Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. That doesn't look half bad and a good substitute to the Enterbay one. There's more Bruce in this than the one I posted.

Over the Summer I'll probably start building the custom. I was thinking about making a Way of the Dragon Bruce too, with the two nunchaku.

Do you or anyone else have a recommendation of a WOTD head?

Last edited:
Forgot to say eBay or one sixth kit for ganghood body/combo.and eBay for the grey suit and chuks.glad to help.

I literally just took this out of the box and haven't posed it properly yet.

The feel is quality. The portrait...let me preface this by admitting I was biased against this sculpt from Day 1, and initially passed on it in disappointment.

I was happy with the DX04 for a long time before finally going off it, feeling the angles were too specific to grab a good likeness.

I gambled on this one, after some recent photos looked better and I found a good -- but not great -- price.

I like it. Is it perfect? No, but almost no 1/6 sculpts are.

But it's closer than I thought in-hand. Better than DX04, I feel.

Now everyone knows "better in-hand" is a 1/6 cliché -- I'll do my best in the coming weeks to photograph it honestly and effectively to convey what my eyes are seeing.

Without having seen them in-hand I can opine that earlier EB releases may have been better, but they show their age now and some of them seem to veer into caricature.

I'm going to spend some time with this and see if it joins the permanent collection -- one never knows -- but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

This is a bad iPhone shot. I'll need to do this in better light and account for lens distortion, next time.

a44ed027df1fda28118d0f21570286b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The feel is quality. The portrait...let me preface this by admitting I was biased against this sculpt from Day 1, and initially passed on it in disappointment.

I was happy with the DX04 for a long time before finally going off it, feeling the angles were too specific to grab a good likeness.

I gambled on this one, after some recent photos looked better and I found a good -- but not great -- price.

Now everyone knows "better in-hand" is a 1/6 cliché -- I'll do my best in the coming weeks to photograph it honestly and effectively to convey what my eyes are seeing.

Without having seen them in-hand I can opine that earlier EB releases may have been better, but they show their age now and some of them seem to veer into caricature.

I'm going to spend some time with this and see if it joins the permanent collection -- one never knows -- but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

Looking forward to your continued thoughts. Will be interested to see how it settles with you and what you think of it.
I think the overall package is great but that the sculpt just looks nothing like him.
I'm a little baffled that Enterbay's Big Boss and now this seem so far off. There is so much 1/6 reference material (and 1/4 and 1/3) - most of it produced by Enterbay, that they have a huge amount of material to work off. I don't see how they put this sculpt next to all that and think, 'yup, nailed it.'
Their 1/4 Way of the Dragon showed they can put out great sculpts without Arnie Kim.

agree with SAB.i'm a huge bruce fan and the last few sculpts from EB have been pretty average(bar the 1/4 WOTD ''normal'' sculpt.the ''grouchy'' as we called it was ok)I've always said as far as likeness goes,this sculpt loses it from the mouth down.you can see bruce from above it,but not enough(for me)to snap this for my collection,even though the set itself is very good.i hope in the end you DO end up keeping this and I look forward to your thoughts further down the line.
the early EB sculpts(bar WOTD)have a better likeness,but lack in today's paint detail,but i'm more than happy with them.
I will keep an eye for your posts on this.

LONG TIME no see Larry( hope all is well mate)wasn't that the original sculpt for the HD 1003 1/4.much better than EB final product.
if there's one sculpt i'd love it's this one

Last edited:
Hey Chris. It's been some time.

The infamous 'Game Of Death' Bruce Lee sculpt we should have got :lecture :lol

I think that WotD is a 1/6 sculpt. Well, that's what I assumed when looking at the body. I could be wrong though.

ds3CvUV.jpg

Mm you could be right,looks like it's on the HT body.i know arnie's 1/4 statue had a better face/likeness than the finished one.i think he left just before it was released.:dunno
could be wrong though,the ole brain is getting on.:lol

This is a bad iPhone shot. I'll need to do this in better light and account for lens distortion, next time.

a44ed027df1fda28118d0f21570286b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to get this now, but it would be cheaper just getting the bootleg head and building a figure.

Yep! That's right. It's 1/6! :)

Hey Chris. It's been some time.

The infamous 'Game Of Death' Bruce Lee sculpt we should have got :lecture :lol

I think that WotD is a 1/6 sculpt. Well, that's what I assumed when looking at the body. I could be wrong though.

ds3CvUV.jpg

the KO head is very good,and the other parts are easy to find.unless you really want the backdrop and extra's that's the cheapest route.i was hoping EB would give us the best Bruce Lee for the 75th anniversary,they pretty much got the most important part wrong(likeness)and I really think this will be EB last bruce,due to the mass of NBA figures that they are turning out.
I hope Arnie Kim,keeps on with his bruce lee's and finds a company who can give us fans something great.

even these older sculpts look great.

