Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars 'Teaser' 5/15

How come you wouldn't get Lando?

Because I've never much liked the character, nor considered him an essential part of the "core" group.

Also, Billy Dee Williams is a supreme ^^^^^^^, which cemented my distaste for that overrated character (who was completely contrived in ROTJ).

I guess I asked myself if I'd rather have Lando or droids, Chewie, etc...and came to the conclusion I'd rather have anyone from the necessary list BEFORE I'd want the runner's up. But hey, they're all there.

That's the reason why I love Star Wars and collecting it, there is such a rich diversity of characters and aliens. I think if any die hard were to be asked to make a top 15 wanted figure list, they'd struggle to figure out who makes it and who gets cut.

That's the reason why I love Star Wars and collecting it, there is such a rich diversity of characters and aliens. I think if any die hard were to be asked to make a top 15 wanted figure list, they'd struggle to figure out who makes it and who gets cut.

For me, I'd put Greedo on the list too, but he's not really essential. I just like him...before they screwed up his scene.

Actually, I'd like to take it back (slightly)... I might be interested in a Skiff Guard Lando figure (to go with the rest of the Jabba set-up). But EMPIRE pimp Lando or ROTJ General? No thanks.

For me, I'd put Greedo on the list too, but he's not really essential. I just like him...before they screwed up his scene.

I hear ya, my personal taste list would differ from what I'd consider to be characters that really represent the trilogy.

Actually, I'd like to take it back (slightly)... I might be interested in a Skiff Guard Lando figure (to go with the rest of the Jabba set-up). But EMPIRE pimp Lando or ROTJ General? No thanks.

I'd like to see that figure more than any other Lando myself as it really adds to a big part of my collection already, and you'd never even have to know it's Billy Dee under there, just a cool costume on some dude.

Greedo would be great. Quite an iconic and nostalgic character, imho.

That's a big reason why Tusken Raiders and Jawas are so important to me. They just scream "STAR WARS!" and immediately take me right back to 1977. The feeling of nostalgia is so strong that not even the use of the characters in TPM and AOTC ruined it.

Truly, as far as OT "core characters", for heroes we only need CHEWIE, R2 and 3PO. For villains, we need VADER, TROOPERS, the EMPEROR, TARKIN and FETT.

In fact, if you think about it, we only have one core villain from the OT -- Jabba. OT villainy is sorely lacking. SDCC is a new hope. Again.

As far as OT Imperial Troopers...

The Essentials:
ANH Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper

Runner-Up:
Royal Guard
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver

Meh:
Death Star Gunner

What about Sandtrooper? Tell us oh-so-wise IrishJedi...

I have no doubt (well, maybe a little) that a clean Death Star-style STORMTROOPER from ANH will be the first fully armored figure.

I'll be ticked if it's a PT Trooper.

I have no doubt (well, maybe a little) that a clean Death Star-style STORMTROOPER from ANH will be the first fully armored figure.
That would be so awesome. The ANH Stormie is by far my favorite.

I do think we'll see a Clone first, though. :cool:

Based on the poll Sideshow did and the fact that we have already seen the Clone armor, I am also guessing PT Clone Trooper.

I believe the 501st won, did they not?

As far as OT Imperial Troopers...

The Essentials:
ANH Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper

Runner-Up:
Royal Guard
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver

Meh:
Death Star Gunner

Listen to IrishJedi, you will.

I'll even go as far as to say that I would put the Sandtrooper as the number one "trooper" on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back