Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly what I'm saying man.

Has some nice unique accessory options as well:
- various knives
- saw blade
- neck medallion
- bloody shirt
- torn up shirt

I don't get why it hasn't been done.

Don't forget his bag of chips, or whatever he has in the paper bag.

Don't forget his bag of chips, or whatever he has in the paper bag.

Ha ha! In my 3 year old mind I thought it was a packet of biscuits :p Id love to pose him with that cause thats the scene forever etched in my memory whenever I think 'Big Boss'

Also I dont know If Im the only one here, but I FAIL to understand how Game of Death became iconic!!! I mean the only good part of the movie was the less than 10 minute footage of Bruce Lee... the rest of the movie was AN INSULT to his personality. I still CANNOT watch the movie from the beginning to the end ever since I was scarred seeing it the first time!! The Starting Credits with that sissy scream aping what is Bruce Lee's War Cry is enough to make people understand what awaits them!! That scene with his picture stuck on a mirror is the BIGGEST INSULT to him EVER!! Here in India, Game of Death never even came as a VHS... and It wouldnt hurt for me to admit that it was JUST 4 years back that I got to know that GoD existed and it was a Bruce Lee film, imagine my disappointment... BL over here starts with BB and ends with EtD

Also I dont know If Im the only one here, but I FAIL to understand how Game of Death became iconic!!! I mean the only good part of the movie was the less than 10 minute footage of Bruce Lee... the rest of the movie was AN INSULT to his personality. I still CANNOT watch the movie from the beginning to the end ever since I was scarred seeing it the first time!! The Starting Credits with that sissy scream aping what is Bruce Lee's War Cry is enough to make people understand what awaits them!! That scene with his picture stuck on a mirror is the BIGGEST INSULT to him EVER!! Here in India, Game of Death never even came as a VHS... and It wouldnt hurt for me to admit that it was JUST 4 years back that I got to know that GoD existed and it was a Bruce Lee film, imagine my disappointment... BL over here starts with BB and ends with EtD

People mean the suit is iconic.

Everyone pretends the horrible 1978 GoD movie doesn't exist and never happened.

Not sure if you're unaware but in the late 90s they found the rest of his filmed Game of Death footage and put it back together - about 35 minutes total !!!.

That is what people think of now when talking about GoD and that is what Enterbay's new figure is based on - his unfinished masterpiece.

On youtube:

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvdSbMW_F8
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDCkt4zLiQ&feature=related
Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4r4XVDrms&feature=related
Part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JIia5M467g&feature=related

Oh Yeah, Ive seen this :) its in the end of one of his Documentaries the one by John Little. I have ALL his books, documentaries blah blah, now all I need is ALL HIS FIGURES :p Pretty tough that one

The original, unfinished footage and him fighting real life martial artists such as Inosanto and the fight with KAJ make it iconic. Of course, theres the suit as well.

But I think is more the potential it had to be a legendary movie if finished by him. But, we will never know.

Friends - I wasn't dissapointed at the 18" Way of the Dragon statue. It turned out pretty good inspight of all the criticism. I thought YJ did a good job at finishing it but of course would have preffered Arnie Kim to complete it. Really nice though.

Peace!

Hector Martinez

https://livelife.4t.com/photo2_1.html

I have seen reviews of it and it looks good. I guess that if it would have had a paintjob similar to Hot Toys quality, it would have looked better.

With EB's GoD coming out, and me merrily saying that I'll forego EB's for the inevitable HT version, the discussion immediately drifts back to what HT will offer in their Bruce Lee line.

For me if one Bruce has PERS then every Bruce should have PERS - but unless HT decide to start bringing in PERS for non-DX figures, that'd mean every Bruce would be a DX. Which isn't gonna happen.

So looks like we'll have one DX and three standard MMS figs of Bruce: ETD, WotD, GoD, FoF. Maybe TBB?

With EB's GoD coming out, and me merrily saying that I'll forego EB's for the inevitable HT version, the discussion immediately drifts back to what HT will offer in their Bruce Lee line.

For me if one Bruce has PERS then every Bruce should have PERS - but unless HT decide to start bringing in PERS for non-DX figures, that'd mean every Bruce would be a DX. Which isn't gonna happen.

So looks like we'll have one DX and three standard MMS figs of Bruce: ETD, WotD, GoD, FoF. Maybe TBB?

It is not a hard and fast rule. They can put PERS in every Bruce figure and not call it DX and then establish a price point somewhere in between the two.

