Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a True-Type dressed in a hessian and suede effect suit with the armour panels fitted over the top... the detail is unreal and the fact that it's all perfectly fitted over an actual TT is pretty amazing.

52842786.jpg

imgp1689.jpg

:monkey4

I dont want to keep on talking about the same thing, but i would like a head replacement if my MarkI looked like this.

The head isn't as good as the proto in this case, but that shot you just used was even more unflattering than the one in my hand now.
If you are buying this to display with the mask up I'd say you have every right to decide to pass on it, the face isn't as good as the ones that came with the MK 2 or 3, but put simply... I don't care too much, I would have preferred a better head under there but the face plate will be permanently down on mine, and the rest of the figure is way beyond what I'd hoped for in terms of observation, engineering and articulation... right now... for me at least, it's the figure of the year. And no, I'm not a Shellhead, or at least I wasn't.

The head isn't as good as the proto in this case, but that shot you just used was even more unflattering than the one in my hand now.
If you are buying this to display with the mask up I'd say you have every right to decide to pass on it, the face isn't as good as the ones that came with the MK 2 or 3, but put simply... I don't care too much, I would have preferred a better head under there but the face plate will be permanently down on mine, and the rest of the figure is way beyond what I'd hoped for in terms of observation, engineering and articulation... right now... for me at least, it's the figure of the year. And no, I'm not a Shellhead, or at least I wasn't.

I don't really think the M2 or M3 heads are all that accurate either, so this Mark 1 sculpt isn't a surprise. Still, amazing figures.

So...the general consensus is that the new Tony (mk 1) head is better than the previous two, but still not good enough?

Great review as always, Michael. The Tony head looks great in your pics.

review_immki_4.jpg

Well, that's MY opinion :D I think this one looks more like Downey Stark than the first two, but there's still something slightly off in the eyes.

Great review, Michael, and a wonderful public service as well...I finally got the missle plate to pop open after reading your review! :D I agree the helmet was a beast to get on. I futzed with it for a few minutes until somehow it just popped on. This is an easy 5 star figure...the attention to detail on this thing is amazing, and the paint, for all the concerns posted in this thread based on the prototype pics, is excellent. I'm also in agreement with your comments regarding the articulation; not only do the joints have more freedom than you would expect from the bulk of the suit, but the armor itself is surprisingly articulated...lots of those legs flaps, bars and plates all have some movement in them. The engineering on the suit is top notch!
DSCN0909.jpg

I complained a lot about the green paint on the 1st batch of pics but it looks great in all these later pics. Don't know if it was the lighting or Hot Toys fixed it. Either way can't wait to get mine!!!

Earliest pics:
20090627052543834.jpg.jpg

20090627050659290.jpg.jpg

Recent pics:
review_immki_6.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

My god its full of stars! This thing is amazing. I so regret having to cancel the MKIII and MKI, but it was financially necessary. Enjoy these figs. They transcend toy into art.

Back