Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad that Snapes bad but glad I got the first one and can save money.

On an unrelated note- what does anyone think the odds are of Star Ace reusing the Griphook body (and maybe even some of the 2.0 clothes) to give us a Flitwick?
A Flitwick would be awesome!
Its surprising to have 2 Griphooks and no professor.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I would also like a Flitwick figure. Ore two! One goblin like from the first films and one frem the later films. Would like to have hip and knee articulation though.
flitwick-books1.jpg

Flitwick.jpg

I would also like a Flitwick figure. Ore two! One goblin like from the first films and one frem the later films. Would like to have hip and knee articulation though.
View attachment 484219

View attachment 484220

Yes please! Its odd to me that we got two versions of Griphook (one of which is kind of an amalgamation of two goblin characters and not even Griphook) but no prominent actual character who DOES have two versions??

and yet again-- WHERE IS MCGONAGAL AND UMBRIDGE!?

I wish I could like that Pettigrew because I want to have him. Definitely would need some work done to it and still dont know if it can be saved. On a side note heres a picture of my current GOF shelf
IMG_20200502_134948_844.jpg

I recently moved offices so I packed up my Potter figures and just opened the box after three months. This led me to discover an unfortunate side effect of allowing the figures' robes to come in contact with the figures' heads and hands. In the places where the two met, the ink from the robes was absorbed by the plastic of the heads and hands. Hermione got it the worst. She looks like someone punched her in the face, leaving a big bruise on her cheek and chin. Harry, Hagrid and Draco's hands are similarly stained. I tried a variety of cleansers to remove the stains but to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, has anyone managed to get the stains out?

20200502_204114.jpg

20200502_204229.jpg

20200502_204338.jpg

I recently moved offices so I packed up my Potter figures and just opened the box after three months. This led me to discover an unfortunate side effect of allowing the figures' robes to come in contact with the figures' heads and hands. In the places where the two met, the ink from the robes was absorbed by the plastic of the heads and hands. Hermione got it the worst. She looks like someone punched her in the face, leaving a big bruise on her cheek and chin. Harry, Hagrid and Draco's hands are similarly stained. I tried a variety of cleansers to remove the stains but to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, has anyone managed to get the stains out?

Yikes. That makes me a bit nervous. Mine are still in their original boxes...

Thanks for the info! Clearasil was purchased today, application to begin tonight!

E76EC621-1BFD-4889-B770-9B04CD669977.jpeg

With some love this guy can look pretty decent- glad I picked him up! Turned out to be another fun project now bring on Lupin!

....and an Umbridge!!

Re painted and styled the hair
Padded up the body
Cut off his finger
Remolded the silver hand
DeSTORYED and dirtied up the costume
.....I think that’s everything haha

I wish I could like that Pettigrew because I want to have him. Definitely would need some work done to it and still dont know if it can be saved. On a side note heres a picture of my current GOF shelf
View attachment 484301

That is awesome! Did you make the vote sheets yourslf?

View attachment 484335

View attachment 484336

View attachment 484337

Wow.... sorry that happened. Mine have been boxed up longer than yours and I’m actually displaying them today. Fingers crossed.

If you haven’t fixed this yet, may I suggest a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Those things work wonders, downside is there is a chance paint may rub, so you really have to be slow and precise when using it.

20200524_214950.jpg

Top: Harry's hand prior to any Clearasil action.
Bottom: The hand after 15 applications.

Looks like it's working, it's just going to take time.

Last edited:
Here?s Terry?s posing session with Snape 2.0 from his Toys Will Be Toys series. As suspected, while the sculpt has its issues, and while folks who have vehemently hated everything Star Ace has done with sixth scale Snape so far will not have their opinions changed in the slightest by this new video, I?m pleased to be able to say that under some purposeful lighting, the sculpt seems to be much closer to the promo pics that to the horrific in-hand shots we?ve seen to date.

My biggest gripe is that the head seems a fair amount too wide for Rickman. Other than that I think it?s serviceable, and not the worst we?ve seen from Star Ace recently. Those may not be high compliments, but at least I?m not gagging as some of you are no doubt about to claim, lol!

Enjoy:

Back