Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to think this too. I used to get responses within 3 days. I have an issue with my Black Widow PF and I sent them my first email 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. I've gone back and forth with someone in their support but no one from the returns dept has contacted me. It's really annoying to be told I will be contacted 3x in 3 different emails from a sideshow rep and then not get contacted by the returns dept. I'm gonna email them again if I don't hear from them today(they were supposed to contact me on Fri and of course, that didn't happen).

Same with me, close to 3 weeks waiting on a reply for my Gammorrean Guard. :mad:

I'm starting to think this too. I used to get responses within 3 days. I have an issue with my Black Widow PF and I sent them my first email 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. I've gone back and forth with someone in their support but no one from the returns dept has contacted me. It's really annoying to be told I will be contacted 3x in 3 different emails from a sideshow rep and then not get contacted by the returns dept. I'm gonna email them again if I don't hear from them today(they were supposed to contact me on Fri and of course, that didn't happen).

The sad thing about that is with all the issues on that piece they might just tell you they can't replace it. I'm on the WL for a replacement body for BW. I hope things work out for you.

After waiting 3 or so weeks for a respond...

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. I wanted to contact you in regards to the issues you are experiencing with your Ben Kenobi Mythos statue. I would like to go over a couple of options with you.

First, I want to inform you that due to the hand-painted and handcrafted nature of this piece I do not believe I will be able to find you a replacement body that will be a great improvement to the one you currently have. However, I would like to replace the lightsaber hand and Ewan McGregor portrait for you. If this is a solution that is satisfactory please let me know so I can proceed with ordering the replacement pieces for you.

The other option would be to return the item for a full refund. I understand and apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused you but I want to make sure we can offer you some option for this piece. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. If you have any other questions please let me know.

20130320_232449_zpsdba44a7b.jpg

Does anyone else have the grey spot on his arm?

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. I wanted to contact you in regards to the issues you are experiencing with your Ben Kenobi Mythos statue. I would like to go over a couple of options with you.

First, I want to inform you that due to the hand-painted and handcrafted nature of this piece I do not believe I will be able to find you a replacement body that will be a great improvement to the one you currently have. However, I would like to replace the lightsaber hand and Ewan McGregor portrait for you. If this is a solution that is satisfactory please let me know so I can proceed with ordering the replacement pieces for you.

The other option would be to return the item for a full refund. I understand and apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused you but I want to make sure we can offer you some option for this piece. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Who did you get that response from? Ashley or Daniel or someone else from returns?

20130320_232449_zpsdba44a7b.jpg

Mine doesn't have that problem. Sideshow should have replaced your piece because that clearly looks like paint slopped on the sleeve. I have a broken food canister on the belt and Sideshow isn't replacing mine either. :mad:

here is a quick picture of mine !! Thanks again Sideshow for granting my wife's christmas wish !!! This statue is truly beautiful !! The cape is so crazy massive !!!

20130409_222022_zps29b6a53b.jpg

Mine doesn't have that problem. Sideshow should have replaced your piece because that clearly looks like paint slopped on the sleeve. I have a broken food canister on the belt and Sideshow isn't replacing mine either. :mad:

Thanks Viper, Anyone else having resistance when they are putting his hand in? It scares the crap out of me when i have to remove the hand
and it shakes like a wibble wobble.

I do have darth maul and inserting the goes in with no problems and it twists and locks.

Any help would be appreciated before i go "ghetto blasta"

Lack of QC and now it seems customer service is following suit. :(

This is the response I got back today from Sideshow...7 days after I requested a replacement body for the statue.

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement body that would be an improvement over your current piece. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause you.

Please know, if you accept the previously offered credit, we will also send you a replacement for the damaged hand.

If this is not satisfactory, you may also decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. A part of me just says send it back for a refund and then just order a new one...but to be honest, after reading about some of the problems that others have had with this statue with paint and other things being chipped that aren't concealed like mine is, I'm kind of leaning towards keeping it...well, the wife thinks I should keep it but I'm still on the fence. I think what frustrates me the most though is the fact that they said they don't think they can offer me a replacement body thats going to be an improvement over the one that I currently have...so they are all going to have busted pieces and chips?? Seriously? Sounds legit, right? :slap

Back