Oct. 30th "Ask Sideshow" LOTR Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Question : I would like to ask you if you have any plans for releasing a Premium Format or dio of Gollum from the LOTR, I think there are a lot of collectors out there who include myself who would really like to see a Gollum please!

Answer : Duly noted. Gollum is certainly high on our list too. Or maybe it was Smeagol, eh precious?

Question : Any chance for a polystone statue of Faramir mounted on his steed in his Gondorian armor and helmet leading the charge to take back Osgiliath? It would be SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASSSEEEEEEEE!!!

Answer : Hmmm… neither Premium Format, nor Legendary Scale Bust, nor diorama do you request, specifically? Perhaps it could be a diorama, but perhaps simply a statue? We’ll certainly pass along the idea!

Question : Enough with the STAR WARS!! Why on earth don’t you invest in, and continue with, the LORD OF THE RINGS 12″ line!!! There are literally TONS of characters to choose from… TONS!!!! AND, how about a line of horses, to scale, for the 12″ figures to ride? How about a Fell Beast, to scale? Enough with the “busts” and the dioramas… COME ON!!! Your 12″ LOTR line is AMAZING…why on earth would you not invest more time here?! I would appreciate your response as to WHY.

Answer : :D This smiley face is masking our pain, but is meant to cheer you up as best we can. While we would love to continue to develop LOTR in 12-inch form, financial considerations and demands on our development team dictated that we discontinue the 12-inch LOTR line. Thank you for the high praise – when we hear the love for the line, it does rekindle the love for the work too – we have high hopes of returning to Middle-earth in 12-inch form at some point in time.

we have high hopes of returning to Middle-earth in 12-inch form at some point in time.

This is something we have not heard in some time...hope remains!

Question : I would like to ask you if you have any plans for releasing a Premium Format or dio of Gollum from the LOTR, I think there are a lot of collectors out there who include myself who would really like to see a Gollum please!

Answer : Duly noted. Gollum is certainly high on our list too. Or maybe it was Smeagol, eh precious?

Question : Any chance for a polystone statue of Faramir mounted on his steed in his Gondorian armor and helmet leading the charge to take back Osgiliath? It would be SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASSSEEEEEEEE!!!

Answer : Hmmm… neither Premium Format, nor Legendary Scale Bust, nor diorama do you request, specifically? Perhaps it could be a diorama, but perhaps simply a statue? We’ll certainly pass along the idea!

Question : Enough with the STAR WARS!! Why on earth don’t you invest in, and continue with, the LORD OF THE RINGS 12″ line!!! There are literally TONS of characters to choose from… TONS!!!! AND, how about a line of horses, to scale, for the 12″ figures to ride? How about a Fell Beast, to scale? Enough with the “busts” and the dioramas… COME ON!!! Your 12″ LOTR line is AMAZING…why on earth would you not invest more time here?! I would appreciate your response as to WHY.

Answer : :D This smiley face is masking our pain, but is meant to cheer you up as best we can. While we would love to continue to develop LOTR in 12-inch form, financial considerations and demands on our development team dictated that we discontinue the 12-inch LOTR line. Thank you for the high praise – when we hear the love for the line, it does rekindle the love for the work too – we have high hopes of returning to Middle-earth in 12-inch form at some point in time.

i know that there is still so much that the 12" LOTR line has to offer, but for the nth time, sideshow has stated that they have already discontinued this line. why do these collectors still keep on pressing on the issue? personally, i have no love, not even a bit, for the 12' line. i'd prefer LSB's, dios and of course, the PF's over those anytime, and if sideshow would say (God forbid) that they have decided to discontinue these lines, i could react at first, maybe give a piece of my mind while the "wounds" are still fresh, then let the issue go and eventually move on. but for the 12" line, it's been YEARS since ss had given their statement about discontinuing it, and they have been adamant about it. c'mon! let it go!

sideshow, interest have been rekindled BIG TIME when you announced your UBER PF for 2011, and your peek at the gandalf the grey dio (or PF, hopefully) so please go ahead with giving us these fabulous polystones! as for the above mentioned characters, give them all, especially maybe a new line of the horse/beast and rider sets!:naughty:naughty:naughty

I think they forgot to mention the part about it happening when pigs fly......:monkey3<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/ghosts-are-cute/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/ghosts-are-cute/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Lol... you got to have hope though.

