Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How dare you, sir! :horror

zach-galifianakis-crying-reaction-gif.gif

That's awesome Haha :) :goodpost: :clap

I can see you're a huge Fett fan! Yeah, I'm not sure why he never fully appealed to me. But the Mythos sculpt is just fantastic looking. I've just got so much on pre-order as is...but I do love that massive gun! The look like he's about to go on a huge, violent raid (which is the story!) is awesome. So very tempting...

I do believe this is a quote, at least it is now. ;)

You got two Alec's! What did I win? :D
This happened to someone else too...

Think so...
At least I get to pick the better paint job! Neither are perfect, but one is definitely worse. He has a glob of paint on his forehead, plus one of his hair strands is not painted...

I must admit that I am never one to inspect my Sideshow products when I receive them, unless I am displaying them right away. I knew this was not smart of me, but I never had a problem before... until now. Thank god I was forced to open my Obi-Wan Mythos in order to confirm my hook type (in order to get myc's saber). I won't tell you what the problem is. I'll just provide a picture of my two heads.
2013-04-18203935.jpg

HEY! That happened to me too! I got two Guinness heads!

AND, the weirder part, I am from milwaukee, WI too!!!!!

HEY! That happened to me too! I got two Guinness heads!

AND, the weirder part, I am from milwaukee, WI too!!!!!
Wow, that is truly, truly, bizarre. What number did you get? Mine was 584. Did Sideshow make you return the entire thing, or just swap the head out? I have to call them today...

Think he got #100. And they let him keep both Alec's... :D

Wow, that is truly, truly, bizarre. What number did you get? Mine was 584. Did Sideshow make you return the entire thing, or just swap the head out? I have to call them today...

yes, I did get #100.

And no, they just sent me a portrait of Ewan. I still have the extra Alec. Somewhere in this thread, I have posted a pic of both my Alec heads next to each other and they are different. One has a lighter-grey beard and pailer skin tone, and the other is a darker grey beard and a darker flesh tone.

they are having me do nothing with it that i know of yet..... looks like I get to keep it.

I got no instructions to send it back in the email response from the Returns Department, and it definately was not in the tracking information. But they might ask me to return it in the box that I get the Ewan head in. But as of now, I have not had any instructions as to what to do with it.

As you can see in the photos that I sent SS, there is a difference in the color of the beard. One is more grey than the other one. So now I have two variants of the Guinness head. :lol

ObiWanHeadShots001_zps59b0268c.jpg

ObiWanHeadShots002_zps1fdda236.jpg

here is the original post.... page 216, post 2160.

^ That's cool you got to keep it. I thought you'd have to destroy it, like someone posted with their Bossk head. I will refuse to destroy it. I'll gladly send it back, but I'm not destroying it...

^ That's cool you got to keep it. I thought you'd have to destroy it, like someone posted with their Bossk head. I will refuse to destroy it. I'll gladly send it back, but I'm not destroying it...
They are sending me a replacement head, but want me to destroy my old head. I told them I'd rather send it back to them. I don't have the appropriate tools to destroy it, and even if I did, I don't want to ruin my tools. If they want to get it back, I'll gladly ship it to them, but I won't destroy it.

they are having me do nothing with it that i know of yet..... looks like I get to keep it.

I got no instructions to send it back in the email response from the Returns Department, and it definately was not in the tracking information. But they might ask me to return it in the box that I get the Ewan head in. But as of now, I have not had any instructions as to what to do with it.
This was the text of my email from customer service:

We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order has been booked for the Ben Kenobi Mythos Statue <Ewan McGreggor Head Only>. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Please make sure your replacement part is undamaged upon receipt. If your replacement is acceptable, please destroy your damaged part only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days of receipt of your replacement. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece.

** Please use care and precaution when destroying this piece. We ask that you use a rather blunt instrument to crush your piece only. We would advise placing the piece in a cloth bag, pillow case, or heavy duty trash bag to contain any flying debris as well as any small pieces that result from destroying your piece. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also ask that you protect yourself from flying pieces or shards by wearing eye protection, if possible, as well as proper footwear.

Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item. So please make sure you destroy the item in a safe fashion.

We thank you for your cooperation during our returns process. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Here is mine, from a customer service manager. Dated 3.27.13

"Hi Michael,

I’m sorry to hear that your Ben Kenobi Mythos statue arrived without the Ewan McGregor portrait. I have booked a replacement for you and that should ship out soon. Once the piece arrives please give in a good once over to make sure that everything is fine and you’ll be all set.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,"

Then that person's name and contact information.

Last edited:
They are sending me a replacement head, but want me to destroy my old head. I told them I'd rather send it back to them. I don't have the appropriate tools to destroy it, and even if I did, I don't want to ruin my tools. If they want to get it back, I'll gladly ship it to them, but I won't destroy it.

Stand your ground! :rock

Back