And from what people have said, Hot Toys have the license for 1 year and intend to do 3 figures, so potentially not all you've listed will be done.

Does anyone else want some non movie Bruce Lee's? I don't care by who - either Enterbay or Hot Toys is fine with me to do them....

Longstreet TV epsiode - red tracksuit

Run Run Shaw period piece photoshoot - the only time Lee ever wore chinese period piece clothing with weapons!

'Superstar' Bruce Lee - dude was not the monk he is sometimes protrayed as. He was flashy and wanted to the Asian Elvis, He was voted 'worst dressed actor' in 1972 by the HK press. Some of the pics/vids are on google and yahoo. Lets see some of the garish stuff! :)

There have been a few attempts at this sort of stuff. I think it was Medicom that did a 'Bruce Lee fashion' line many years ago, but they are atrocious compared to the Hot Toys/Enterbay Lee efforts.

A HT GOD announcement soon will surely deter me from getting Enterbay's.

Does anyone else want some non movie Bruce Lee's? I don't care by who - either Enterbay or Hot Toys is fine with me to do them....

My first thought was 'No, couldn't be bothered', but I do recall that red tracksuit in particular and I reckon it'd be very cool. I'd buy outfits if they were available, but I doubt I'd buy a whole new figure.

My first thought was 'No, couldn't be bothered', but I do recall that red tracksuit in particular and I reckon it'd be very cool. I'd buy outfits if they were available, but I doubt I'd buy a whole new figure.

I bought a "custom made" red track outfit and made myself a Longstreet Bruce Lee, I gotta say, it looks awesome!

All Bruce Lee figures should have movable eyes. Enterbay set the bar, so Hot Toys has to keep up.

Ummm, no. HT is not trying to mimic Enterbay in any way. Heck, if anything, they are looking at Enterbay as a lil' annoying brother who is tryiing to keep up w/ big brother.

HT does not live or die based on Bruce Lee. They acquire many more licenses, release a wider array of characters and cater to a larger population.

So doing what they do, and continuing their natural progression with their own advancements and spins, will continue to be their m.o.

There's no reason for them to follow a 'bar' that enterbay set. To them, they are the ones setting the bar and will do what they please with the characters they pump out.

That's just fan talk...

Ummm, no. HT is not trying to mimic Enterbay in any way. Heck, if anything, they are looking at Enterbay as a lil' annoying brother who is tryiing to keep up w/ big brother.

HT does not live or die based on Bruce Lee. They acquire many more licenses, release a wider array of characters and cater to a larger population.

So doing what they do, and continuing their natural progression with their own advancements and spins, will continue to be their m.o.

There's no reason for them to follow a 'bar' that enterbay set. To them, they are the ones setting the bar and will do what they please with the characters they pump out.

That's just fan talk...

I'm not saying they are trying to mimic. I am saying that their Bruce Lee product will feel kind of lacking without the moveable eye feature. All Enterbay Bruce Lees have that standard, ALL of them. And we are talking about Bruce Lee figures here!!! Whatever other licenses they grab or have are irrelevant. If I would have said all of their figures, I would have understood your comment, since not all of Enterbay figures have movable eyes, just Bruce.

Also, remember that they ARE competing in the Bruce Lee market, whether some view like that or not.

So you tell me what is stopping Hot Toys from doing the same, putting movable eyes on their Bruce Lee figures. Just because they can get other licenses and do as they please with them? Because we are not talking about other licenses, just Bruce Lee figures. That would be the dumbest excuse for them to not do it.

Imagine, "we will not make any more DX Bruce Lee's just because we are getting more licenses and we do as we please with them."

But, if it is because they do not want to saturate the DX line with Bruce Lees, or want to keep costs down for Bruce Lees, then that is a good excuse.

Had to order this in the end. The price made me a bit reluctant at 1st but it just looks so amazing, I've never bought a 1/6 EB figure before so this'll be my 1st, so now for that long wait.

Had to order this in the end. The price made me a bit reluctant at 1st but it just looks so amazing, I've never bought a 1/6 EB figure before so this'll be my 1st, so now for that long wait.

This'd be risky for me. I love what HT have done with their Bruce Lee figures, and I'm saving up for these plus whatever HT has in store for their next Bruce figure/s. To lash out on an EB GoD that's only been shown as a seamless prototype is too tough an ask.

There'll still be time to pick up the GoD MSRP once the final product pics have been released, but I guess if you've preordered now then you know for sure you won't be missing out.

Back