Mm you could be right,looks like it's on the HT body.i know arnie's 1/4 statue had a better face/likeness than the finished one.i think he left just before it was released.:dunno
could be wrong though,the ole brain is getting on.:lol
I think I remember that. Statue did not turn out how I wanted.

I was following Arnie Kim on YouTube, but then he erased/hid his toy vid, but kept his music there. Don't know why. He had a nice Keanu Reeves sculpt on there too. & I've seen a video of that WotD sculpt on an articulated body, but again, not sure if 1/6 or 1/4 body.
Yep! That's right. It's 1/6! :)
Serious Bruce Lee collector Dme3o says it's 1/6, so yeah, it's 1/6.

any new bruce lee would have to be pretty much spot-on for me to go back to collecting,the only things I have bought in the last year or so are 1/6 bruce parts for a few customs.
but if arnie does release this figure.......:wink1::wink1:
Dme3o thanks for the confirmation..nice to hear from fellow bruce lee collectors

I've been collecting random things from all over the place as usual. It's nice to see you in here Chris. Still the legit Bruce Lee collector.

Thanks Larry,that does mean a lot to me. We had some great chats on here,and its great to see you on here.you know me and bruce.;)

Looking forward to your continued thoughts. Will be interested to see how it settles with you and what you think of it.
I think the overall package is great but that the sculpt just looks nothing like him.[...]

agree with SAB.i'm a huge bruce fan and the last few sculpts from EB have been pretty average [...] I've always said as far as likeness goes,this sculpt loses it from the mouth down.you can see bruce from above it,but not enough(for me)to snap this for my collection,even though the set itself is very good.i hope in the end you DO end up keeping this and I look forward to your thoughts further down the line.[...]

Okay, more thoughts a day later, having watched some GoD footage, looked at stills, and had the figure in morning light.

I work in design and I'm a sculptor myself, although it's been a while since I've done any figurative work -- if I get the time this summer I'll hop back on ZBrush and continue with some digital work I've been practicing. So I'm not a master portrait sculptor but I think I can bring an objective eye to this. Like being back in school for critique day.

1. We can all agree the sculpt is not all there, just maybe not to what degree it's lacking.

2. What helps the sculpt: the facial landmarks themselves are all there -- angle of eyebrows, general nasal shape, zygomatic arches, slight lines under the eyes, relatively protruding chin, slight asymmetry.

3. Like others have pointed out in early discussions, I think there's a slight elongation present that can put the lie to it at some angles, and that begins under the zygomatic arches, throwing off the frontal view of the jaw line.

4. The eyes have a very slight upturn at the outer corners that either shouldn't be there or is too pronounced. I think that upturn is what makes them seem too close-set at some viewing angles, although they probably aren't, they just need more horizontal. Whereas the PERS on DX04 rendered the eyes too wide, these are almost a touch (like, sub-millimeter) too narrow.

5. The portrait looks like an average of several screen captures and promotional shots, assembling all of the aforementioned landmarks, but it's too average, in that it misses out on giving us the iconic Bruce our eyes have been trained to see. If you go through footage frame by frame, you'll find the EB75th portrait. But it's a flicker of expression we don't necessarily recognize.

6. Bruce Lee was similar to actors like Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, displaying an extreme plasticity of expression which could render a different likeness from shot to shot, never mind film to film. We all recognize the iconic expressions but there was a huge range there.

7. He was also a combat athlete with the associated weight fluctuations, and his complexion changed from film to film along with how much sun he was getting. This last point can be a big one; I was an amateur fighter and still train, and I'm South Asian, which means my own likeness and hue changes according to weight and season, sometimes dramatically so. I also have certain angles in my face that can literally make me look like a different person in two different photographs. I imagine I would be a challenge to sculpt a homerun with.

Conclusion:

The features are there, the likeness is present, but this isn't the homerun we're after. I prefer it to DX04, which I owned for a long time, but it's a small step rather than a huge leap, and it has its flaws.

I can understand being happy with earlier EB releases if you already own them, but aftermarket costs are generally too high for me to pay for earlier paint apps that will look out of place with my collection. That's a decision everyone makes for themselves, although I'll forever remain on the lookout for an elusive deal, if only for the opportunity to check one out in-hand. This has always been an expensive hobby after all, we pay to play.

As other have mentioned, the portrait benefits from a higher viewing angle, which negates the slight elongation. Slight downward tilt and you see more.

I will be keeping this, being a fan of Bruce Lee and wanting one in my collection. It's a quality figure that's more than just an expensive placeholder; but if someone finally produces an articulated 1/6 figure with a better likeness, I'll upgrade, as is the way of 1/6.

So I burned my morning watching GoD and writing this; I'll take some pictures later this week. I really have to go do some adulting now.

Excellent post buddy very in depth. Enjoy messing around with brucey until you feel it's right.we all see something different in facial likeness,and had EB not given the unusual expression (which throws the sculpt off IMO).then this could have been up there with the best.

Back