Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars 'Teaser' 5/15

Funny, everyone counts Vader, Troopers, Tusken Raiders, Lando, etc...

But no one ever mentions an SS Boba Fett. He's even easier than Vader as far as armor goes.

For the value I would say the medicom is good enough. Plus Boba was short anyway so it works with the SS figs.

I think it's because folks are burned out on Fett (with Darth Maul soon to join that list).

If we get Vader and troopers and the Emperor...bet the chanting begins for old Boba again.

Either that or Boba Fett IS one of the surprises at SDCC.

Call me stupid but I would actually prefer Jango over Boba. :horror

Maybe, but still... it's odd that Boba gets overlooked on these lists.

I think for some, including myself, Boba Fett is a bit of a ? mark after the PF. I love the Medicom Fett because it perfectly captures all the shapes and things that make up the Boba Fett image I have burnt into my memory, where the PF doesn't live up to that, and I'm sure others feel the same. I know some are weary of Vader with the issues in the Vader PF. It's easier to desire and be vocal about unknowns where you have no idea what to expect than it is when you don't have great expectations right out of the gate. If Vader weren't the most essential character in the whole line, I'm sure the issues with the PF would calm the voices, but Vader IS Star Wars so until he's there, it'll always be a puzzle with a missing piece, no matter how good the rest of the picture looks, you'll know something isn't there.

I think I am ok with my electronic Fett... it may not be perfect but it will save me at least $90 so it will be good enough.

Sideshow STAR WARS necessities:

Darth Vader
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
The Emperor
Stormtroopers
Moff Tarkin
Yoda

Runners up:

Lando
Tusken Raider
Jawa
anyone from Hoth

Darth Vader
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
The Emperor
Stormtroopers
Moff Tarkin
Yoda

I'm not as fanatical as some, but I do feel Lando and Boba Fett belong on that list, and Scout Troopers and Tie Pilots, then I'd say you've got the OT necessities. There are certainly a few I could list for PT.

Darth Vader
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
The Emperor
Stormtroopers
Moff Tarkin
Yoda

Runners up:

Lando
Tusken Raider
Jawa
anyone from Hoth

I'd put Tusken Raiders and Jawas on the "necessities" list myself.

I am NOT buying a Lando. :tap

You guys knock yourselves out with that one.

I'm not as fanatical as some, but I do feel Lando and Boba Fett belong on that list, and Scout Troopers and Tie Pilots, then I'd say you've got the OT necessities. There are certainly a few I could list for PT.

I guess I asked myself if I'd rather have Lando or droids, Chewie, etc...and came to the conclusion I'd rather have anyone from the necessary list BEFORE I'd want the runner's up. But hey, they're all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back