Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lean was discussed when this was first released. From past pictures to the current ones, it is very pronounced in pics, but not nearly as bad in person. It is supposed to be there. He is fighting the elements and slipping on sand at the same time. Quite frankly, I'm quite impressed with SS grasping this concept and applying it to the statue.

The lean was discussed when this was first released. From past pictures to the current ones, it is very pronounced in pics, but not nearly as bad in person. It is supposed to be there. He is fighting the elements and slipping on sand at the same time. Quite frankly, I'm quite impressed with SS grasping this concept and applying it to the statue.

Exactly! Well said!

Could someone take some pics of what the foot with the metal peg looks like when it's flush with the base? Trying to look and see how mine should even fit in. Talking with SS about possibilities of replacement or other suggestions. I did end up wiggling the statue back off of the base... Scared to try again. I think my issue is with the inside part of the base under the boot, Obi's left, the front right(or inner boot toward toes), it seems overly tight or not the right shape, scraped up the black "under-boot" support thing on the statue.

Well drat. Got mine today, and it seems to have the same problem as yours jag. Going to send some pictures to SS tomorrow (well later today now), and see if they can send another base.

It's not supposed to be there, he would absolutely fall over with a lean like that. He'd have to have his right leg angled towards the right to brace. It also doesn't match the box art or original proto pics at all, it was just casted that way, possibly to counter the epic heavy weight of his cloak.

Got mine in as well, sorry guys fighting the elements or not....couldn't deal with the crazy lean not after looking at the amazing box art proto pic!

Found a quick solution without altering or damaging the piece in any way. Placed 2 rectangular Styrofoam pieces under the base to the left...yes the base is bit elevated now but I don't care.

001-3.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

It's not supposed to be there, he would absolutely fall over with a lean like that. He'd have to have his right leg angled towards the right to brace. It also doesn't match the box art or original proto pics at all, it was just casted that way, possibly to counter the epic heavy weight of his cloak.

I guess it depend on the angle, in this pic (not mine) it looks like he is leaning against the strong wind

10432114_1502533089997498_8327639094801835359_n.jpg

.... Damn I love this piece, this statue got me into collecting 2 years ago :)

My first Obi was from the initial batch of 1200, it had no lean what so ever, perfectly straight. To see the leans now, I don't know what to say. I sold my first one, then missed it, so I just snagged another one from a SF member. Hoping the lean isn't that harsh in person otherwise I'm thinking I'll be making some minor adjustments to the statue.

Well drat. Got mine today, and it seems to have the same problem as yours jag. Going to send some pictures to SS tomorrow (well later today now), and see if they can send another base.

I'm sorry to hear this :( was hoping maybe it was isolated to just mine.

Does anyone know, when SS sends you a replacement do you send yours back first? Or do they usually make you just destroy the broken one? My portraits and all the other pieces are all great... I'd hate to swap them for a statue that fits but has more visible issues.

I'm sorry to hear this :( was hoping maybe it was isolated to just mine.

Does anyone know, when SS sends you a replacement do you send yours back first? Or do they usually make you just destroy the broken one? My portraits and all the other pieces are all great... I'd hate to swap them for a statue that fits but has more visible issues.

Again, same here. My other components are all awesome. I sent them photos and asked for a base replacement, but they might say the whole thing needs to be replaced. That's what happened when I got my spidey. So, we'll see.

Come on guys, the learn is authentic...the Warrior is walking against a violent Sand storm look at his eye protection..

It wouldnt be an issue if the first 1200 were more like this or that the promo pics were a standing straight up.

$40 credit or a refund. For a statue that won't fit into the ******* base.

$40?!

...And not even off the price of the statue, but money towards something ELSE?? I'm wasn't interested in anything else SS had before, and I'm certainly not now. They also didn't even answer my question about whether breaking the damn leg off trying to fit it into the defective hole on the base would preclude me from getting a refund. So I'll probably wait another few days to find that out.

As for the credit, does anyone know if it gets applied to my account automatically, or is it a code I enter. If it's the latter I'll just give it to someone here or something. I'm done with Sideshow.

Back