Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, haven't opened either!!
4154f023.jpg

:lol, Can't believe you've had the DX also and havent opened it.

Regardless...Grats man. :hi5:

So I've always enjoyed going to the wax museum. Its actually one of the reason I collect the figures, its like having miniature wax museum in my home.
Inspired by the Madam Tussaud's Jack Sparrow, I went ahead and added hair on mine to make it similar. So I cut strips of lamb hair and inserted it in between the rubber hair of the headsculpt. I think it turned out great. Looks really good in hand. Its not permanent so it can be easily be removed.

Jack-Sparrow-Madame-Tussauds.jpg

That's one badass wax figure! I honestly thought that was a promo pic I hadn't seen for a second. Until I noticed the belts weren't right :lol

Still, it can't get any more Depp than that. If I was a rich man, I'd want to buy that

Damn Remy :clap :rock

Not gonna lie, this dropped off my radar for a second with all the Avengers and now Joker 2.0 jazz going around but you just put this back on it dude.

That hair is brilliant! Are there any local stores in the D where I might find this or is eBay the only route? Would be good to get some dark dark brown for my COTBP figure

Thanks G. :duff
I'm very very happy how this combo and mod has turned out, gotta say it has exceeded my expectations.
Really brings out humanlike qualities on the figure.
eBay is your best route for the hair mod. I wouldnt know where to find them in big D.
Just search for mohair doll hair. I believe they are either lamb or goat hair.

Yea, that madam Tussaud sparrow is sick. Madam Tussaud is known for the most excellent reproduction of artists on wax. Theyre the ones that usually unveil their latest wax figure by having the celebrity pose next to the wax counterpart and you try to figure out which one is real.

Last edited:
This figure just seems to keep getting cheaper on the aftermarket which is quite interesting as usual Ultimate Unison figures, aside from the Star Wars ones I guess, seem to do quite well in Asia.

Still pretty expensive last time I checked eBay.
The cheapest one for sale is $265.

I see it go for something like $130 on Japanese sites. Very cheap. Ebay is never a good place to judge prices especially for Medicom and Enterbay stuff. Medicom stuff tends to always go for very cheap on the aftermarket in Japan, but Ebay sellers always try to go for crazy prices.

I see. It's just that other than ordering from an international seller on ebay, most people are reluctant ordering from foreign territory for fear of language barrier, miscommunication, store's reliability history, etc.

I've browsed a couple of Japanese sites before and I'm usually confused and some not English friendly.

I picked up a Jack body from a member here (thank you!) ...But for the life of me, I can't get the batteries in it with that damn spring!! :panic:

Any suggestions??

Well finally just took the plunge and got this guy. BBTS had this on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for $199 and I had $33 in store credit so it just seemed like the best time to buy it. Will finally be able to get most of my COTBP Jack finally done and have that awesome talking feature

Congrats Buddy. :duff
Trust me, its absolutely worth it.
with the Hot Toys combo, this has become my top 3 all time favorite figure.

thanks brother!

looking forward to hacking away at it and my current COTBP Jack to get one hopefully Ultimate COTBP Jack Sparrow Sparrow. The real challenge I only see is getting the chest baldric made into "leather" instead of the plastic that the Medi version is made out of.

Ok so I got this in today and am pleasantly surprised to be honest.

Sculpt/paint are much better than HT overall. Hair is better on HT but as for looking like Depp, this sculpt is it. only Depp sculpt that rivals it would be HT Sweeney Todd. The fabric cloth bandana is a very nice touch that I wish HT did. The "skin" on the chest is also a nice touch, something HT should've done as well instead of just leaving it as hard plastic

Clothing is mostly better on HT BUT I'd take the shirt and jacket over HT. I know most ppl don't like this jacket, but I know the screen jacket down to the material and the UU one is more accurate in the material used, color (though color isn't 100%), lining and the way it hangs on the body. It's not as rigid as the HT one. only thing it lacks are the "real" butons which i will take from my spare HT and put on this

Accessories HT wins flat out. only accessory that's better are the chalices and possibly the hat.

Clothing is mostly better on HT BUT I'd take the shirt and jacket over HT. I know most ppl don't like this jacket, but I know the screen jacket down to the material and the UU one is more accurate in the material used, color (though color isn't 100%), lining and the way it hangs on the body. It's not as rigid as the HT one. only thing it lacks are the "real" butons which i will take from my spare HT and put on this
Agree: the shirt is fantastic!!! I think the Sash is superb as well.

OK been working on this for awhile. I HATE the Enterbay dreadlocks but lOVE the sculpt. So, decided to take the HT dreadlocks and attach them to the Enterbay sculpt. Could not be happier with the outcome! Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_0715_zps7584ed3c.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsf66aa273.jpg

IMG_0717_zps9bd54203.jpg

IMG_0718_zps377e3bba.jpg

Is this the active thread for this figure?

I'm not a hardcore PotC fan, but there was a deal for this figure from a seller on Amazon for around $118US (& around $140 shipped). I've been going back & forth on whether to buy it or not for like a couple of days. I thought I decided I wouldn't, but when I went back to Amazon today, it was still there :slap

I guess I simply had to cure my curiosity, so I wound up purchasing it :lol

To be stuck for that price on Amazon, I'm guessing this figure is not really the most popular. It looks alright to me. But the HT DX overall really is one of HT's best. But head sculpt vs head sculpt? Forgetting the different sizing, & going purely on likeness? I really couldn't decide. I like them both.

I think I'm okay with the overall inferior Jack figure to represent the character on my shelf. Or sell it if I'm not into it :D

Hmmm...

There are definitely some things that look good about this figure (I'm particularly eyeing the hands, sash, and possibly the coat & bandana), but I already have the HT DX version. :/

Am wondering if there's any way to get just the parts I mentioned, instead of having to pay at least $140 for an entire figure.

I got a couple of parcels today, & this was one of them. Wow. This figure isn't bad, not bad at all. I already knew I liked the sculpt, but that's not all I'm liking. It's a really nice figure overall. I've yet to try the "talking" feature though :lol

General consensus is the HT version is waaaaaaaay better? If I'm impressed by this, how good is that figure? Crazy.

I really love the Head Sculpt of this figure. :clap
Here's a litte shot I made with a flash and it still looks great imho !

bU6Mz1d.jpg

Last edited:
Back