Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Anxious for those pics of Sirius. Appreciate it. I see when I get him I will need to do some upgrades. Will use those pics.

Snape looks the same to me aside from a slight color change. Not impressed still.

They need to do a better job with the hairs of the beard coming out of the sculpt. Looks far too stuck on .

Thanks Anxious for those pics of Sirius. Appreciate it. I see when I get him I will need to do some upgrades. Will use those pics.

Snape looks the same to me aside from a slight color change. Not impressed still.

No worries. Let me know when you get him and I'll be happy to fire more pictures your way of the Studio Tour.

Mine is still a work in progress. I do a bit to the sculpt now and again. I've sculpted more beard and hair, and I am now working on the repaint. I do a little bit at a time. Now I've got proper reference material, next will be the clothes.

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

I was looking around on ebay, and it seems as if rather than demand for this line going up, prices are going WAY DOWN for all of the released figures--even Hogwarts Harry and Ron! Are people not taking to this line? I love it... =/

I was looking around on ebay, and it seems as if rather than demand for this line going up, prices are going WAY DOWN for all of the released figures--even Hogwarts Harry and Ron! Are people not taking to this line? I love it... =/
I've seen them all still in stock at quite a few vendors, so either they made a lot or they haven't sold that well.

They have been releasing them pretty quick though, maybe collectors are waiting to pick them up down the line.

I've been caught out a few times - the prices drop after a couple of months. Which is another reason I'm not preordering any more.

Well.... I say we got a 50/50 shot. Personally... I think Harry, Ron and Voldemort turned out great. Then there is Sirius, Sirius Azkaban, and Mad Eye who all had issues, whether they were big or small.

I think Hermione will be setting the tone for future releases. Hopefully it is what we see in the proto pics.

I said a similiar thing earlier. So, I agree with you - Harry, Ron and Voldy are very good and the prices were fair. Then SA slid down hill from then on. Sirius was okay - apart from the baggy jacket. Mad-Eye was a disappointment, but still an okay figure. Sirius Azkaban was an absolute waste of money and a turning point for me. Snape's outfit looks great, but not the HS. Sculpt on Harris Dumbledore looks great, but not the beard. Triwizard Harry looks okay. Yr2 Harry & Draco look okay, although I'm not seeing the wow factor that everyone else seems to see in them here. Hermione looks good and I would imagine that SA are keen to get her looking as good as Ron and Harry otherwise there's no point. Hagrid has the potential to look the best of the lot, IMO.

I know KP are not official license holders (so, that's a separate argument) but I just wish SA would take a leaf out of their book and interact with us. People here, combined, really know their figures and the HP franchise. Such an invaluable resource and I just wish they'd ask for help. They have an epic license, and, I for one, don't want them to mess it up - which I feel they're doing.

You can't please us all, and we do often ask for the impossible, but they should at least talk to collectors and fans. It would be in their interest and we'd be happy to help them make figures that are amazing. If SA was my company, that's what I'd do - there's no shame in it. I'd be happy to help for a simple "Thank you" in return and knowing a better figure will come up for me to buy.

As it stands, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for SA products. I'm not preordering any more. I'm not paying the ridiculous prices they now want - not unless their quality improves. I was comitted to them, which is why it's so sad and hard for me to say "I'm backing off."

So, all in all, if Hermione looks as good as they promise, I'll buy her. Later. When the price has dropped.

I said a similiar thing earlier. So, I agree with you - Harry, Ron and Voldy are very good and the prices were fair. Then SA slid down hill from then on. Sirius was okay - apart from the baggy jacket. Mad-Eye was a disappointment, but still an okay figure. Sirius Azkaban was an absolute waste of money and a turning point for me. Snape's outfit looks great, but not the HS. Sculpt on Harris Dumbledore looks great, but not the beard. Triwizard Harry looks okay. Yr2 Harry & Draco look okay, although I'm not seeing the wow factor that everyone else seems to see in them here. Hermione looks good and I would imagine that SA are keen to get her looking as good as Ron and Harry otherwise there's no point. Hagrid has the potential to look the best of the lot, IMO.

I know KP are not official license holders (so, that's a separate argument) but I just wish SA would take a leaf out of their book and interact with us. People here, combined, really know their figures and the HP franchise. Such an invaluable resource and I just wish they'd ask for help. They have an epic license, and, I for one, don't want them to mess it up - which I feel they're doing.

You can't please us all, and we do often ask for the impossible, but they should at least talk to collectors and fans. It would be in their interest and we'd be happy to help them make figures that are amazing. If SA was my company, that's what I'd do - there's no shame in it. I'd be happy to help for a simple "Thank you" in return and knowing a better figure will come up for me to buy.

As it stands, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for SA products. I'm not preordering any more. I'm not paying the ridiculous prices they now want - not unless their quality improves. I was comitted to them, which is why it's so sad and hard for me to say "I'm backing off."

So, all in all, if Hermione looks as good as they promise, I'll buy her. Later. When the price has dropped.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Yeah, me too. I, like you, was originally hoping to 100% this line, as this series of books and movies means a lot to me. One of the most appealing parts of trying to get all of the figures was the initial lower prices - only $185 retail for Harry, and he's a great figure, packed with accessories etc. The prices were always going to rise but I'd hoped that we'd have gotten more must-get characters out of the way before that really started to happen.

