Official Fantacular Chat Reminder! (and request)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Hi guys & gals! We're very excited for our Fantacular 2010 chat to begin, and we've got quite an awesome line-up of VIPs for you this time around!

Just wanted to remind everyone that our first Sideshow VIP is scheduled for 9am (Pacific Time - which is the time that's noted at the top left of all pages on SideshowCollectibles.com) tomorrow, Wednesday, March 17th.

We do ask that you follow some basic rules - and the greatest of all is "don't be rude" - either to your fellow collectors (some of them may be new to chatting, or even to collecting! - PLEASE welcome them and do not make them feel inferior), or to the Sideshow staff members who have so graciously volunteered to take time out of their busy schedules to join us. IF YOU ARE RUDE IN ANY WAY, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CHAT. This includes spamming (posting the same thing - or asking the same question over and over) and begging for free stuff during Q&A sessions. (there will be appropriate times for that, between sessions ;))

Another "rule" is to familiarize yourselves with the information posted here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8665 ... Please make sure the questions you ask are directed to the proper person! For instance, Jim (the shipping manager) will be unable to answer ANYTHING about upcoming product because he knows nothing about it! On the other hand, Tom knows nothing about shipping. Etc...

Those of you who are long-time chatters, if we could please ask you to help us out by (gently) reminding people to be chill and enjoy themselves - and if they are new, letting them know who would be best able to answer the questions that they may have, as well as keeping them from getting too antsy while waiting for questions to be answered during the Q&As.... as you know, oftentimes the questions come so fast that it takes a while to catch up! Thus, we would greatly appreciate it if the back-and-forth chatter and banter be kept to a MINIMUM during the Q&A sessions so that our VIPs can attempt to keep up. If things get too out of hand, the chat room will be 'muted' so that no one will be able to "speak" other than the room moderators. (But we don't like to do this, so please don't make us :))

Thanks in advance! It's going to be a fantastic time - can't wait to see you all there! :duff

First I heard of this. Wish I could participate, but can't. Sounds lime fun. FREE BOSK'S to everyone in chat!!!!

How long is it expected to last? 9am to ?

Well, if you looked at the schedule I linked to (which, by the way, has been posted in the past 2 newsletters ;)) you'll see that we expect Greg to take the "stage" at approximately 4pm... so I'd expect him to want to be done no later than 5:30.... but, if years' past are any indication, Chris may leave the chat open for longer than that, we just may not be in it :)

Here's the link again: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8665

I'll be ready with a charged iPhone, but do have to study for my first lab practical in A&P simultaneously. Should be interesting.

Well, if you looked at the schedule I linked to (which, by the way, has been posted in the past 2 newsletters ;)) you'll see that we expect Greg to take the "stage" at approximately 4pm... so I'd expect him to want to be done no later than 5:30.... but, if years' past are any indication, Chris may leave the chat open for longer than that, we just may not be in it :)

Here's the link again: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8665

Oh, sorry, was browsing from my iphone and missed it.

So this is an all day affair, huh? maybe able to say hello to some of the cool people at SS around 1:00 to 3:00 (Brant and Brock) as I'm taking off work early to catch a plane flight, but looks like I'll miss when the big cheese is on :( (that's 2X now). Looks to be fun.

Transcripts being recorded?

Thanks great idea this chat with ustream live to see product.
Will like to have the same for SDCC2010 to see products and others

Hi guys & gals! We're very excited for our Fantacular 2010 chat to begin, and we've got quite an awesome line-up of VIPs for you this time around!

Just wanted to remind everyone that our first Sideshow VIP is scheduled for 9am (Pacific Time - which is the time that's noted at the top left of all pages on SideshowCollectibles.com) tomorrow, Wednesday, March 17th.

We do ask that you follow some basic rules - and the greatest of all is "don't be rude" - either to your fellow collectors (some of them may be new to chatting, or even to collecting! - PLEASE welcome them and do not make them feel inferior), or to the Sideshow staff members who have so graciously volunteered to take time out of their busy schedules to join us. IF YOU ARE RUDE IN ANY WAY, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CHAT. This includes spamming (posting the same thing - or asking the same question over and over) and begging for free stuff during Q&A sessions. (there will be appropriate times for that, between sessions ;))

Another "rule" is to familiarize yourselves with the information posted here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8665 ... Please make sure the questions you ask are directed to the proper person! For instance, Jim (the shipping manager) will be unable to answer ANYTHING about upcoming product because he knows nothing about it! On the other hand, Tom knows nothing about shipping. Etc...

Those of you who are long-time chatters, if we could please ask you to help us out by (gently) reminding people to be chill and enjoy themselves - and if they are new, letting them know who would be best able to answer the questions that they may have, as well as keeping them from getting too antsy while waiting for questions to be answered during the Q&As.... as you know, oftentimes the questions come so fast that it takes a while to catch up! Thus, we would greatly appreciate it if the back-and-forth chatter and banter be kept to a MINIMUM during the Q&A sessions so that our VIPs can attempt to keep up. If things get too out of hand, the chat room will be 'muted' so that no one will be able to "speak" other than the room moderators. (But we don't like to do this, so please don't make us :))

Thanks in advance! It's going to be a fantastic time - can't wait to see you all there! :duff

someone have a copy of the chats from today? I would like to read them over. I missed gregs chat.:monkey2

Dusty thank Travis for me for taking the time to answer my questions for me in chat today. :D I am truly honored to have talked with him and hope to do it again soon.

In fact thanks to everyone at Sideshow who took time out of their workday to chat with us all. :D Tom, Sorry that I had SO MANY questions I asked you.:eek::lol:rotfl Thank you for answering them all. :D

Thanks everyone at Sideshow

The Monster
Nick

Last edited:
Lonnie was logging and should probably have the transcripts in the coming days/weeks. Greg's chat was awesome. He's always fun to chat with.

Dusty has them and after editing, they will be posted on Sideshow's site. If you really want the entire chat log, I can post it, but it is on my home computer, so it will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.

Dusty has them and after editing, they will be posted on Sideshow's site. If you really want the entire chat log, I can post it, but it is on my home computer, so it will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again Lonnie - I believe they'll be going up in tomorrow's newsletter (the q&a parts - not all the chatter ;)) Monster, nothing new was said about Uni Monsters that the other guys hadn't already covered - will continue, new format, etc. :duff

Questions and answers from the chat are posted to Sideshow Q&A right now! :rock

Huge props to whoever sorted through and formatted all that! :rock

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?cat=195&utm_source=wp_news

Still to come: Brant, Brock, Tom & Greg's chats! Right now only Mike, Robin, Jim & Travis' have been posted - gotta split 'em up so as not to overwhelm everyone. Actual transcripts will also be posted tomorrow :duff

Back