Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you all got one who wanted one! think geek.jpg

Has there been any update on the Newt Scamander figure recently? I don't collect much outside of Marvel and Star Wars, but I would like to get Newt if the final product looks good.

^ Not heard anything yet unfortunately! :( The place I've pre-ordered him from has Jan - March 2018 as the expected release date period so hopefully we'll get to see final product pics soon! :pray: Just hope they haven't made a complete mess of him like with their last few figures. :panic:

I am glad that people got such a good deal on that Dumbledore... it is definitely one of my favorite figures in the entire line.

Does anyone know of anywhere still selling the Richard Harris DX version for a reasonable price? I have been tempted to pick it up.

After seeing the latest Hermione and Lucius figures - and Hermione started out looking good, if not a touch too old - I'm not getting my hopes up here.

Well I have bought Harry and Hermione.
I think Hermione looks better in hand than how she turn out in pictures. But the head could ofsourse been better.
Will be nice to have Ron as well.

Hermione never looked good, guys. She just looked better than what they eventually shat out.

The Ron sculpt looks like it's from one of the David Yates films though.

Watch them label it Chamber of Secrets Ron, though.

Is it possible this line isn't meant for us? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have nicer sculpts, but maybe Star Ace figures the figures will sell based on name alone. I'm sure the licensing fee was rather high, and by churning out lower end figures they think they can make more money back from the people who will buy anything Harry Potter related. I believe they use this with a form of foot-in-door technique. Start the line off strong and get your initial clientele. After you have those a percentage of that group will want to complete the line no matter what.

Or maybe they're just really crap at making figures. Who knows.

I hope Toy Fair reveals that some other company is doing Harry Potter figures in 6 inch scale. I'd love if Figuarts started to produce some figures, or Hasbro. As long as it's not Mattel, I'd probably bite.

I hope Toy Fair reveals that some other company is doing Harry Potter figures in 6 inch scale. I'd love if Figuarts started to produce some figures, or Hasbro. As long as it's not Mattel, I'd probably bite.

It would be nice to see something done with the license. I just ordered the nano metal figs 20 piece set and Gryffindor Tower set.

Is it possible this line isn't meant for us? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have nicer sculpts, but maybe Star Ace figures the figures will sell based on name alone. I'm sure the licensing fee was rather high, and by churning out lower end figures they think they can make more money back from the people who will buy anything Harry Potter related. I believe they use this with a form of foot-in-door technique. Start the line off strong and get your initial clientele. After you have those a percentage of that group will want to complete the line no matter what.

Or maybe they're just really crap at making figures. Who knows.

The only possible target audience I can conceive of for that Lucius figure is elderly folks with barely any vision left.

That thing just creeps me out tbh. Looks like a bobblehead.

The only possible target audience I can conceive of for that Lucius figure is elderly folks with barely any vision left.

That thing just creeps me out tbh. Looks like a bobblehead.

:lol :lol :exactly: It does look like a bobblehead, I find him really weird looking too. Pity, I was interested initially in getting Lucius but this doesn't look good at all, so will have to pass. :(

:lol :lol :exactly: It does look like a bobblehead, I find him really weird looking too. Pity, I was interested initially in getting Lucius but this doesn't look good at all, so will have to pass. :(

It honestly looks like something that might come alive at night and murder you. There's just something so off about it. :lol

Back