Obi-Wan PF and Darth Vader PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine it will be better off in a case protected from dust; however, I keep mine out in the open and just dust them regularly. I if they are kept dusted the negative effect will take a very loooong time to be noticeable. Just my opinion...and hope. :lol

Make up brush. Short, swift, but very gentle and controlled strokes. I don't remember exactly why dust is bad, I think it can cause discoloration or something.

I totally forgot about that, you're right they are making another. Great memory!

I kinda remembered that from awhile ago...I may go for that as my one Star Wars piece when its time.

A wise idea my friend. God knows how high the price is going to be, especially if they have the option to show Anakin's face (white) under the mask. I would still kind of want the episode 4 Vader because of what it symbolizes, and how it was Sideshow's first actual Star Wars piece. However episode 6 Vader is definitely not out of the question for me. haha

Hey do any of you think it would be a good idea to use a lint-roller (cylindrical thing that is sticky) on the PF's clothes when it appears a little dusty or just to do it usually?

I think a lint roller wold be fine for the clothing. My PF's are in storage unfortunately.

I use tape for some stuff, but don't use it on Obi's cloak or that type of material. Don't use it for things that are flocked either. I have in the past, but I think it causes the flocking to come off the statue along with the dust. I've got a statue of Mickey mouse with a bald spot that I think is from that method.

_____! I used it on Obi-Wan's cloak last night! oh god....I had feared what you told me was true...so now I'm gonna have to get a makeup brush...oh man!

I've used tape on Obi's cloak in the past and it just seemed to make some fibers stick up. I don't know how to desribe it. I'm just guessing that long term use of it would be bad, I could be totally wrong.

I can't decide if you're joking around or serious...

I'm dead serious, I'm beginning to see some patches but if I look very close with my face dead on it. You begin to see like fibrous looking stuff looks almost like netting. I can barely see it except when I take it into very strong light, and look at it very closely. Also I have a question, let's say Obi-Wan's back is facing some strong light, do u see some light inside the hood like lil' dots of light close? It looks fibrouslike as well

I've never had a strong light behind him to know, but it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

Phew! you're a lifesaver man, I dont think it is either and I think it was like that before the lint roller incident. he looks fine but I'm just worried if I've done more damage than dust, and that dust will have a stronger effect in the future. So, I'm gonna get a makeup brush n just use that from now on. Btw I'm gonna send you a friend request you've helped me out a lot man

No problem, I'm happy to help. Don't worry so much about your colectibles. Just use common sense in taking care of them and they'll last you.

Back