Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys thanks for all the comments and thoughts.... :hi5:

Looks like things are getting resolved to the best that they can considering the situation...

I have been speaking to the head of customer services and he has offered a satisfactory credit to my SS account and a nice discount off the Vader mythos along with a Sideshow Swag pack as a gesture of goodwill (no idea what a swag pack is or contains lol)

So I still wont have a usable Ewan portrait which only bothers me if I was to have to sell the piece as Im more of a OT guy so my preferred display option would always be Old Ben.

My other option now as was suggested by Elementcharm is to try and somehow remove the magnet on the Ewan portrait and put it back in the right way but I dont have much of an idea on how to do this so any thoughts or suggestions on how to go about it would be most welcome.

It has not been a pleasant experience this time around and still feel I have been done wrong by SS but hey what am I gonna do? I still want this piece in my collection and I can still use my preferred head portrait and I get Vader at a very good price so I guess I just have to be happy the problems were not worse and I ended up with no Ben statue at all

Collecting is supposed to fun so just going to put this behind me enjoy the hobby and hope nothing like this happens again

Thanks again everyone for listening :)

Glad this could be resolved to a somewhat satisfactory way for you. :hi5:

I imagine you could make a clay imprint of the base of the neck of the wonky Ewan sculpt, dremel away the base where the magnet sits, reglue the magnet and make a plaster portion that you removed, sand that down, use a fixing/ primer agent, and that might make do.

:wave

Mine is displayed with Alec head.
Although Ewan head angle would fit better with my display location, it would remind me of that prefail trilogy

my very first star wars statues. i was lucky someone was selling it for less than $250 a piece. didn't have to think twice. obi is a masterpiece!

54f2a6089a309bb7d4917f9ad86eaf37.jpg

470338a7e52198da8ac68f3814e50fb3.jpg

I just got the Obi mythos and was wondering if they are all a little loose at the waist? The legs on mine twist back and forth a bit but don't come out. Thought it was weird. It displays fine and seems sturdy. I was thinking Sideshow did this on purpose to counter the weight of his cape. Anyway if anyone has an answer for me that would be great! Thanks ahead of time :)

After further inspection it is separated at the waist but there is some sort of rod or screw in there holding it together. it does display but there is some big time pressure put on that screw because of the weight of the cape. Argh the trials of dealing with second hand statues...

After further inspection it is separated at the waist but there is some sort of rod or screw in there holding it together. it does display but there is some big time pressure put on that screw because of the weight of the cape. Argh the trials of dealing with second hand statues...

maybe the statue was broken and was fixed.
the fix maybe temporary.. the cape is quite heavy.. the rod/screw may not be able to hold it for long, I hope it does. :pray:

Back