Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way Hot Toys would touch this license now. If they didn't bother while the films were in theaters, why would they now?

It's Star Ace or nothing, and for that I'm grateful. I just hope they actually hire people who watched the movies so that they can help the figure out what they're doing with these releases and to stop them when they're clearly ****ing up the likeness. I'm still annoyed that they keep showing the 1/8 Triwizard Harry with the broom at conventions, but the actual release doesn't come with the ****ing broom, which is the point of the whole ****ing sequence.

^^^ All of this! 100% agreed.

It's a little sad with all the good female characters in Harry Potter they have made one :rolleyes2

This is what I find really sad as well. Hermione is a wonderful character but what about McGonagall, Luna, Tonks, Bellatrix, Umbridge, Ginny, and Molly Weasley? Tina would be great for Fantastic Beasts in 2018 as well! Heck they could even make a Rita Skeeter and while shes a ****lord of a character she's got such a cool look in the green dress. They could even use the Marilyn Monroe hair retooled :rotfl All kidding aside, my HP 1:6 shelves are too hyper-masculine - it needs some more iconic Wizarding Females.

^^^ All of this! 100% agreed.

This is what I find really sad as well. Hermione is a wonderful character but what about McGonagall, Luna, Tonks, Bellatrix, Umbridge, Ginny, and Molly Weasley? Tina would be great for Fantastic Beasts in 2018 as well! Heck they could even make a Rita Skeeter and while shes a ****lord of a character she's got such a cool look in the green dress. They could even use the Marilyn Monroe hair retooled :rotfl All kidding aside, my HP 1:6 shelves are too hyper-masculine - it needs some more iconic Wizarding Females.

mcgonagall and bellatrix would look amazing on the shelf!

I'm sorry, but this is just kind of a fact of the series that there weren't too many super-prominent female characters. Bellatrix and McGonagall I could see, but Molly Weasley or Tonks? Not going to happen. In a series that is struggling to get even the main characters made, being diverse and PC in their figure selection just isn't a priority. Nor should it be.

I don't know, they've made some figures of male characters that have played fairly small roles. I wouldn't say that Ginny or Umbridge are less major characters than, say, Moody or Hagrid or Dobby.

Luna and Ginny are both fairly major characters - more so than Moody or Dobby.

The Dumbledore's Army group in general would've been better for them to make, than say, Year 3 AND 4 Harry (and POA Hermione) - the fact that they have not made any older versions of the characters, even Harry, makes little sense, IMO. After year 1, I would've gone straight to 5-7.

The lack of 5-7 versions pretty much killed my interest in the line - as I would only want 1 version of the main kids, and those were the versions I would've chosen.

Last edited:
Found some new pics of the updated POA Hermione on Amazon.

It's not a total train wreck like I initially thought, but I'm not very pumped about it. Still, it could be worse considering their latest 300 figures look nothing like the actress they're based on. This one still has a passing resemblance to a 13 year old Emma Watson.

Star Ace really needs to promote their figures better and fire whoever is currently in charge of marketing. They don't post about this about on Facebook, and they give their early sample figures to some random reviewers on youtube who don't have very good equipment for reviewing these things.

Please don’t be dead star ace line!! I need at least a teen Ron, McGonagall, Bellatrix and Umbridge and I will be satisfied- plus a Lupin and Ginny would be icing on the cake

^ Lets hope not, there are so many characters left they could do - and hopefully they'll look a lot better than their recent "teen" Hermione offering. Personally, I just want McGonagall - she's one of my favourite characters (and my main want from this line), not holding my breath though! :(

There is no way Hot Toys would touch this license now. If they didn't bother while the films were in theaters, why would they now?

Well they are going back and doing The Matrix all of a sudden and they do like to dip into older licenses like Back to the Future so nothing is really out of the realm of possibilities but I'd still agree it's a long shot.

I'm interested to see if they load up for the next Fantastic Beasts film because Newt isn't even out yet and there is so many more from the upcoming film that I would think would be characters they want to do.

Has anyone heard any whispers on Newt's release date? He was scheduled to release this month at the shop I placed my order through. Not that that means much in the world of 1/6.

^ The (UK based) retailer I've ordered mine from has January - March 2018 as the release estimate. I've heard nothing official though, hopefully it won't be too long before we get him. :pray:

Is it just me or is there something about the robes and the aged sculpt on the Hot Toys TLJ Leia that just makes me want a McGonagall for this line even more!?

Back