Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one has a better likeness than Ht imo.HT is not bad but the smirk was poorly done while this EB one got it alot better.

This one has a better likeness than Ht imo.HT is not bad but the smirk was poorly done while this EB one got it alot better.

I guess the smirk is kind of like Depp's smirk but the top half of the face looks nothing like him. So FAIL, basically.

When half his face looks like someone else... well... I would consider that poorly done also.

69464edejw1dndp2e455ij.jpg

Hmm, looks like they recycled the old fuzzy Medicom coat and those hard plastic boots. Medicom's 'classic' stylings mixed with EB's updated head and paint is not a good match.

Hard plastic boots are one of my biggest pet peeves in 1/6 these days. That was one the changes I loved the most about the DX, I switched my old MMS wtih Newline pirate boots, and it made such a difference. Didn't affect the height much, but I love that movement in the ankle.

The colors are ____ed up in that pic, lets wait and see some better pics. There is really no way they can top the HT outfit, but it's cool to see an alternate version of the same character. But at least the head and hands are in scale!

The only thing I can see recycled are the boots, maybe the white shirt. Whule not weathered, the coat is new, now has the light lining it should.

Just awful, the boots are from a kids toy, the HS is off and doesn't even capture the personality never mind the appearance, the hair looks like Chewbacca in a bandana, the waistcoat is way too bright and looks like something a gay man would wear to his best friend's wedding. Even the plastic tray signals its inferiority to the HT. Why did they bother? All we need now is to hear its not Depp's voice on the voicebox and this will be the most craptastic release ever. So the hands are the right size. So what? No one's ever going to look at it in the Detolf and say, hey, check out the scale on the hands! Cooooool!

EDIT: the 'gay man' comment is not meant to be homophobic! It's just a very bright and clean waistcoat for a pirate.

EDIT AGAIN - in the picture of the figure in its tray the head looks too big.

The only thing I can see recycled are the boots, maybe the white shirt. Whule not weathered, the coat is new, now has the light lining it should.

White shirt is definitely not recycled. The old medi shirt was an off white snd didn't have the tassels nor does it look to be made of the same material. You're correct about the jacket though. It's definitely new and looks nicer than the original medi jacket IMO.

But from what I can tell of what's been recycled are

Boots (soft plastic, not hard plastic)
Hat
Sword
Original flintlock (which is sadly inaccurate)
Compass (also terribly inaccurate)
And possibly the black wrist wrap

I'm liking the look of this figure though. Both the chalices and the ship in a bottle look better as well. But i will have to live vicariously through Rory's pics of his since I don't have the cash to get this one too

Last edited:
Still a superior headsculpt to Hot Toys' version...I agree though that the rest looks a little 'toyish'...Nice piece though and I'll be picking one up!

Back