Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only started collecting recently. My statue came with a piece chipped off on the base, another on a satchel at the back of the body and one more chip on the Alec Guinness head. Was also not given the option for an exchange. Is this normal?

Got my replacement gaffe stick and spear today:yess: now just waiting for the custom saber from MYC and the Obi Wan will be complete. Can't wait for the awesomeness that is this statue. :)

This is the response I got back today from Sideshow...7 days after I requested a replacement body for the statue.

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement body that would be an improvement over your current piece. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause you.

Please know, if you accept the previously offered credit, we will also send you a replacement for the damaged hand.

If this is not satisfactory, you may also decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. A part of me just says send it back for a refund and then just order a new one...but to be honest, after reading about some of the problems that others have had with this statue with paint and other things being chipped that aren't concealed like mine is, I'm kind of leaning towards keeping it...well, the wife thinks I should keep it but I'm still on the fence. I think what frustrates me the most though is the fact that they said they don't think they can offer me a replacement body thats going to be an improvement over the one that I currently have...so they are all going to have busted pieces and chips?? Seriously? Sounds legit, right? :slap

I have only started collecting recently. My statue came with a piece chipped off on the base, another on a satchel at the back of the body and one more chip on the Alec Guinness head. Was also not given the option for an exchange. Is this normal?

Just get a refund and order a new one since it is still in stock at SS.

Kind of bums me out that SS is becoming more difficult to deal with. I use to order from them without hesitation because of their customer service, but after my current pre-orders come through, I'll be thinking twice about going through them.

Just get a refund and order a new one since it is still in stock at SS.

I'm not exactly sure how exchanges of body sculpts would work; however, some of these complaints seem justified to the point where they've GOT to have better versions in stock. I get there seems to be some issues, and they may just want to avoid having to keep sending out more and more to people if they're not top notch; however, they should just have a limit if that's the case.

While doing a straight up return is fine, I'm ordering from Canada, so there'll be some custom fees to pay. It'll be pricey enough as is, so getting a refund and ordering it again would be frustrating, as I'd have to swallow both rounds of custom fees.

My final flex pay is on Monday, and then he's shipping out! I'm hoping that all is well with him! (I can't find the /pray icon, but it'd go here :)

have a chip on on one heads and weak magnet on the other, SS will send me new pair & they request me to destroy my current ones when the new ones arrive.

I'm not exactly sure how exchanges of body sculpts would work; however, some of these complaints seem justified to the point where they've GOT to have better versions in stock. I get there seems to be some issues, and they may just want to avoid having to keep sending out more and more to people if they're not top notch; however, they should just have a limit if that's the case.

While doing a straight up return is fine, I'm ordering from Canada, so there'll be some custom fees to pay. It'll be pricey enough as is, so getting a refund and ordering it again would be frustrating, as I'd have to swallow both rounds of custom fees.

My final flex pay is on Monday, and then he's shipping out! I'm hoping that all is well with him! (I can't find the /pray icon, but it'd go here :)

you can get your $$ back from customs, although it can be a long process.

If in Canada, you can order from superpowercollectibles. it will save you money and Marcio has A+ customer service.

Kind of bums me out that SS is becoming more difficult to deal with. I use to order from them without hesitation because of their customer service, but after my current pre-orders come through, I'll be thinking twice about going through them.

Agreed. I have been buying from Sideshow since 2007 and I have seen a marked decline in the last year or so in their willingness to replace a defective or damaged piece. They seem fine with the risk of losing the sale all together rather then attempting to make the customer satisfied like they used to in the past.

Last edited:
you can get your $$ back from customs, although it can be a long process.

If in Canada, you can order from superpowercollectibles. it will save you money and Marcio has A+ customer service.

I can only imagine the process it'd take to have that happen :slap Quite a hassle, which is why I think Sideshow should just offer replacements for errors that bad.

As for Superpower, these are exclusive to Sideshow, so I can't order from them :( However, I agree that they're awesome! My Batman PF and Batman Vs. Croc re-release is on pre-order with them now! :yess:

After waiting 3 or so weeks for a respond...

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. I wanted to contact you in regards to the issues you are experiencing with your Ben Kenobi Mythos statue. I would like to go over a couple of options with you.

First, I want to inform you that due to the hand-painted and handcrafted nature of this piece I do not believe I will be able to find you a replacement body that will be a great improvement to the one you currently have. However, I would like to replace the lightsaber hand and Ewan McGregor portrait for you. If this is a solution that is satisfactory please let me know so I can proceed with ordering the replacement pieces for you.

The other option would be to return the item for a full refund. I understand and apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused you but I want to make sure we can offer you some option for this piece. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. If you have any other questions please let me know.

20130320_232449_zpsdba44a7b.jpg

Does anyone else have the grey spot on his arm?

Did they offer you a partial refund also?? If they did I would take that and just match the paint and fix it yourself. It's not like a screw up on the face or something. At least that is what I would do.

This is the response I got back today from Sideshow...7 days after I requested a replacement body for the statue.

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement body that would be an improvement over your current piece. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause you.

Please know, if you accept the previously offered credit, we will also send you a replacement for the damaged hand.

If this is not satisfactory, you may also decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. A part of me just says send it back for a refund and then just order a new one...but to be honest, after reading about some of the problems that others have had with this statue with paint and other things being chipped that aren't concealed like mine is, I'm kind of leaning towards keeping it...well, the wife thinks I should keep it but I'm still on the fence. I think what frustrates me the most though is the fact that they said they don't think they can offer me a replacement body thats going to be an improvement over the one that I currently have...so they are all going to have busted pieces and chips?? Seriously? Sounds legit, right? :slap

That is wrong. Chipped and or broken statues need to be replaced.

I can only imagine the process it'd take to have that happen :slap Quite a hassle, which is why I think Sideshow should just offer replacements for errors that bad.

As for Superpower, these are exclusive to Sideshow, so I can't order from them :( However, I agree that they're awesome! My Batman PF and Batman Vs. Croc re-release is on pre-order with them now! :yess:

incorrect. shoot him a pm.

I contacted Sideshow today regarding several stuff I was waiting word on.

They told me my Obi-Wan was coming in a new shipment. I'm assuming mine will have the new /2000 base.

Back