These figures are really starting to stack up and clump together.... We are expecting all of these for Quarter 1 2016?

Tri-Wizard Harry - $220, December 2015?
Hermione Granger - $200, January 2016
Dumbledore - $245, Q1 2016
Snape - $220, Q1 2016
Harry/Malfoy - $380, Q1 2016

All that totals $1265. With the huge push of Hot Toys Star Wars over this same time span ($3,000+) and the rest of the AoU line releasing over this same time span (around $1,000).... does anyone think Star Ace sales will suffer because of this?

Yeah, me too. I, like you, was originally hoping to 100% this line, as this series of books and movies means a lot to me. One of the most appealing parts of trying to get all of the figures was the initial lower prices - only $185 retail for Harry, and he's a great figure, packed with accessories etc. The prices were always going to rise but I'd hoped that we'd have gotten more must-get characters out of the way before that really started to happen.

I guess they thought they were being clever with a reasonable price hook. Where the reality is, we're not that stupid. Plus you can now pick them up for $170.

These figures are really starting to stack up and clump together.... We are expecting all of these for Quarter 1 2016?

Snape - $220, Q1 2016

All that totals $1265. With the huge push of Hot Toys Star Wars over this same time span ($3,000+) and the rest of the AoU line releasing over this same time span (around $1,000).... does anyone think Star Ace sales will suffer because of this?

Those are better prices than I can get in the UK, but still too high for the quality. I think I'll do that - go across to HT Star Wars line. They might be a lot more expensive, but the quality is there. I'd rather pay a bit more and get a figure I'm happy with. I've not even started on the HT Star Wars line yet. Last I got was the Sideshow Hoths.

Snape - $220, Q1 2016

star ace is shooting themselves in the foot. Sad. I really want this company to make it, but staking these to close together and they will loose prospective sales. HT's is a very strong competitor. Quality is suffering with this line.

Well you don't have to buy them all as soon as they come out. not really shooting themselves in the foot since this is their major line up. not everybody buys hot toys in conjunction with star ace products.

star ace is shooting themselves in the foot. Sad. I really want this company to make it, but staking these to close together and they will loose prospective sales. HT's is a very strong competitor. Quality is suffering with this line.

i like that they release them quickly and i think other than a few minor issues here and there with a couple figures the line has actually been rather great so far.

I agree. I have really enjoyed the figures I have gotten so far, and I'm really looking forward to what else is coming in the line.

For me, the Ron figure was very exciting - that tiny chess set just blew me away and I had to go buy the Great Hall benches and table so I could show the kids playing. Plus, some sellers like Planet Action Figures are selling them for under $160 now which is a bargain. Also, Casual version has that chess set!

After Prisoner, I'm holding back and seeing in-hand pictures and lower prices before leaping. Well, apart from Hagrid because he looked great - not entirely a screen-accurate beard, hair and buttons, but still a very good-looking figure. I'm not looking forward to the price he comes in at, being such a large figure and their current trend for SA overpricing, but fingers crossed. . .

Yeah, Planet Action Figures have great prices. I bought Voldemort and Ron this week from them, paid £220 for both. I also ordered casual Ron from Sideshow. With $30 off code it cost me $100 delivered, which is around £65.

Regarding other Star Ace figures from HP line, I must say I was a bit disappointed in Mad-Eye Moody. Was expecting much more from it. It just doesn't look right. Sirius is not that bad, although I expected a different HS on the prisoner version. And the clothes on that one are just not up to standard. Don't know why they decided to make two versions of Sirius when there's a ton of other characters they can make.

Dumbledore's looks good, but the beard is putting me off. Will wait for it to come out and then decide if I'm gonna buy it or not. Think that one of the reasons in varying standards is the pace Star Ace is making those figures. There's a new one almost every few weeks. I wish they would just slow down, focus on one figure at a time and do it properly. Would rather have two-three figures a year of high standard than having to dread every time they announce new figure what will it look like.

Yeah, Planet Action Figures have great prices. I bought Voldemort and Ron this week from them, paid £220 for both. I also ordered casual Ron from Sideshow. With $30 off code it cost me $100 delivered, which is around £65.

Regarding other Star Ace figures from HP line, I must say I was a bit disappointed in Mad-Eye Moody. Was expecting much more from it. It just doesn't look right. Sirius is not that bad, although I expected a different HS on the prisoner version. And the clothes on that one are just not up to standard. Don't know why they decided to make two versions of Sirius when there's a ton of other characters they can make.

Dumbledore's looks good, but the beard is putting me off. Will wait for it to come out and then decide if I'm gonna buy it or not. Think that one of the reasons in varying standards is the pace Star Ace is making those figures. There's a new one almost every few weeks. I wish they would just slow down, focus on one figure at a time and do it properly. Would rather have two-three figures a year of high standard than having to dread every time they announce new figure what will it look like.

Mad Eye was very disappointing to me also, I always keep one of each figure for display and have sold my Mad Eye as Ex Display. It is a great quality figure just not a great sculpt. The problem is they make the prototype shots look amazing so that is what we expect but when they come some of them just do not cut it. Mad Eye looked amazing in the proto shots, one of the best even.

I have no plans to buy Moody. With that weirdly tan skin tone, I think he'd need a repaint, and I don't like his character enough to justify a good $80-$100 paint job. Sirius I'm still not sure about... I have Ron and Harry so far with Voldemort coming on Monday.

Back