Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me give a little push to that conversion :wink1:

97224989.jpg

1616ec.jpg

1212yy.jpg

stunning mate.:monkey4

Hey guys, I was wondering if the original Obi Wan mythos statues (the ones that were labeled for 1,200 pieces instead of 2,000) hold any more value than the ones where they fixed the issue with. I have one of the original ones and was just wondering, love the statue.

Hey guys, I was wondering if the original Obi Wan mythos statues (the ones that were labeled for 1,200 pieces instead of 2,000) hold any more value than the ones where they fixed the issue with. I have one of the original ones and was just wondering, love the statue.

I'm sure it may matter to some but I would say 95% of the people don't care. Plus since there are only 800 of the "corrected" ones those are probably more valuable.

So its been a long time and I am still dealing with Sideshows incompetency regarding my OB1 Mythos...

Just a small recap of this cluster f#*K

Bought the piece before it was sold out so no wait list conversion....

Got sent a clearly returned piece, both shipping box and mythos box showed alot of wear and tear and the inner plastic bag was torn and stretched clearly indicating it had been pulled out of the box by someone else

The statue didn't fit in the base correctly and the Ewan portrait had googly eyes.

Contacted SS who denied it was a returned item. Negotiated a partial refund for fit issues and was told I would be sent a replacement ewan portrait.

Was leaving to go OS before replacement portrait was due to arrive contacted SS to change shipping address to my parents and was advised they wouldn't/couldn't and I had to pay fedex $17.50 to do this (fedex advised me SS could do this up until the day it was due to be delivered)

Replacement portrait arrived and the magnets were placed in the wrong way so the head just pops straight out

Contact SS again and am promised another replacement

Week later SS contacts me saying no more replacements available and only option I have is to return for a full refund

With cost of the statue, shipping and the $17.50 for changing address of the 1st replacement address I am into this statue for almost $500 and now monthss after I paid my money and putting up with their horrendous CS and QC I am informed my Ben Mythos will never be whole and all I can do is return it for refund (not including my $17.50) and not have the seminal Kenobi piece in my collection.....

I have responded and stated quite clearly this is completely unacceptable

Waiting on their reply....

I have the Dewback coming next week and unless SS steps up makes this right in a way I feel satisfied, respected and valued as a customer it will be the last purchase I make from them.

Thanks for reading my rant

that is so frustrating… I had my own horror with them and my Malgus and Droids… very very torn to order with them directly myself to be honest...

Sorry to hear that Gartogg. Sounds very similar to what I went through on this piece as well...even down to the Ewan sculpt having the backwards magnets. I hope they are able to get something lined out for you. If they are saying they are out of replacement heads, I wonder if they would be willing to repaint the eyes on the original head sculpt you received?

So its been a long time and I am still dealing with Sideshows incompetency regarding my OB1 Mythos...

Just a small recap of this cluster f#*K

Bought the piece before it was sold out so no wait list conversion....

Got sent a clearly returned piece, both shipping box and mythos box showed alot of wear and tear and the inner plastic bag was torn and stretched clearly indicating it had been pulled out of the box by someone else

The statue didn't fit in the base correctly and the Ewan portrait had googly eyes.

Contacted SS who denied it was a returned item. Negotiated a partial refund for fit issues and was told I would be sent a replacement ewan portrait.

Was leaving to go OS before replacement portrait was due to arrive contacted SS to change shipping address to my parents and was advised they wouldn't/couldn't and I had to pay fedex $17.50 to do this (fedex advised me SS could do this up until the day it was due to be delivered)

Replacement portrait arrived and the magnets were placed in the wrong way so the head just pops straight out

Contact SS again and am promised another replacement

Week later SS contacts me saying no more replacements available and only option I have is to return for a full refund

With cost of the statue, shipping and the $17.50 for changing address of the 1st replacement address I am into this statue for almost $500 and now monthss after I paid my money and putting up with their horrendous CS and QC I am informed my Ben Mythos will never be whole and all I can do is return it for refund (not including my $17.50) and not have the seminal Kenobi piece in my collection.....

I have responded and stated quite clearly this is completely unacceptable

Waiting on their reply....

I have the Dewback coming next week and unless SS steps up makes this right in a way I feel satisfied, respected and valued as a customer it will be the last purchase I make from them.

Thanks for reading my rant

Damn, that just sucks!
Yet another experience to prove Sideshow's quality control is piss poor.

Sorry to hear bro. :(

Well it shouldn't be too difficult to pull the magnet out of the bottom of the head. The bottom will be damaged but you wont see that on display anyways. This statue is just too awesome to return for that reason me thinks.

Well it shouldn't be too difficult to pull the magnet out of the bottom of the head. The bottom will be damaged but you wont see that on display anyways. This statue is just too awesome to return for that reason me thinks.

Yeah.... I have to agree. There are no more of this guy and it's that awesome. If you find a way to make this work, you'll be glad you did.

Ewan fit much better when I had the statue outside of the Besta, but now inside Alec is far superior. Mostly due to the changed head direction. They both look fantastic on their own!

Ewan fit much better when I had the statue outside of the Besta, but now inside Alec is far superior. Mostly due to the changed head direction. They both look fantastic on their own!

That's one of the great things about this piece. Both heads are desirable! If I had it in my collection, I think I would really have a hard time deciding which head to display.

Back