Sideshow should rename the 'Question and Answer' slot as the 'Question and Half Hinted at Possibly Maybe with Our Own Question Thrown in at the End' slot :(

I noticed that there is a Jack Sparrow PF in production with what appears to be a great base. Given Jacks trendy locks, beard, jewellry, fine clothes, belts, buckles etc, etc.....

Why the h*** is GIMLI such a problem to make in PF form?

I'd ask Sideshow, but saying what they are going to do is more difficult for them to answer it seems than saying what they have done :banghead

I didn't know that Sideshow had stated that Gimli would be difficult :confused:

Sideshow should rename the 'Question and Answer' slot as the 'Question and Half Hinted at Possibly Maybe with Our Own Question Thrown in at the End' slot :(

I noticed that there is a Jack Sparrow PF in production with what appears to be a great base. Given Jacks trendy locks, beard, jewellry, fine clothes, belts, buckles etc, etc.....

Why the h*** is GIMLI such a problem to make in PF form?

I'd ask Sideshow, but saying what they are going to do is more difficult for them to answer it seems than saying what they have done :banghead

:lecture

imagenes_gimli_brave_.jpg

Sideshow, be afraid! Be very afraid!

Unless I missed it somewhere I don't ever recall SS saying a Gimli PF would be a problem to make. :confused: With Aragorn, Legolas and now GTG completed or in the works I don't imagine it will be too long before we get Boromir and Gimli. Patience DM, patience....it's not like SS is firing out a PF every couple of month's. I wish they were, but they're not and with only two PF's/yr being produced we are all having to wait patiently for some of our favourite characters. At least you can console yourself with the fact there will be a Gimli. The chances of me getting a Haldir PF at this point are slim and none. :monkey2

Unless I missed it somewhere I don't ever recall SS saying a Gimli PF would be a problem to make. :confused: With Aragorn, Legolas and now GTG completed or in the works I don't imagine it will be too long before we get Boromir and Gimli. Patience DM, patience....it's not like SS is firing out a PF every couple of month's. I wish they were, but they're not and with only two PF's/yr being produced we are all having to wait patiently for some of our favourite characters. At least you can console yourself with the fact there will be a Gimli. The chances of me getting a Haldir PF at this point are slim and none. :monkey2

I don't remember seeing anything like that either. I wouldn't think Gimli would be any more challenging that any other PF that SS has done. He would definitely be welcome in my collection though. I better start saving my pennies now with all these PF rumours of the Ringwraith, Gandalf the Grey and Gimli. Luckily they should be pretty spread out over the next couple of years.

Psycho-Girlfriend.jpg
Some of you guys are like psycho ex girlfriends thinking we'll see LOTR's 12" line come back. As for the PF line, there's already a thread about it. Deservedly so, you guys won't see a complete Fellowship either. The only hopes people have of seeing a completed Fellowship is amongst other characters like the overused Aragorn, in diorama format.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are like psycho ex girlfriends thinking we'll see LOTR's 12" line come back. As for the PF line, there's already a thread about it. Deservedly so, you guys won't see a complete Fellowship either. The only hopes people have of seeing a completed Fellowship is amongst other characters like the overused Aragorn, in diorama format.

Deservedly so?:confused: What exactly have we, as PF collectors, done to not deserve the fellowship in PF? :confused: If you spend a minute or two checking the status of SS's LOTR PF line you will plainly see that we actually support that line quite well, thank you.I don't know if we'll ever see the entire fellowship in PF, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either. The Hobbits have traditionally been very slow sellers and I can't see a Sam, Merry, or Pippin PF being any different unless the likeness are really good and the ES's fairly small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back