Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iam thinking they could do just an Mark 1 armor set, with no Stark inside, hall of armor style.

I guess I'm a little perplexed when people react negatively to a character being revisited by HT. I don't think they should do a straight-up re-release of the Mk I; as has been pointed out, the Stark head looks dated and HT has much better RDJ head sculpts now. If HT could figure out ways to redo the armor so that it is unique from the original Mk I, would people have the same objections? HT has upped their game and they could bring new things to the table. For example, if they choose to do an "armor unleashed" version of the Mark III with updated RDJ head, would collectors who own the original Mark III be mad over that? If the newer figures were different enough, wouldn't the originals still retain their value, while giving collectors the chance to get get improved interpretations of the armor? Thoughts?

I guess I'm a little perplexed when people react negatively to a character being revisited by HT. I don't think they should do a straight-up re-release of the Mk I; as has been pointed out, the Stark head looks dated and HT has much better RDJ head sculpts now. If HT could figure out ways to redo the armor so that it is unique from the original Mk I, would people have the same objections? HT has upped their game and they could bring new things to the table. For example, if they choose to do an "armor unleashed" version of the Mark III with updated RDJ head, would collectors who own the original Mark III be mad over that? If the newer figures were different enough, wouldn't the originals still retain their value, while giving collectors the chance to get get improved interpretations of the armor? Thoughts?

Hmm, I guess it must be significantly different for most collectors to actually not complain. I just got into the hobby so I'm speaking from a greenhorn's point of view.

It does make things easier to collect if they straight out re-release figures (like Mark IV with gantry). Then again, as a hardcore HT Iron Man collector, I would still want to get the previous IM figures eventually. For instance, even if Mark II Unleashed is coming out, I'll still hope to get the original Mark II eventually (though it might not be my top priority now).

Back to your qn, I guess there has to be new accessories or features (not just a repaint etc I'm looking at you Secret Project (but then again I love it! :yess:)) for people not to just look at the new figure and say: HT is just milking the license.

Then again, you can't please the whole world. hahaa.. People are gonna kill me for this, but if HT releases new IM figures constantly (1 or 2 yearly at reasonable prices), I will be happily snapping them up. Yeah I know I sound :cuckoo:

Quote From Facebook:

----------------------

Hot Toys
Good news for Iron Man fans!

We are pleased to announce that we will be relaunching the Iron Man – Mark I Limited Edition Collectible Figurine, bringing to fans with more movie-accurate and newly developed head sculpt with our latest sculpting and painting technique, as well as more value-added accessories!

Besides, we have noted that there are counterfeit Mark I figures in the market, so here is a kind reminder for fans to pay special attention to it!

Please stay tuned with us for update and show your support for the authentic collectible products!

----------------------

There you have it! Well I can't say I'm dissapointed...don't own the Mark I yet.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

IT WAS ONE FIGURE THAT I WANTED FOR A LONG TIME NOW BUT I DIDNT WANT TO PAY FOR LIKE $600-$800 ON EBAY

Quote From Facebook:

----------------------

Hot Toys
Good news for Iron Man fans!

We are pleased to announce that we will be relaunching the Iron Man – Mark I Limited Edition Collectible Figurine, bringing to fans with more movie-accurate and newly developed head sculpt with our latest sculpting and painting technique, as well as more value-added accessories!

Besides, we have noted that there are counterfeit Mark I figures in the market, so here is a kind reminder for fans to pay special attention to it!

Please stay tuned with us for update and show your support for the authentic collectible products!

----------------------

There you have it! Well I can't say I'm dissapointed...don't own the Mark I yet.

yikes , i started a new topic already, maybe this one could be renamed! if needed ill delete the new one

Just read the update on Facebook. Eager to see how the reissue is gonna be different from the original Mark I. The extra accessories are always welcome. Missed out on the first one. I'm not gonna do it twice...!!

IMGP1492a.JPG

IMGP1445b.JPG

IMGP1428b.JPG

More Pics @ https://figuremaniac.blogspot.com/2010/12/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-i.html

This is HT's exclusive for this year:

270674_10150228138417344_58690437343_7555630_1050347_n.jpg

It's not a popular belief but I'm calling it now. Mark I will be re-released as an exclusive listed as Tony Stark/Mark I with the armor having an "empty head" and interchangable with specialized light up TT to make this version:

tumblr_lmtftdJTjd1qh7aljo1_400.jpg

It may not be tomorrow but I'm saying I guarantee you it's coming.

:exactly::exactly::exactly: :lecture

I hope they do include this costume as 2 in 1

Guys I need some help..

I might be acquiring a Mark 1. Yes, I know HT's relaunching it and I'll get the new Mark 1 too. I wanna get the old Mark 1 cos I'm an Iron Man fan , so I'm trying to complete the series.

Plus, I might be getting a good deal, but my only worry is whether it's a fake anot. Any of you guys know how to spot the difference?

Thanks! :)

Back