Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
You deserve it Josh, great work my man!

No-one has really done a good pic of Supes in his iconic pose maybe holding up a sixth scale car or truck or whatever (obviously the larger/heavier item will be secured before subjecting Supes to this perilous endeavor)

That will be a challenging shot but rewarding one if pulled off... any takers?

Yeah, that would be a LOT of fun.... Maybe I can search through my collection room and see if I can find something to do that will show the man in action. Sadly, I do not own any vehicles.... :monkey2

I'd love to replicate the Action Comics cover shot, maybe with a shocked Jason in the foreground! :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, that would be a LOT of fun.... Maybe I can search through my collection room and see if I can find something to do that will show the man in action. Sadly, I do not own any vehicles.... :monkey2

I'd love to replicate the Action Comics cover shot, maybe with a shocked Jason in the foreground! :lol

Maybe go out to your yard and find a large rock or boulder and pose him holding it upside down/handstand position or sideways on his back, then rotate the image? lol

There are any number of things you can use really...

Can't wait for this one!

Ok, well I live in the middle of a bunch of rednecks so I cannot go outside with an action figure to pose some pics... somehow I do not think they would understand... :lol

But I DID take some decent shots indoors with what props I could find. It was fun, but in the end I only came up with a few useable shots... Enjoy!

132656350O420282551.jpg

132656464O168716057.jpg

Just got my Supes in today, and I must say that he surpassed all of expectations!!! The only caveat to the figure is that the headsculpt doesn't quite capture Routh as Superman as well as I would have liked. Also, the paint apps my head aren't super detailed and a bit generic looking. Not bad but not perfect either. The suit, boots, and cape are outstanding!!! I love this Hot Toys body!!! It articulates so well. So well in fact, that it got me thinking that SideShow should think about retooling their body. All of my joints were super tight and the plastic they used is good and sturdy. It feels like it could last forever!!! My biggest surprise was the cape. What a cape it is!!!! It is manufactured of two different materials sewn together perfectly. I love it. It really made me realize just how poorly the Takara Batman cape is made. If I didn't have it to compare it to, I would have just overlooked the Batman cape and said it was fine. Now it really bothers me that the Batman cape is so cheap feeling. This IS the Supes to get and I encourage anyone who is on the fence about this one to go ahead and jump off. I don't see how you could be disappointed. I really really love this figure. I give it a solid 9.0, with my sole caveat being the paint application and sculpting of the head. I personally like this figure every bit as much as Batman and Batman is my favorite character of the two.

Cheers,

Brad

DarkArtist81 said:
Ok, well I live in the middle of a bunch of rednecks so I cannot go outside with an action figure to pose some pics... somehow I do not think they would understand... :lol

But I DID take some decent shots indoors with what props I could find. It was fun, but in the end I only came up with a few useable shots... Enjoy!

132656464O168716057.jpg

Yiikes, rednecks in the hood! :lol

Love this shot Josh, shows what you can do! Thanks again.

And thanks db, great summation. I may have my Supes head repainted but other than that he IS Superman. What I love the most about him is his one-off HT engineered body and the superb outfit, it rocks!

Last edited:
I got lucky with that shot... just took it and copied some carpet to cover the stand I was using for the grating. Attempting this today reminded me why I wish I had Photoshop. I hate trying to do decent stuff in paint. :monkey2

Thanks for the great comments, glad you guys liked it! :D

Josh, your shots just keep on bro!

And by the way, I feel your pain about the rednecks buddy!
I'm only about an hour and a half north of you and we got some serious rednecks here!
At least there in Gainesville you got some University of Florida college kids that would understand! :D

Stick it out and keep on posting cool pics dude! And tell your redneck neighbors to stick it! :maul That or invite 'em over for a beer and just don't explain. If they're busy quaffing brews, they won't pay any attention anyway. :rotfl

:lol

True! Les, I'm sure you understand better than anyone... Hey, we are freaks anywhere... But here I am REALLY a Freak!! :horror

And true... Beer fixes everything with those guys... They see my collection and they gasp, but it all calms down when they see a cold brew in my hand...

"Oh...ok...he drinks... he must still be a human. I can calm down now... I guess. ..":rotfl

If I can get photoshop you can bet I will revisit this thread and post some INSANE pics... bet on it! :chew

DarkArtist81 said:

132656350O420282551.jpg

132656464O168716057.jpg

More great pix Josh!!! I am quite proud of you new found picture taking skills:lol ..Sorry to here about the crazy rednecks, I work with one from Arkansas..You should here the stuff that comes out of this guys mouth, its freakin' amazing:rotfl :rotfl ....

Hey guys got a few questions on this guy. I just got the Medicom version and I have to say, that initially I loved this guy but after having him for a couple of days he has his faults. But I want to see how he can stack against the HT version before judgement is passed. Okay, can he cross his arms good? How good is the cape? Does it flow well? See, while the Medicom uses faux leather to look like the movies, it is to stiff for me. It doesn't flow just right. LMK what you guys think of HT Superman and help me decide my continual question of which Superman to get.

yeah they're both fine amazing figures... just up to preference... The cape has a wire in it, so you can make it flow different make it be neutral or a cool matrix pose..

My take in a nutshell: Medicom has the better head and cape, Hot Toys has the better suit (especially the shield) and body. I bought both to cover all bases!

Darth Scourge said:
My take in a nutshell: Medicom has the better head and cape, Hot Toys has the better suit (especially the shield) and body. I bought both to cover all bases!
rofl! lucky you! would be awsome to have both those amazing figures.

Batman5 said:
Hey guys got a few questions on this guy. I just got the Medicom version and I have to say, that initially I loved this guy but after having him for a couple of days he has his faults. But I want to see how he can stack against the HT version before judgement is passed. Okay, can he cross his arms good? How good is the cape? Does it flow well? See, while the Medicom uses faux leather to look like the movies, it is to stiff for me. It doesn't flow just right. LMK what you guys think of HT Superman and help me decide my continual question of which Superman to get.

Since you posed this concern in the Official Image Thread I'll try to respond photographicly.

Let me ask a question I've been wondering: how tall is the Medicom Superman?

Last edited:
EVILFACE said:
Medicoms scouling headsculpt, kid sized fists and turtle neck are huge turnoffs.

HT all the way.

Okayyyyy Mister I Hate Medicom.

Scarlet said:
Okayyyyy Mister I Hate Medicom.
Okayyyyyyyyyy where was I wrong?

Are Medicoms Supermans fists small? Yes.
Does Medicoms Supermans have a turtle neck? Yes.
Does Medicoms Superman have a scoul on his face which is not Supermans character? Yes.

Medicom Superman does have a more screen acurate cape.

I don't hate Medicom, they have nice figures. I like to dis on blind Medicom Nutswingers.

I just think HT Superman is better than Medicom Superman. And before you pull out the "have you held one" card, yes I have. I have a buddy that has the Red/blue and Black Spidey (which are nice execpt for the awful boots), Rocketteer (which is a solid figure).

Back