Oct. 30th "Ask Sideshow" LOTR Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his point was that the most likely line to get a complete Fellowship was the 1:6 line and a lot of the same collectors who put their noses up at the 1:6 line are now clamoring for it since its obvious there will be no Sideshow LOTR line in current existence which will see a complete Fellowship.

Deservedly so?:confused: What exactly have we, as PF collectors, done to not deserve the fellowship in PF? :confused: If you spend a minute or two checking the status of SS's LOTR PF line you will plainly see that we actually support that line quite well, thank you.I don't know if we'll ever see the entire fellowship in PF, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either. The Hobbits have traditionally been very slow sellers and I can't see a Sam, Merry, or Pippin PF being any different unless the likeness are really good and the ES's fairly small.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Like Pix said, several PF collectors bailed on the 12" line, or turned their snotty noses up at it. So again, deservedly so. Maybe I should buy stock in Kleenex... :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Like Pix said, several PF collectors bailed on the 12" line, or turned their snotty noses up at it. So again, deservedly so. Maybe I should buy stock in Kleenex... :lol

Man you really know how to turn the knife. :lol

It's true, though. Most high-end LOTR collectors have always seemed to focus more on things like statues and busts.

Man you really know how to turn the knife. :lol

It's true, though. Most high-end LOTR collectors have always seemed to focus more on things like statues and busts.

Who? Me? :monkey3

I just think it's funny and a bit ironic how most didn't seem to care when SS started nailing the coffin shut on the 12" line not seeming to realize that as with previous lines, it's a telltale sign (Bond, Buffy, Universal Monsters) that they've already got the coffins prepped for the other aspects of the license as well. You watch a creature long enough, you'll recognize it's patterns. :lol

I think that you are right Nam to an extent here, and while I find the member that your intial posts were directed towards abrasive and rude; a few points should probably be mentioned.

1) We do know for certain of two more PFs that will be released: A Ringwraith and what is almost certainly Gandalf the Grey (even though it hasn't been confirmed as a PF)

2) There has been strong rumor towards a few others: Saruman most notably

3) The 12" line was not what SS expected it to be for a few reasons (my guesses here): First, they expected the "Weta folk" to jump onboard with collecting them, why else would they release Faramir of all characters so early on? Not to mention Lurtz being the first PF released because collectors were clamoring for him after never having him released in armor form, as that statue was replaced with Ugluk. When most or a large percentage of the polystone collectors didn't jump in head first with the 12" figures the costs involved didn't work.

4) The diorama line is alive and well, and while it isn't perhaps moving at a "Marvel pace" it is far from stagnant or dead in the water. In fact I would think that the line would be in full steam had Sideshow/Warner made some better choices as to the releases of these items. I don't think you would find too many collectors asking for another Aragorn, or having Gandalf fighting the Balrog portrayed as it was. The same could be said for the manner in which Sauron is depicted in that diorama, without Isildur, and with a rather odd pose. A few tweaks and twists here and there and that line could be a huge success.

5) The LSB line is as good as any LSB line that SS has at the moment, it certainly isn't selling worse than Marvel in which a number of characters are available for gift card usage.

Just a few points here, I am hopeful for the future of LOTR and even moreso as the Hobbit fervor heats up; I don't see total doom and gloom like some do.

:peace

Wיט איק ברשפ בשמ,א i אטפק דםצקאיןמע ןמ קמעךןדי?

My keyboard was acting weird. Thanks to google now I know that you press Left Alt + Shift and your keyboard toggles languages.
חודא ךןלק איןד! ף :lol

Anyone want to take bets when we'll see another "Make more 12" LotR figures" thread or ask SS Q&A? :rolleyes:

They've answered this question so many times I'm beginning to think the Ringers are rather dim. :banghead

SS should just hire nam to spray them with fire hoses of cold disappointment.

woodsy said:
Thank you for the high praise – when we hear the love for the line, it does rekindle the love for the work too – we have high hopes of returning to Middle-earth in 12-inch form at some point in time.[/I]

Can you say 'Hobbit'? :D

There is always a chance for 1:6 The Hobbit though. You never know. :D

:lecture:lecture:D

Anyone want to take bets when we'll see another "Make more 12" LotR figures" thread or ask SS Q&A? :rolleyes:

They've answered this question so many times I'm beginning to think the Ringers are rather dim. :banghead

SS should just hire nam to spray them with fire hoses of cold disappointment.

Hire?! I'd do that ^^^^ for free bro! :lol

I think it's like the psycho ex girlfriend. You can break up with her, find someone else, get married, have kids, when she shows up on your doorstep, beat her, stab her, cut her into small pieces and bury her in the ground and as you're walking away you'll STILL hear, "Okay honey, I love you, call you tomorrow!" :duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back