Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I didn't make the first batch that Alter Ego had since I didn't get any email today :( oh well, I just got Cap and Thor so something to look forward to for the new year I guess

But I was able to get some more parts for my custom sparrow from TA. seems they have run out of boots though.

Guess I didn't make the first batch that Alter Ego had since I didn't get any email today :( oh well, I just got Cap and Thor so something to look forward to for the new year I guess

But I was able to get some more parts for my custom sparrow from TA. seems they have run out of boots though.

Yeah I PO with AE several months ago right after he went up for PO so I guess I was early in line to get him. Guess he is coming in batches...he is worth the wait believe me!

He will sell out.

And for the record Sweeney Todd kicks ass! :lecture

For real!!!

I know Sparrow is awesome, no argument there, but the head sculpt for Todd is amazing. They captured Depp extremely well but more importantly they captured Sweeney Todd. Pure brilliance.

For real!!!

I know Sparrow is awesome, no argument there, but the head sculpt for Todd is amazing. They captured Depp extremely well but more importantly they captured Sweeney Todd. Pure brilliance.

True Story! If HT puts as much love and attention into each of their Depp figures as they have done with Todd and Sparrow, we Depp fans are in for a real treat!!

Just heard back from my retailer. Nothing til next week. Guess I'll patiently wait:

tumblr_lk3uo2BNDt1qhdzodo1_500.jpg

Waiting for UPS to deliver tonight..........:impatient:

What do you think - will he sell out or be another Sweeny Todd or MK V???

He's definitely gonna sell out...hands down the best DX to date not only with the likeness but with all of the accessories/ 2 HS's...pure awesome!!

Damn, Sean... Wonderful pics, as always. I love the dramatic angles you're getting with this batch of portrait photos. :clap

Very much looking forward to getting this next week. Looks as if it will be one of the best figures in my collection.

I love the dramatic angles you're getting

This figure is just amazing for posing, Hot Toys really put work into this figure and getting the most out of it. Between the fully posable right hand now, a dread design that allows more movement and better posing of the head, and the PERS system, it's almost limitless. The old Jack's were frustrating with poses because of the hair and his right hands, I finally feel free.

Got my shipping notice from AE. Ordered just a day or two after he went up, as soon as AE was able to confirm they were getting the long telescope. Should be here Thursday, snuck in just in time for Christmas. It's funny how I don't care about the wait from PO to delivery, but once I get that Quantum View, it's torture.:lol

Got my ship notice from AE earlier today. Jack will be on my doorstep Wednesday. Really looking forward to finally having him in hand.

This figure is just amazing for posing, Hot Toys really put work into this figure and getting the most out of it. Between the fully posable right hand now, a dread design that allows more movement and better posing of the head, and the PERS system, it's almost limitless. The old Jack's were frustrating with poses because of the hair and his right hands, I finally feel free.

Wait, what's the deal with the right hand? This is my first Jack.

Wait, what's the deal with the right hand? This is my first Jack.

On the first 2 Jack figures, the wrist band on his right hand was hard sculpted and part of the hand, you couldn't pose the hand, basically just spin it on his forearm, made many poses impossible, and there was only one hand to hold the pistol and sword, and it doesn't hold the sword well, now we get one for each weapon because they require different grips.

Here are the old hands.

19.jpg

Yeah, that was one huge nit pick of mine, the old Jacks couldn't hold a sword. And Cannibal King couldn't hold his staff. For a company that's relied on the 'details' I thought that was pretty much a bonehead move.

Back