Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Again, no commitment, wants to, considering, I'll believe it when an official statement is made of it going into production.

I'm with you on this one, I thought the last Rambo ended it perfectly, another one may put us in Rocky V territory, and I don't think Sly would be able to make up for it by making a Rambo VI like he did with Rocky Balboa.

The idea that he might kill off Rambo in the last one is just stupid, know one wants to see Rambo die, just like know one wants Superman, Batman and James Bond to die, iconic characters should live forever.

Last edited:

Yeah could be just a publicity ploy to stir interest.
But then again I never thought the last rambo movie would happen or the last rocky film.
Part of me wanted to see more of both characters but I think its time for sly to hand on the torch and maybe direct more and give somebody else the spotlight.

As much as I would love to see a new Rambo film I think the last one ended the series well.

Hi there,

Sorry for kicking up an old thread, but could'nt find anything more recent regarding custom Rambo's.

I was thinking of kitbashing an Rambo (from Part II or III) figure, but what would be the best body at the moment to buy? Preferably a cheaper one instead of those expensive True Types.

And what would be recommended for boots on Ebay? the original ones go for insane prices, for just a couple of boots.
I've got a pair left of the first expendables release, might these look right?

thx for any advice.

Hi there,

Sorry for kicking up an old thread, but could'nt find anything more recent regarding custom Rambo's.

I was thinking of kitbashing an Rambo (from Part II or III) figure, but what would be the best body at the moment to buy? Preferably a cheaper one instead of those expensive True Types.

And what would be recommended for boots on Ebay? the original ones go for insane prices, for just a couple of boots.
I've got a pair left of the first expendables release, might these look right?

thx for any advice.

Saw your post just now, I thought someone would've replied by now. Haha.

Anyway, your best bet for a Rambo kitbash is the Hot Toys TTM19 muscle body. The built is just right, as Rambo is not as bulky as Barney Ross. You also get articulation to boot.

For boots, Rambo wore black boots. Don't know the brand, but any black mid-length boots would do, with laces of course. I think the Barney Ross will work. If not, there are plenty on eBay of you search for 'black 1/6 boots'.

Good luck with the kitbash, bro.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Saw your post just now, I thought someone would've replied by now. Haha.

Anyway, your best bet for a Rambo kitbash is the Hot Toys TTM19 muscle body. The built is just right, as Rambo is not as bulky as Barney Ross. You also get articulation to boot.

For boots, Rambo wore black boots. Don't know the brand, but any black mid-length boots would do, with laces of course. I think the Barney Ross will work. If not, there are plenty on eBay of you search for 'black 1/6 boots'.

Good luck with the kitbash, bro.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!
But I finally kitbashed a Rambo.
The body I have is a Hitfigure one, and I used the Expendables 1 Barney Ross Boots.
It ain't the greatest, but I am happy with the end result:

And here he is with some other 80's heroes.

The 3 John's:

John Rambo, John Matrix and John McClane:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!
The body I have is a Hitfigure one, and I used the Expendables 1 Barney Ross Boots.

That is one lean Rambo. I wouldn't have used the Hit Figure body. I used an ACI Andrew on mine.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

And here he is with some other 80's heroes.

The 3 John's:

John Rambo, John Matrix and John McClane:

You're welcome bro.. That Rambo kitbash looks decent, except for the arms. They ought to be a bit bigger, but you sacrifice a little bit of articulation.

With reference to the Hot Toys Rambo 3, yours looks pretty close. Congratulations bro! :clap

403431769.jpg

That is one lean Rambo. I wouldn't have used the Hit Figure body. I used an ACI Andrew on mine.

In the first pic he does look a bit short and lean but in the detolf pic he looks good.
Will try a hit body and see what he looks like in person.
Have the same head sculpt your using there leenart looks good.

Have you got a pic of yours using the andrew body kl241?

Was working on resculpting the hair of a hot toys rocky sculpt for my first blood figure and realised I had an easier option.
Took the same head sculpt above gave it a bit of a trim painted the headband brown and voila.
Still needs a touch up but pretty damn good to me anyway.
What do you think?

IMG_20130925_101141_zpsac2bd856.jpg

IMG_20130925_101203_zps4a3a0754.jpg

IMG_20130925_101250_zpsd6adffcc.jpg

IMG_20130925_101241_zps6a749de9.jpg

IMG_20130925_120439_zps27750a3c.jpg

With all of the re-release announcements coming for the Predator line, do you see any real chance of Hot Toys making a Rambo 4 release?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'd really hope they go back to First Blood and go through each individual film to Rambo.

Kinda quiet in here, huh? :monkey3

Anyhow...

Was all-good-and-ready to kick my HT RAMBO III (modded to RAMBO II) to the curve just a couple of months back. Yet, decided to wait & try the 'Supreme TS005' headsculpt. Kinda clad I did.

Supreme TS005 vs. Hot Toys MMS035

Maybe not the greatest Stallone likeness ever (better from the sides IMO), but a tremendous improvement never-the-less to a 10 year old figure.
Just couldn't live with the black headband. Kinda suprised 'Supreme' didn't think to offer a red-band variant option from the get-go?
But with this $35 I think I expanded the shelf-life of this figure beyond anything I had hoped to achieve.

Last edited:

Nice. Looks very similar to the Enterbay 1/4 head.

Back