Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the people who got this kept it. It's an amazing piece. The jewel of my collection, so I'm not surprised!

Yep. They did not have another head.... Beware the googly eyed conversion!!!!

Herein lies the issue. I had a perfectly good head to send back to them (received two Guinness heads) but they had me DESTROY it instead of sending it back. It seemed like an awful waste to me!

My Obi Wan should be arriving early next week, I am just hoping being so late to the party there is no QC issues as it sounds like SS is low on replacement parts....

Fingers crossed...

Did you convert from waitlist or were you flexing?

Was flexing.... got in just before it sold out but with the talk of problems with low replacement stock I wanted to get it asap incase there were any QC issues and give me the best chance to get any issues resolved before SS just start taking the return for refund line....

My retailer will get a 2nd batch next week and can fulfill my po :yess:
The most of the 1st batch arrived damaged so they had far less examples than pos.

Yeah, the prices on Obi and Gammy are getting insane. Looks like once these sell out its on... people better get Boba soon.

After seeing those prices the $467 I paid including shipping to Australia seems almost ok lol

He's WORTH the $700. This is one of those works of real art, not just a nice likeness of a beloved character, but a work of art.

I kinda agree that he is worth $700 after staring at it for 5mins. Soo much details and the likeness of the portraits.

At first i thought the auctions were a fluke but listing after listing people are really paying that much for this piece.

I kinda agree that he is worth $700 after staring at it for 5mins. Soo much details and the likeness of the portraits.

At first i thought the auctions were a fluke but listing after listing people are really paying that much for this piece.

Yeah, I mean, I'm glad I didn't pay that for him. But I'd rather have him than the C3PO/R2D2 Premium figure set or the 89 Batmobile. He's this amazing piece which you look at and you can't help but imagine a new whole chapter of his life between episodes 3 and 4, all of the adventures which he must have gone on. Out of all the high end pieces I've bought in the last few years, he's one of the ones I'm most glad I didn't let slip by. I want to own this statue for the next 50 years.

Ok now that you all are making me kick myself in the butt for not getting him, do you think I should jump on Boba, Maul or PO for Darth?

How do you think these compare to PF?

Ok now that you all are making me kick myself in the butt for not getting him, do you think I should jump on Boba, Maul or PO for Darth?

I would grab Fett as he looks better than his PF counterpart. Although, you can't make a direct comparison as they are vastly different; both in the story they are telling and the media used to tell it. I don't collect prequel so no Maul for me, but he does look nice, if not a tad generic in pose. The ES for Vader is quite large and we have yet to see whether or not the factory can pull off the desired paint job. For me, Vader is a wait and see.

I actually don't think the DV one looks that great. I'm going to wait for a PF for him. Boba tempts me. I have no interest in Maul. I wish I had Gammy. I just got Shaak Ti and then signed up for flexing the Droids.

I'm going to be very picky with my statues.

The only PF I have is Shaak Ti. They're both great pieces. Obi wins though.

Back