OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Yeah, its been a long while since I played MGS3, I forgot he had the sneaking suit and eyepatch....at the very end. If we get a Naked Snake, I'd much prefer him in his Tiger Stripe or any other like camo. That's the Naked Snake that is prevalent throughout the majority of the game.

The Boss I'm sure is a give in, since she's on the announcement. I'm sure we'll get Gray Fox/Ninja Cyborg too. My number one request would be an Ocelot from 1 or 4.

We need Cyborg Ninja for sure. The Boss better get one too along with Solidus, who should make for a cool figure. I hope we get lucky and this explodes into some massively well selling and popular lineup like the Iron Man one did. Imagine being able to get a good deal of the major characters and villains throughout the games. It would be so great.

MGS1 and 2 versions of Snake are grails for me.

If it's Big Boss we're getting 1st, that's awesome too. I'd love it to be the snake camouflage uniform you got by beating the boss with the tranquiliser gun (I think) That was the best camo by a mile for me.

Other than that tiger stripe would be cool. Like others, I really don't dig the sneaking suit.

I remember unlocking the DPM camo by getting 1st in all those monkey catching games, forgot what they're called. That was tough! And shooting all the kerotan frogs! Ugh.

The pic of Snake in HT's teaser is from the Nintendo 3DS version of MGS3.

mag_b02-sakiyomi_v14.jpg

Looks like we're getting the suit he's wearing on the teaser ;)

Remember this?

I think the sneaking suit is badass in the game. not so much in the new renders though :

sneaking.jpg

^ Badass

mgs3d-artwork.jpg

not so much^

amirite?

Seriously I don't like that suit at all tbh.
Looks way more to sci-fi, i hope it won't be the first to be relaesed.

.... but i'm still gonna buy it. lol

Same here. I would buy it "just in case" we didn't get any future Snakes, if that was their first release. But if we got another version of Big Boss, I would sell that one.

:rotfl Hot Toys has control over you!!! I don't like the suit either so I'm going to pass on it with hopes that a Jungle Camo, or Tiger Stripe will be on the way eventually.

Well it's ot hot toys that ha the control, it's snake.
I'm still waitin gto see how it will look but to me it's not the iconic Naked Snake that's for sure.

Metal Gear Solid IS sci-fi :lol. Even the technology in Snake Eater was decades ahead of its time. Floating gun platforms, the Shagohod, the Fear's optical camouflage (that he took from Predator), Snake's ejection pod that he used to land in Russia, the Cobra Unit's super-natural powers. And then there's Peace Walker and all of the freaky, singing, giant AI mechs with laser canons and rail guns. Sounds pretty sci-fi-ish to me.

So, with that said, the sneaking suit isn't really out of place with the games.

For the vast majority of the game, he doesn't wear futuristic looking outfits. So, I don't associate that character with that outfit. With MGS1 Snake, I have no issue with the wacky outfit because that's the only one he wears.

Yeah i know but still i don't like it :)

I like it, and that's all that matters! :nana:

Just kidding. Yeah, I would really like have a few different Snake figures, myself. But, I just think it would be nice for Hot Toys to start off the franchise with something like a sneaking suit, just to show that they're attempting something different than what Medicom and other companies have done in the past.

But, in any case, regardless of what Hot Toys releases for MGS, I'll buy it. Even if they released a 1/6 Ga-Ko, I'd buy it in a heart beat :monkey1.

If they are starting with Snake Eater as it seems, we NEED Young Ocelot! :rock

I love the sneaking suit, but to me it isn't a good representation of MGS3 or Big Boss. When I think Big Boss, I think of him in the camo in the jungle in MGS3.

I really hope HT goes all out on this series. There are so many characters with great designs that would look really awesome as figures and super cool displayed together!

Meanwhile Play arts is keeping me satisfied with their jungle version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back