Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Way better than the HT version. The HT version looks like an overly tanned cosplayer... although Stallone is no stranger to having leathery looking skin.

Nice. Looks very similar to the Enterbay 1/4 head.
Haven't seen the Enterbay in person, but yeah there are similarities.

Way better than the HT version. The HT version looks like an overly tanned cosplayer... although Stallone is no stranger to having leathery looking skin.
ya, no competion there, Supreme wins hands-down.
But on the other-hand the Hot Toys head was sculpted back in 2007 (if I remember correctly) and it was considered very good at the time.

. . .

I think there are two more RAMBO sculpts coming this fall, but I think I'm good with this one for the time being. Still a little surprised how well the Supreme head turned out actually... considering what it costs.

Stepped outside for a second...
Couldn't really get more than a couple of decent shots, as the lighting was either bright-as-**** or cloudy-as-****.

Rambo III was the turning point for HT. It was the first of their figures that actually looked like the actor.

That looks so awesome!! The red headband to the side really completes the iconic look of the character :clap Nice job picking a maroon fabric for the headband as opposed to the bright red color HT used on their figure. That's the best Rambo figure I've seen. I wish HT would make a new R2 figure already.

When I saw this thread bumped - appearing as the 'most recently posted-in' thread from the forum index page (where you don't see when it was created) - I thought some miracle had happened and Hot Toys had announced it as a new license with more figures in the works.

Haven't seen the Enterbay in person, but yeah there are similarities.

ya, no competion there, Supreme wins hands-down.
But on the other-hand the Hot Toys head was sculpted back in 2007 (if I remember correctly) and it was considered very good at the time.

. . .

I think there are two more RAMBO sculpts coming this fall, but I think I'm good with this one for the time being. Still a little surprised how well the Supreme head turned out actually... considering what it costs.

Hi dude you say there are two more rambo sculpts being released, do you have any details on them, and are they by supreme? Thanks

When I saw this thread bumped - appearing as the 'most recently posted-in' thread from the forum index page (where you don't see when it was created) - I thought some miracle had happened and Hot Toys had announced it as a new license with more figures in the works.

Yeah so did i but that tends to happen quite a bit on these forums. Just look at the bob the goon thread for example..

What do you guys think of the hy toys jungle wolf figure?

It's not bad but has a number of issues, if it's supposedly to be "Lone Wolf" Rambo from First Blood part II it has a number of negatives...

Wrong knife (Gil Hebben blade instead of a Jimmy Lile)
Wrong boots
Body lacks Rambo's signature scars
Facial resemblance is a little off

On the positive side...
Correct uniform for early part of the movie
Authentic bow and arrows
Diorama base

It's not bad but has a number of issues, if it's supposedly to be "Lone Wolf" Rambo from First Blood part II it has a number of negatives...

Wrong knife (Gil Hebben blade instead of a Jimmy Lile)
Wrong boots
Body lacks Rambo's signature scars
Facial resemblance is a little off

On the positive side...
Correct uniform for early part of the movie
Authentic bow and arrows
Diorama base

It's supposed to be from Rambo 3, because of the hair, the low necklace, and the outfit. Not to mention the black headband. Except for the lack of scars on the chest, I'd say it's a pretty good R3 figure. Not sure why they chose that one though? It's like a smaller version of the EB, but not as detailed.

Hmm yeah it looked like a little enterbay version to me too....I kept zooming in on pics trying to figure out if I was just not seeing the scars. Thanks for the info/opinions guys

Hi dude you say there are two more rambo sculpts being released, do you have any details on them, and are they by supreme? Thanks
Meant the two sets that are coming.

(images googled)

Hy Toys forest lone wolf
7_759fa3e4-a3ff-4e0a-bc98-4b94700b7705_grande.jpg

Mr. Toys jungle battle master
13923407_1572749706362912_1245344606201418495_o_hzdn.jpg

but judging by the announcement photos, I'd say Supreme has the best sculpt of these three.

Winstartoy-font-b-1-b-font-6-First-Blood-font-b-Rambo-b-font-Head-Sculpt.jpg

Of-course I'm judging the 'Supreme'-sculpt in-hand, but IMO the paint-apps are surprisingly good for the price...
As for the other two (judging by the photos)...
- 'Hy Toys'-sculpt looks (paint wise) some-what "flat" to me?
- 'Mr. Toys' (might have better paint, but) the likeness feels really weird?

'Supreme' may not be the closest Stallone likeness either, but out of these options, to me it looks the best.

Someone needs to do a proper part 4 Rambo.
few of the customs w/ HT Barney Ross -sculpt look close, but a proper RAMBO4 would indeed be nice.

. . .

But the one thing I really sorta miss -with all these sculpts- is some expression...

rambo-iii.jpg

rambo.jpg

rambo-1.jpg

sylvester-stallone-rambo-tv-show.gif

rambo-10-most-shockingly-violent-movies.jpg

Just something to give more character. Of-course expressions are tricky and can look way off... but still.

Yes a second head sculpt with an expression would be great especially if some one could shrink down the enterbay one and mod that. It would be easier to pose this figure with an expression unlike say the doc brown figure which could really do with a Blank expression head as well.

It's supposed to be from Rambo 3, because of the hair, the low necklace, and the outfit. Not to mention the black headband. Except for the lack of scars on the chest, I'd say it's a pretty good R3 figure. Not sure why they chose that one though? It's like a smaller version of the EB, but not as detailed.

Rambo has a black headband at the beginning of Rambo II and loses it when he's captured.
600full-rambo_-first-blood-part-ii-screenshot.jpgrambo_first_blood_part_ii_pow.jpg

The figure is called Jungle Wolf...Rambo 2 is set in the Vietnamese/Laos jungle and Rambo's codename is Lone Wolf. Rambo 3 is set in Afghanistan, no jungles there and he doesn't get called Lone Wolf.

Back