Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the pics, guys. I can't wait to get mine from SS. Next month I hope to have a MK I Ironman and the new DX Joker on the shelves.

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. This was my most anticipated figure of the year as well, and IMHO did not disappoint at all. The detail in the sculpt & paint of the armor is outstanding, isn't it? Not to mention the weathering in the gloves and jacket under the armor. All great work. I won't have time to do a review this time around as I have to travel for business all next week, so I'm looking forward to your review (as always)...but I pretty much know already how it's going to read. ;) :D

You're welcome, have to admit I wish I was busy with business for the next week... this recession is just going on forever, and being a freelancer it gets a bit scary. But back to the MK 1, likewise it's been my most anticipated figure since I first got hold of the proto pics, and yeah, not disapointed at all. The Stark face isn't perfect but it's still damn fine, and mine will always have the faceplate down anyway. I was looking over the SS maquette earlier today, and though it's a damn fine piece I think this is even more accurate, especially the details on the chest light and motor on his back, and that chest light is so, so bright!

You're welcome, have to admit I wish I was busy with business for the next week... this recession is just going on forever, and being a freelancer it gets a bit scary. But back to the MK 1, likewise it's been my most anticipated figure since I first got hold of the proto pics, and yeah, not disapointed at all. The Stark face isn't perfect but it's still damn fine, and mine will always have the faceplate down anyway. I was looking over the SS maquette earlier today, and though it's a damn fine piece I think this is even more accurate, especially the details on the chest light and motor on his back, and that chest light is so, so bright!

wookster, what do you freelance at if you dont mind me asking?

You're welcome, have to admit I wish I was busy with business for the next week... this recession is just going on forever, and being a freelancer it gets a bit scary.

Us Brits are bust to be honest. I can't see anything getting better until the general election or after. We all or should know that tosser Brown is stalling things so they can rob us all for another year before they get their asses kicked out on the street.

But back to the MK 1, likewise it's been my most anticipated figure since I first got hold of the proto pics, and yeah, not disapointed at all. The Stark face isn't perfect but it's still damn fine, and mine will always have the faceplate down anyway. I was looking over the SS maquette earlier today, and though it's a damn fine piece I think this is even more accurate, especially the details on the chest light and motor on his back, and that chest light is so, so bright!

To be honest I think it looks better with the helmet down. It looks unique like that. :)

wookster, are there any moving parts on his back motor or those tank-thread thingies on the sides of his thighs? just curious.

I was looking over the SS maquette earlier today, and though it's a damn fine piece I think this is even more accurate, especially the details on the chest light and motor on his back, and that chest light is so, so bright!

Jeff, I agree 100%. The HT figure really excells in terms of fine detail...the SS piece has a simple white lens for the chest battery while the HT figure is much more detailed & movie accurate.

I love it ...Amazing pictures ...thanks. :google

No plastic strips to remove to get the light working?

Can’t wait to get this displayed. :joy

Okay,just been playing around with mine(nearly a week later,but very busy with work and stuff),To get the full pleasure of this masterpiece and be in no doubt that is EXACTLY what this beautiful figure is,you have to work at it.And swear at it.And hold him by the tank tracks when you remove him from the box that plate on his arse is EXTREMELY fragile,so normal handling etiquette is out the window.

There are batteries in there.Before I rushed out to Boots i thought id have a look and they re there.Getting to them is fun.....if you re a masochist:rolleyes:I recommend tweezers.A half-turn to the left of the base of the motor and pull down.Unfortunately mine had a tendency to keep springing back on itself,and theres not a lot of barrel to grip.So very gently twist and tug(thats what she said!)and you ll get there.Now you can see the batteries.Not just a plastic tag this time,Mr.Woo has wrapped them in sellotape too.Thanks pal.You now you need to walk back round to the kitchen for a pair of scissors,the smallest pair you have,Cut through the tape and swear as those tiny buggers scatter across your living room floor:banghead:banghead Search,gather them up,rejoice as they ease back in with no trouble at all,push cylinder back in,a turn to the right to lock and push the button.We have ignition.DAMN,those suckers are bright!!

The film was utterly fantastic and the merchandise has reflected it.Thank you Hot Toys.Very,very much:D.

Okay,just been playing around with mine(nearly a week later,but very busy with work and stuff),To get the full pleasure of this masterpiece and be in no doubt that is EXACTLY what this beautiful figure is,you have to work at it.And swear at it.And hold him by the tank tracks when you remove him from the box that plate on his arse is EXTREMELY fragile,so normal handling etiquette is out the window.

There are batteries in there.Before I rushed out to Boots i thought id have a look and they re there.Getting to them is fun.....if you re a masochist:rolleyes:I recommend tweezers.A half-turn to the left of the base of the motor and pull down.Unfortunately mine had a tendency to keep springing back on itself,and theres not a lot of barrel to grip.So very gently twist and tug(thats what she said!)and you ll get there.Now you can see the batteries.Not just a plastic tag this time,Mr.Woo has wrapped them in sellotape too.Thanks pal.You now you need to walk back round to the kitchen for a pair of scissors,the smallest pair you have,Cut through the tape and swear as those tiny buggers scatter across your living room floor:banghead:banghead Search,gather them up,rejoice as they ease back in with no trouble at all,push cylinder back in,a turn to the right to lock and push the button.We have ignition.DAMN,those suckers are bright!!

The film was utterly fantastic and the merchandise has reflected it.Thank you Hot Toys.Very,very much:D.

:lol Thanks for the tips Minimodel. I had the same problem with my MARK III...one of the arms wouldn't light up, so I unscrewed the plate with the tiniest of tiny screwdrivers and had a HELLUVA time trying to get those 3 batteries to line up, without the spring sending them FLYING! Your story about the MARK I brought back all those memories. :lol

I must have spent a solid hour carefully trying to get them in and then watching them spring all over my living room and chasing them down and trying again...Paid off though, it's been working ever since. :D

Can't wait to go through the same thing with my MARK I. :rolleyes:

:rotfl

Now I'm going to have to chase down a MK II....rats! ;) :D
The three of them look so good together I can't resist. :banana

The batteries seemed OK to me, I used needle nosed pliers turned and pulled gently. I then pulled out the plastic seperator but didnt need to take the tape off. I dont think it covers the polarity it's just to aid putting them in, in the factory. Getting the cover to open on the missile launcher had me sweating a bit, mine was mighty tight.

And vodoun, I'll have to disagree, if theat freakin monster Thatcher hadn't removed all the regulations and watch bodies from the banks in the city we wouldn't be in this mess. She just wanted to 'free things up' in the spirit of free enterprise for her 'corporate' buddies... real nice of her.

Jeff: Have you messed with the missle cover on the left arm? Any tricks to it? I read the instructions & gave it a half hearted try, but whenever I read "apply slight pressure" I'm inclined to err on the side of caution. :eek: ;)

Jeff: Have you messed with the missle cover on the left arm? Any tricks to it? I read the instructions & gave it a half hearted try, but whenever I read "apply slight pressure" I'm inclined to err on the side of caution. :eek: ;)

Yeah, I just applied a bit of pressure (whilst sweating) and it popped open, lifting the missile was quite tight as well. As I always say... gentle but firm! A little gentle hairdryering might help as well, but I just went for it!
If you look at the edge you'll see its held shut by a lip, if you push the lip out of the way it then pops open... I hope that helps.

Back