Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think SS has started shipping them yet. I'm not getting it right away but when it goes on clearence at BBTS I will. I actually do like the talking feature and plan on making this one into a COTBP version or Thayer enhancing my current COTBP figure with this ones sculpt, body and hands.

Here are some crappy pics of mine with mostly HT clothes and gear:

DSCN6887.jpg

DSCN6889.jpg

DSCN6892.jpg

DSCN6895.jpg

If you can get it cheap it's worth for the head and hands. The rest of the figure is horrible and as an overall package not worth the asking price. The plastic part of the neck crumbled in my hands when I tried to pull the head off and the posability is limited by the voice feature.

Looks brilliant. I'm desperate to get one but the prices for the UK are MENTAL. Play.com have it for £349.99! Where did you get yours? No one has parted one out on ebay yet either.

Ah that was you! I've been keeping my eye on that ebay page to see if he reduces the price. I saw someone had bought one almost as soon as he put them up for sale. I don't wanna pay £250 because I only really want the head, hat and sash.

Thanks for the pics M_J!

Looks great in the HT attire. I do like the hands on this guy also and the rubber neck. Heck, I even like the talking feature.

But just like JB, I'm waiting for it to go on sale. I'd buy it at $200 but no more.

I'm with you JB!

Not even Google finds anything new on this figure :( I thought that even with it being the unpopular choice, a good handlful of folks would pick it up and buy it

I've been wanting to buy this for a while and one came up really cheap on ebay - and as it's my birthday I had some money to put towards it.

Pros:
the headsculpt - I really like it. Paints very good, good expression. The hair is extremely soft and easy to work with. The bandana is cloth and looks great from the back - very natural.

The hat is fantastic. Shaped like the first 3 films it looks great - way too big for the HT fig though.

The sash is very very good. Hangs well and looks very worn and weathered.

The hands are superb - easy to swap, very realistic and are in very Jack like poses.

The shirt is brilliant - massive neckline just like the film which leads to the body - it is some sort of fake skin on top of the plastic body underneath. You can press it and it's like pressing a HT Batman figure for those of you who have one.

Cons:
The waistcoat is unforgivable.

The belts are disgusting as is the dead fur thing that is on one of them.

Boots are awful.

Guns are very toylike.

Stand is poor.

The coat is not as good as the RAH Jack - however, with work, I feel it could look good.

Anyway - I used some old RAH COTBP bits so here are some pics! Enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
This might have been answered already but, are the hands the same size as the DX?

I think both sculpts have positive features. If I compared them I'd say the HT head seems too small but the forehead of the Medi seems a little big. I think the skin colour on the Medi is more life-like. I think I prefer the HT hair and the moveable eyes. The facial hair on the Medi is more realistic and the face shape is closer to Depp's than the HT. The darker hair on the Medi allows it to be used for COTB style Jack whereas the hair on the Stranger Tides HT Jack is very film specific.

Last edited:
I already have the HT Jack from the day he was available in HK, and today i took the plunge and got this EB Sparrow, for 260$ shipping included! Can't wait to get it, i really really like this headsculpt, i wanna make myself a "best of" Sparrow, with bits and pieces from both :D

Question: does the EB body accepts HT's boots?

Back