Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That confirmation will do little to dampen the wishful thinking bythe poor souls who missed out on this masterpiece, methinks.

If it were ever reissued, it would have to be a variant/resculpt/redesign similar to the Nolanverse Batman figures.

And it would cost twice as much as the original $160 release!:monkey2

That confirmation will do little to dampen the wishful thinking bythe poor souls who missed out on this masterpiece, methinks.

If it were ever reissued, it would have to be a variant/resculpt/redesign similar to the Nolanverse Batman figures.

And it would cost twice as much as the original $160 release!:monkey2

Even at twice the retail cost of the original release that's still about half the cost of it's current secondary market value :lol

I think the guy who leaked the info about how he was really impressed by the new Mark I along with the 89 Joker was actually refer to the Iron Monger. Some one who's not super knowledgeable about Iron man can easily make that mistake.

To the guy who misspoke because I want a Mark I.

41797287_owned_gif.gif

Even at twice the retail cost of the original release that's still about half the cost of it's current secondary market value :lol

back then, coming from $20 hasbro transformers, i thought i was going crazy spending that much on this one.
with that perspective, iron monger seems cheap.

So true. I've seen the Mk. 1 sell on ebay for over $800 US.

That 's INSANE. I love the Mk. 1, and it is the first truetype body contained within an articulated armor shell, but the massively high resale price on the figure is the best argument for Hot Toys to do a re-release.

On the other hand, re-releasing a "limited edition" fig will only serve to hurt their brand in the long run. (Check these threads & over at OSW and one can read how this is already happening.) Plus, with all the new & upcoming licenses they have, I would think they'd put their energies forward, rather than a three-year-old re-tread.

But who knows? Hot Toys has come so far in three short years that anything's possible. I really never thought we'd see a production Iron Monger, so I expect to be surprised.

This is nothing really new for Hot Toys. They've reissued several figs in the past.

Ed-209 & Battle Damages Ed-209
Robocop might be considered reissues
Several Predators were reissued

I hope all the fans who want one can get one. I just hope the changes they might make won't appeal to me and I won't be tempted to buy the new one!

What is a fair asking price if I was looking to sell this? It has been opened, displayed in a glass cabinet the whole time. No problems or anything. Whats a good price?

I'm obviously biased in that I would love to have a Mk1! But... when was this figure first released? RDJ's headsculpt doesn't look nearly as good as the others they've released.

Back