Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, until someone makes a news sculpt for him (*cough*snyderman*cough*), I'm done upgrading this guy

Hot Toys Superman Returns 2-in-1 sculpt and fists repainted

Repainted Loading Toys textured neck

Body upgraded to HT FA Captain America

Extended ankle pegs added

SAM_3188_zps34d2bc9e.jpg

SAM_3191_zps14be148f.jpg

5f7b787c-fec4-4d27-9f88-47eda3fbbd60_zpsedacfe95.jpg

thanks man I appreciate it. Can't wait for Snyderman's sculpt of both him and Lex later when the superman craze picks up :panic:

Last edited:
thanks man I appreciate it. Can't wait for Snyderman's sculpt of both him and Lex later when the superman craze picks up :panic:

i would be all over that! i was even thinking of contacting "headplay" and seeing they would make one.... We really need an updated Routh head.

Nice job with your custom Gipetto! :hi5:

I've always thought that head sculpt looked more like Orlando Bloom than Routh though.. :lol
:lol thanks man. Yea it's spot on in profile but almost any other angle it's really tough to spot Routh in there. Surprisingly, the HT Clark Kent figure came with the and extra superman sculpt I think it s the best Routh likeness just really bad factory paint. Here's a repaint of that head by Darren Carnall
521524_10152119227164119_16184066_n.jpg

i would be all over that! i was even thinking of contacting "headplay" and seeing they would make one.... We really need an updated Routh head.

We really do! We just need to be a little more patient. Like I said, Tom said that they're sculpting both Routh and Spacey Lex (and possibly some accessories) when it gets closer to the launch of MoS

Last edited:
Yeah man - the one on the right in the guy's hand is Routh through & through!

It's like whoever paints these things is thinking about someone else while they're doing it.

"Hmm.. off to see POTC 3 tonight.. can't wait.."

:lol

Cool! That's a good looking repaint. :rock I didn't even know Darren was still doing repaints.

But what about that cheek. Is there a pinkish hue?

oh hes got the hue :wave thanks coco the monkey :monkey1 i always thought of all the routh heads this one had the most in it under the horrid paint. i have another one of these repainted by les walker. never have too many supermans

Yeah, i'd kill for a cheap and easily available GOOD likeness of Routh.
I reckon a $30, well painted sculpt is too much to hope for...
Indeed too much to hope for :lol I won't spill pricing here as snyderman prefers for that talk to be through PM :wink1:
hey that's my repaint! :) i should have it from darren any day now :yess:

Lucky bastard! :lol congrats man! :hi5: Darren is one hell of a cool guy and a fantastic painter/sculptor/customizer.

Back