Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, duh. ;)

As opposed to this?

ss_im_mark3_portrait.jpg

The underlying sculpt is amazing, don't get me wrong. But if the HT version looks Asian, then the Sideshow version looks Middle Eastern.

What's epic about the SS piece's pose?

I'm not really knocking the sideshow piece, but I do think that for this particular subject, a mixed media approach is more appropriate. Take this shot of the maquette for example. There's a lot of detail there, but it's all obviously sculpted in. On the HT piece, there are real wires and pieces of armor, as well as fabric underneath it all, and it really helps give it a sense of realism.

That is a horrific pic of his face. That doesnt look like what is on my shelf. The picture with flash has washed out the detail. You also need to see it from the side to see the wrinkles and character that is in the face. Yes, it does look like Robert Downey Jr. and the hot toys does not. I still like the hot toys version dont get me wrong. I would just never be able to stand the head.

The detail is sculpted in the SS version but it does have mixed media. There are cables and rubber and various things. But not as much as the hot toys. The "epic" pose is when you place him on the base and take a pic from straight on-which makes him face you at a 45 degree angle. Thats what you see if you place it on a shelf. But if you turn it angled where the base isnt straight then he is just standing there looking off in another direction.

That looks just like Tim Curry....

20070403002256tim_curry_cropped.jpg

You're a comedian. You should seriously do comic work with collectibles. Maybe one of the first with this kind of schtick, and there is enough fanboys and toy nerds in this world, which would make such a career financially viable.

In this case it does. Have you ever tried to photograph a collectible? There is a supreme difference on how lighting effects the pic. Its a tough go unless you have a great camera and dont use the flash.

Yes, but still...if you snap a pic of Spidey you won't end up with freakin' Mystique. It doesn't matter how well the SS is photographed, IT LOOKS WEIRD. Tim Curry weird as a matter of fact...

:D

Well I caved and bought one, couldn't resist after seeing some of the great photo's people have been posting.

Anyway it came yesterday and horror, the light doesn't work. Anyone had this problem or know of a fix? don't really want to send it back, so if there is a way of fixing I'm all ears.

Well I caved and bought one, couldn't resist after seeing some of the great photo's people have been posting.

Anyway it came yesterday and horror, the light doesn't work. Anyone had this problem or know of a fix? don't really want to send it back, so if there is a way of fixing I'm all ears.

Battery replacement?

Did you try replacing the batteries first? Or at least opening the battery compartment to make sure the batteries are properly seated? I can't remember if the Mark I came with the transparent plastic tab you have to remove in order for the light up system to engage. I'm looking at mine right now and I don't remember having to pull one out of this one.

Thanks guys

Now for the shameful part. It... was... the... plastic :duh

I'm now going for a long lie down :eek:

Don't feel so bad. I spent three days trying to figure out how in hell to even turn it on. I just could not find the switch.

Finally got my Iron Man - Mark I :banana

collection20023.jpg

collection2007.jpg

AMAZING figure!!! :rock :rock :rock Looks even better in person with all those small details.

Questin though. Is it normal for the helmet not to close all the way in? There's a very small gap on the right side of his helmet.

Questin though. Is it normal for the helmet not to close all the way in? There's a very small gap on the right side of his helmet.

Mine doesn't close all the way as well. One question I do have for the rest of you Mark I owners is if the chest light is supposed to eventually fade out while the arm laser stays on.

Back