to a lot of people that otherwise would have bought the figure.

I figure she will probably cost $160-$170, so a lot of people will pass because of the price.

I have no idea how well Alice sold, but realistically THAT should be HT's best selling female figure. Fan interest and whatnot taken into account, Alice is surely HT's most popular female character.

Pirates may have a stronger fanbase, but it's not a 'geek' fanbase like the kind for Alice and Selene.

To be perfectly honest, though, I've only kinda half-watched OST, but Angelica doesn't come off to be as a 'butt-kickin' action chick' like Elizabeth did. . . ergo, not a hot-seller.

Oh for sure, she needs to be perfect to sell well. Since they are taking their sweet time on her, I hope she is perfect.

I'm thinking her hair will be sculpted since she has a hat.

I really think the chance she has such a strong companion piece (Jack) will help her sell as well. She could (and probably would) arguably look the best with him (since the other characters figures are kind of outdated) and if she comes with accessories that he could use? I just hope her price is $150 max, but let's see... :pray:

Oh for sure, she needs to be perfect to sell well. Since they are taking their sweet time on her, I hope she is perfect.

I'm thinking her hair will be sculpted since she has a hat.

I really think the chance she has such a strong companion piece (Jack) will help her sell as well. She could (and probably would) arguably look the best with him (since the other characters figures are kind of outdated) and if she comes with accessories that he could use? I just hope her price is $150 max, but let's see... :pray:

Has it been confirmed that she's in the works yet?

Yeah, they announced her with a teaser showing the chalices as part of her accessories.

She better come with the Jack voodoo doll as well. :pray:

I need a little help... The wife needs to know what I want for Christmas and Jack is one of my options.

What's the release schudule like for third party retailers on this? SS starts shipping in a week so three to four weeks from now it should hit?

Next month most probably. :monkey1

Back