Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

few of the customs w/ HT Barney Ross -sculpt look close, but a proper RAMBO4 would indeed be nice.

. . .

But the one thing I really sorta miss -with all these sculpts- is some expression...

Just something to give more character. Of-course expressions are tricky and can look way off... but still.

These are all shrunken knock offs of the Enterbay 1/4 Rambo 3, you're not going to get expressions cuz that would require sculptors with skill.

Rambo has a black headband at the beginning of Rambo II and loses it when he's captured.
View attachment 292070View attachment 292071

The figure is called Jungle Wolf...Rambo 2 is set in the Vietnamese/Laos jungle and Rambo's codename is Lone Wolf. Rambo 3 is set in Afghanistan, no jungles there and he doesn't get called Lone Wolf.

His hair is shorter in R2, and he wears the black headband to the right side of his face, unlike the figure which is based on R3. The boots and knife are also from RB3, same goes with the way he wears the Buda necklace :)

Stepped outside for a second...
Couldn't really get more than a couple of decent shots, as the lighting was either bright-as-**** or cloudy-as-****.

Really looks excellent.

Meant the two sets that are coming.

(images googled)

Hy Toys forest lone wolf
7_759fa3e4-a3ff-4e0a-bc98-4b94700b7705_grande.jpg

Mr. Toys jungle battle master
13923407_1572749706362912_1245344606201418495_o_hzdn.jpg

but judging by the announcement photos, I'd say Supreme has the best sculpt of these three.

Winstartoy-font-b-1-b-font-6-First-Blood-font-b-Rambo-b-font-Head-Sculpt.jpg

Of-course I'm judging the 'Supreme'-sculpt in-hand, but IMO the paint-apps are surprisingly good for the price...
As for the other two (judging by the photos)...
- 'Hy Toys'-sculpt looks (paint wise) some-what "flat" to me?
- 'Mr. Toys' (might have better paint, but) the likeness feels really weird?

'Supreme' may not be the closest Stallone likeness either, but out of these options, to me it looks the best.

Good lord that Mr. Toys is hideous. I'm definitely getting the Lone Wolf version.

Meant the two sets that are coming.

(images googled)

Hy Toys forest lone wolf
7_759fa3e4-a3ff-4e0a-bc98-4b94700b7705_grande.jpg

Mr. Toys jungle battle master
13923407_1572749706362912_1245344606201418495_o_hzdn.jpg

but judging by the announcement photos, I'd say Supreme has the best sculpt of these three.

Winstartoy-font-b-1-b-font-6-First-Blood-font-b-Rambo-b-font-Head-Sculpt.jpg

Of-course I'm judging the 'Supreme'-sculpt in-hand, but IMO the paint-apps are surprisingly good for the price...
As for the other two (judging by the photos)...
- 'Hy Toys'-sculpt looks (paint wise) some-what "flat" to me?
- 'Mr. Toys' (might have better paint, but) the likeness feels really weird?

'Supreme' may not be the closest Stallone likeness either, but out of these options, to me it looks the best.

Oh cool I thought you meant supreme were bringing out versions from the other films.

There's a really nice head sculpt out there from Rocco Tartamella. I used it to make a custom version of John J. from First Blood.

rambo1_small.jpg

But the one thing I really sorta miss -with all these sculpts- is some expression...
Just something to give more character. Of-course expressions are tricky and can look way off... but still.
These are all shrunken knock offs of the Enterbay 1/4 Rambo 3, you're not going to get expressions cuz that would require sculptors with skill.
I know.

. . .

This is just something I've been saying for years, on a more universal level, regarding this hobby.
I own a sufficient amount of "museum sculpts" already. All I'm saying is that personally I'm just sorta bored with it, and would like to mix it up a little now and then, and sorta see it evolve.

To me (and I think for most) the Margot/Quinn sculpt is a very welcome change.

However expressions are sufficiently tricky and awkward in real life already.
I couldn't imagine something like this:

rambo-first-blood-II.jpg

working on a sculpt, but would want to be proven wrong.

To make expressions work in a motionless sculpt is a horrible challenge and I'd imagine that even with 3D-scanning it can go horribly wrong when transfered to a lifeless mass of plastic.

I'm pretty sure something like this:

rambo-1.jpg

for example (no matter how masterfully done) would be welcomed as a "moping" sculpt and disliked.
Collectors are already customed to the "museum sculpts" and I'm sure there'll be a shudder (almost) anytime that changes...

Last edited:

Sideshow and NECA did the Stallone snarl and I think quite successfully.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If HT (assuming they even have the license) makes a new Rambo, and he only comes with ONE sculpt, then I prefer the "museum" neutral sculpt because that's how he looks most of the time. That M60 snarl from R2 is cool, but those are such quick moments...iconic sure, to the point that's the image people think of when they hear the name Rambo, but for me a neutral sculpt is a better look for the character because he's a quiet peaceful guy ( not counting the PTSD :lol) most of the time. Now if they include two sculpts, then of course I want a snarl or screaming face.

I'd also love to get more expressions with sculpts, lets face it I'm talking about Arnie sculpts. But with Terminator that doesn't happen because the alternate head is always just the BD head rather than seen as an opportunity to change the facial expression.

With Rambo you could do like Jack Sparrow and swap out hair pieces so alternate faces are just a small piece and not a full head.

We all know if hot toys made another Rambo the likeness would be off, as its not Robert Downey Jr or one of the avengers so they would just rush it.

Yes I would love a part 1!!! Part 2, 3, 4 anything would cool! I've seen that rocky statue and it's a beauty, you are right clown prince they already know how to sculpt Stallone.....fingers crossed

Lol what's going on with the vest?
Did he join the Avengers?

2017 is 35th anniversary of First Blood :D

Could this be the year HT revisits the line (if they still have the license) and give us a Rambo 2.0? :pray:

It'll be a busy year of MCU, DC, and SW stuff, but maybe HT or some other company might make an official First Blood figure.

It'll suck if all we get is a Funko Pop :lol

That would make a lot of people happy for sure, including me. This hobby has changed a lot since the first First Blood figure was released. Especially when it comes to the price, wow!

Back