Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Well-spotted! They have Mad-eye for £99. I paid £150 for mine when it first came out.

Anybody looking for the older figures (3 kids, Voldemort, Sirius etc), BCS in the uk have a flash sale on and today is Harry Potter day.

Is this a website? Is it JUST today? God, why are all these sales going on midweek? I was doing my budget for my upcoming Friday paycheck and I should have at least 100 bucks to play around with after I pay bills so I hope some of this is still happening by the weekend.

Anybody looking for the older figures (3 kids, Voldemort, Sirius etc), BCS in the uk have a flash sale on and today is Harry Potter day.

They have any website or contact number?I want to buy it.
o.png

So what do you think my chances are of my Dumbledore deluxe order on waistlist converting from Sideshow? Trying to figure out if I let it ride and hope he converts or go ahead and get from ebay now while I can. Ughhh..........................why did this one have to be the one that was gone so quickly. I should have waited on Snape and got Dumbledore deluxe first.

I see that the Quidditch figures have been pushed back again to September. I hope it's because that they're trying to keep the quality of the head sculpts as close to the proto as possible.

So what do you think my chances are of my Dumbledore deluxe order on waistlist converting from Sideshow? Trying to figure out if I let it ride and hope he converts or go ahead and get from ebay now while I can.

Tough call. The Ebay prices don't appear to be out of control yet.

I see that the Quidditch figures have been pushed back again to September. I hope it's because that they're trying to keep the quality of the head sculpts as close to the proto as possible.

Here's hoping.

So what do you think my chances are of my Dumbledore deluxe order on waistlist converting from Sideshow? Trying to figure out if I let it ride and hope he converts or go ahead and get from ebay now while I can. Ughhh..........................why did this one have to be the one that was gone so quickly. I should have waited on Snape and got Dumbledore deluxe first.
Pretty sure he's entirely sold out on Sideshow (at least the deluxe).

eBay him immediately. You can't even open a Wait List at this point. Deluxe Dumbledore is gonna be EXPENSIVE on the aftermarket soon.

Ordered my Mad Eye on amazon yesterday. Sale was still happening :) I don't hear much talk of this figure. Is he considered kind of the dud of the line? I think he looks great. I'll know more when I have him in hand of course.

Ordered my Mad Eye on amazon yesterday. Sale was still happening :) I don't hear much talk of this figure. Is he considered kind of the dud of the line? I think he looks great. I'll know more when I have him in hand of course.

Quite a few people feel he is a bit on the weak side, yes. For me, he's probably my favourite character, so I overlook the weaknesses more than others. Not a figure that blew my socks off though, but still a good addition. And you got it at the fraction I paid - so a bargain for him IMO.

Enjoy :clap

How difficult is his mechanical leg to work with? Michael Crawford's review made it sound...troublesome. Does he have one regular and an interchangeable mechanical or just the mechanical one that pops off?

It's not interchangeable, no. Mine hasn't popped off, and as far as I'm aware they're not supposed to. The slight problem is posing is more limited in movement, but I don't think that matters. I did read Michael's review at the time, but have forgotten what his concerns were. For the price you picked it up for, I don't think you'll have much to complain about and will enjoy the figure.

What is the likelihood that any other companies will eventually pick up the Harry Potter license? I bought the original trio in Hogwarts uniform because I thought they looked fantastic. (Hermione in particular had an amazing sculpt) But in the back of my mind, I always wondered what Hot Toys or another company could do if given the chance.

Very unlikely at this rate. Star Ace have the license and they're obviously invested in it, and seeing as no one (bar Medicom) did anything with the license before Star Ace, I doubt there's interest in the license from other companies.

I agree; unless Hot Toys decides they just have to make a Death-Eater Armor Iron Man, I doubt they'd bother with the HP license.

Very unlikely at this rate. Star Ace have the license and they're obviously invested in it, and seeing as no one (bar Medicom) did anything with the license before Star Ace, I doubt there's interest in the license from other companies.

I agree; unless Hot Toys decides they just have to make a Death-Eater Armor Iron Man, I doubt they'd bother with the HP license.

Cool thanks. I think the only thing that could have swayed them was Fantastic Beasts coming up later in the year, but you guys are probably right that it won't happen.

I doubt Hot Toys has any interest in Fantastic Beasts, unfortunately. I don't think they're interested in anything that's not a guaranteed hit since the flop that was The Lone Ranger.

And even if Hot Toys did secure a license, they wouldn't give us anywhere near the depth we're getting from Star Ace--we'd likely get about four characters and done.

Back