Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus, I believe Star Ace already has the 1/6 license for Fantastic Beasts. I'm alright with Hot Toys not having the license, as we would only get 1-2 characters out of it anyways. Most likely only 1.

Even though I too think Hot Toys would kill these sculpts, like others have said, they'd probably only do like 4 characters tops from the whole license. I see them doing Harry, Ron, Hermione, and then maybe Voldemort...and that's it. We're much better off with Star Ace. Here we're getting teachers, villains, and possibly even some of the side character students.

Plus, I believe Star Ace already has the 1/6 license for Fantastic Beasts. I'm alright with Hot Toys not having the license, as we would only get 1-2 characters out of it anyways. Most likely only 1.

That is correct. Star Ace will be doing 1/6 from Fantastic Beasts - and perhaps more...

Cursed Child :yuck

I haven't touched it since I finished Part 1. Not very excited to pick up and read the second half of the script. This is the type of book that makes me wanna put it down the longer I read.

Surely that's not what Dave's implying, figures from the play would sell like ****. :lol

I think he means that there may be more than 1/6 figures from Fantastic Beasts, and not that there might be figures from *shudder* Cursed Child.

Yeah upon reading the post again that seems more likely.

It makes you wonder what happened to that Hungarian Horntail head displayed all the way back at one of the earlier cons... 2015 NYCC perhaps? Can't remember. But more releases like that could be coming, it makes sense considering the number of magical creatures likely to be in the new movie.

It makes you wonder what happened to that Hungarian Horntail head displayed all the way back at one of the earlier cons... 2015 NYCC perhaps? Can't remember. But more releases like that could be coming, it makes sense considering the number of magical creatures likely to be in the new movie.

:exactly: Even though it was just a head on a stick ( :lol ) it looked really promising!

I think Dave mentioned the scale, but it was so long ago now.

DarkLord Dave, do you have any idea when fans might see the next reveals from Star Ace for the Potter line? I know we just saw the regular Draco but when can we expect another reveal?

K, don't want to raise any hopes, but I joined the waitlist for a deluxe Dumbledore rather early, and it just converted. I cancelled immediately, because the same one is arriving thanks to Hobby-Galaxy in a couple days, but... If you ARE on the waitlist, you may be in luck.

About Cursed Child... there's good there, in my opinion, but there's a lot... not. Also, it IS a play. Reading it will never be a whole experience, so benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, there's only 4 new characters in Cursed Child, so I doubt they'll even think about leaving the movies. Personally, I'm hoping for a Dementor. One that looks more similar to Azkaban than Order of the Phoenix. Prisoner of Azkaban's Dementors were so much creepier/scarier than the overly explicit green ones in Phoenix

I'm in for a Newt. The way the trailer portrays him is almost like Doctor Who, and that's pretty cool. Heck I could see Redmayne being the Doctor.

So the new Fantastic Beasts movie will be a trilogy, and there are rumours of a Quidditch Through the Ages film too.

Star Ace might have an endless license here. Sure they'd have to either secure new rights for each film, or ask for the rights to the Wizardingverse, but the potential is there...

And yeah. Phoenix's Dementors were far too explicit to me. And the robes functioning as extra arms were just silly. Azkaban's Dementors had that floating through the water thing, which was so eerie, and accurately captured the whole 'showing us enough but not all' aspect of them from the books. Their mystique made them creepy, even before we knew of the whole soul sucking thing.

Also, green? Why green? Just... why? Black is so much, well, darker.

Also: A certain someone arrived today!
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg

I actually had no idea those were coming out, I'm a bit scared to read them after Cursed Child but seeing as these actually seem to be 100% written by JK it should be alright... :lol

there are rumours of a Quidditch Through the Ages film too.

wut :lol

I haven't heard about that. But I guess if they can make a story out of Fantastic Beasts they can make a story out of a history of Quidditch. :slap :lol

And yeah. Phoenix's Dementors were far too explicit to me. And the robes functioning as extra arms were just silly. Azkaban's Dementors had that floating through the water thing, which was so eerie, and accurately captured the whole 'showing us enough but not all' aspect of them from the books. Their mystique made them creepy, even before we knew of the whole soul sucking thing.

Also, green? Why green? Just... why? Black is so much, well, darker.

:exactly:

I actually had no idea those were coming out, I'm a bit scared to read them after Cursed Child but seeing as these actually seem to be 100% written by JK it should be alright... :lol

Yeah, it's all taken right from Pottermore, so all J.K. I think she may have added some extra too, but yeah, all J.K. ALL JK.

Sorry, I was repeating myself.

Back