Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap

Dumbledore 12299390_778177805642290_4177750119393024214_n.jpg

They've gotten 2 outta the 4 figures slated to be released by the end of the year out. But they suffer from a rush job. So I won't mind if him and Hermione are delayed.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind either. I'm actually hoping for a delay, because Hot Toys is releasing so many of their Star Wars figures at the same time Triwizard Harry is scheduled to ship.

The face sculpt doesn't look bad at all, but the crappy beard really lets the whole thing down. It looks photoshopped on.

They should have sculpted it, even if it reduced articulation. It's not like he ever did much in the first two films anyway.

Sculpt is brilliant. Which is crazy as SA have been mucking them up recently. The rest. . . :slap

Hmmm...looks like we've got another Chewbacca situation on our hands. Everyone hated pics of him too but with a little love he's amazing. I bet this is the same. Harris Dumbledore is a total must have for me so I'm going to twiddle my futzing fingers and keep the faith...

the only part of the beard that looks a bit odd is around the mouth area, it's not the whole beard itself. it looks way too "cut" around the mouth area. no idea how else you'd be that looking more natural when using a soft material for a beard but yeah it just looks too "stuck on". otherwise i like the rest of the beard.

Hmm, not sure about that. Pretty much looks all off to me - like a fake one.

richard-harris-dumbledore.jpg]

Not to mention SA's love of purple at the moment. Must have discount on the fabric colour.

Welp.... Wow.... I really thought they would go sculpted beard.... the robe looks somewhat cheap to me. The sculpt is a 10/10 though.

The beard is bad. It looks like you would find it on a $15 12 inch Hasbro toy, not a $200+ collectible. The beard texture (is that the word for describing beards) is wrong just as it was with HT Ben. The color is even wrong. It should match his hair more.

The color is even wrong. It should match his hair more.

I might be wrong here, but I think SA are taking their reference material from publicity shots, rather than the movie. Google "Harris Dumbledore" and you'll see what I mean. His robe really isn't that purple on film - "Snape syndome" as it's now called. But, publicity photos really do look different. I just wish they'd go to the studio tour. . . Unfortunately, Harris Dumbledore costume was at the top of the stairs in his office, so my iPhone struggled to get a clear shot.

I have pictures of most other costumes though. Took 10+ of Prisoner Sirius, ready for mods.

I might be wrong here, but I think SA are taking their reference material from publicity shots, rather than the movie. Google "Harris Dumbledore" and you'll see what I mean. His robe really isn't that purple on film - "Snape syndome" as it's now called. But, publicity photos really do look different. I just wish they'd go to the studio tour. . . Unfortunately, Harris Dumbledore costume was at the top of the stairs in his office, so my iPhone struggled to get a clear shot.

I have pictures of most other costumes though. Took 10+ of Prisoner Sirius, ready for mods.

I see what you mean now. Not a good way to base the figure off of though. These are based off movies (or at the very least should be)... not publicity shots.

What were the differences from the Prisoner Siruius costume to what the actual figure was?

I see what you mean now. Not a good way to base the figure off of though. These are based off movies (or at the very least should be)... not publicity shots.

What were the differences from the Prisoner Siruius costume to what the actual figure was?

Mainly the weathering, especially the fraying on the hem of the trousers.

Back