Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Enterbay Bruce Lee Line Thread

and with the contract he may have signed with enterbay he may not have the rights to do any BL with hot toys...
Otherwise he would have changed this terrible face of the new hot toys one (i even prefer the medicom face of BL).
That's just a point of view.

I'm no contractual law expert, but it seems to me Kim's capacity to sculpt Lee would be more influenced by the Lee family than EB?

Whats your reasons to think that?

My understanding is that the Lee family control the use of Bruce's likeness, not EB. EB are granted that license from the Lees - ie Shannon and/or Linda - but EB as a company has no control over who else produces Bruce's likeness.

Perhaps they are able to hold Kim to not reproducing any of the work he has done with EB to date, but I can't see that they could dictate contractually that Kim never ever sculpt another Bruce likeness for another company.

But like I said, I'm no contractual lawyer, and I'm definitely no EB aficionado either.

I don't think Arnie would do that. Why would he agree to not sculpt Bruce Lees , the sculpts he is more famous for? If he did, it should have been a very-extremely-ridiculously expensive deal. Besides, anyone can attempt a Bruce Lee sculpt as long aslong as they don't profit from it, but if you have the license, you can hire anyone to make it for you. That's how I think this thing works.

Nobody knows what he has signed.
What is sure is that he won't have the rights to use an old EB head for a new hot toys BL. He could do other. But some of what he did before really are the perfect bruce lee face...

I'll keep hoping there will be more 1/6 BL from EB with old material and who knows some Jackie Chan or an other Jet LI....

Here is my recent collection:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50684981@N02/sets/72157624046561131/
4762223352_9fd0aa4390_b.jpg

And I am wondering if anyone have the Arnie Kim handmade Bruce Lee figures? I want to get one ... I saw one in eBay recently but I missed that. Anyone want to sell (if you have one)? Thanks.

4653763311_0a956d637c_b.jpg

4784903054_88f5999dea_b.jpg

4761587899_3e3acb1f48_b.jpg

4762225520_21259ff189_b.jpg

4784906810_1ceb7afa9f_b.jpg

More to come.

Last edited:

Some new photos of my collection.
5036544171_c5c6a4cb3a_b.jpg

5037165784_a572a8d31f_b.jpg

5037168600_03fde99433_b.jpg

5036550433_0fb30ce868_b.jpg

5037165128_eb29d780ac_b.jpg

4784274937_1594464295_b.jpg

That is one amazing Bruce Lee collection,really nice man :)

So I guess Enterbay cannot even keep the announcements as they promise. Now I'm confused, the BD GoD, is it supposed to be announced in November or released in November?

So I guess Enterbay cannot even keep the announcements as they promise. Now I'm confused, the BD GoD, is it supposed to be announced in November or released in November?

Not likely they will launch on time (if their plan not dropped) ... my experience is that they usually announce some target dates but mostly the actual launch date is much later.

Something I got from Enterbay few months ago:

Here are some info of our up coming "Bruce Lee 70th Anniversary" line up.

HD Masterpiece:
"HD-1001" will be available in end of March
"HD-1002" will be available in Late July (to be announce)
"HD-1003" will be available in Late November

REAL MASTERPIECE:
GAME OF DEATH version will be available in Late July
ENTER THE DRAGON version will be available in Late November

My guess is that the korean sculptors of the bruce lee dx 04 project (yulli, jchong and kojun, who are long time friends with arnie)at HT felt bad when arnie put up on his blog, titled 'bruce lee wars'.

Maybe they talk to their howard in approaching arnie to join HT, and that they have the license to produce bruce now, while EB's license is gonna expire soon. What's the guy gonna do, he's spent all of his time sculpting mainly bruce lee, I can't really blame the guy for moving to HT who now owns the license. Come on, why would HT need arnie, if not for his bruce sculpts. Supes is just a poor excuse. We've seen arnie's other work like mr bean etc. They are nice, but not mind blowing like his bruce sculpt.

EB is rapidly going down hill, let's be honest now. My bruce HD1002 came with a smudge on the right eye, and the left hand came off. I emailed them, but they took like forever to reply. Unlike before, they reply email almost on a daily basis.

I saw another statue at my supplier the other day, the hair was stuck at the wrong angle, making the back part of the hair to cause a gap of like 1cm apart from the neck.

While I don't agree with the above evaluation of Arnie's talents -- I think his other sculpts are indeed mind-blowing -- I do agree that Enterbay seems to be stumbling. The closure of the factory they used has been reported in relation to the Bulma/Dragonball figure, but it obviously hinders their entire pipeline. Their blog has had few updates since Arnie's announcement, and they seem to be pulling back from being international, concentrating on licenses that haven't crossed the ocean.

As for Hot Toys possible need for Arnie or lack thereof, I've considered Hot Toys a kind of Steinbrunner-inspired organization for some time. Forget developing your farm team. Sign all the top talent you can, and leave your competitors gasping for air. They wanted Arnie because he's Arnie, just as they wanted Gorae because he's Gorae, or Kojun because he's Kojun. Hot Toys is a monolith. They'll go after YJ Park next. You notice that Sideshow has made its own accommodation to Hot Toys, and a smart move it was.

It's Hot Toys' world. We're just collecting in it.

I would be happy if we got a Big Boss figure,anything else now is unlikely,the ETD 1/4 Statue is good enough for me.

I just asked since there were rumors of the actual BD Bruce to be released in November, but they have not announced it. From what I have seen, first they announce the figure and then 5-8 months later, they release it. Enterbay takes even longer.

So that is why I'm confused, it would be the first time a figure is announced and then the next month, it is released. We are now in October, so there was no September announcement. I really doubt it is going to be released this year now.

Back