Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Payed $700 + Shipping, and I could't be happier as slinger says Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This was the statue that made me start this journey of collecting, and I still believe that Mythos line is the most "artistic" and beautiful line I have ever seen!

I will part with mine once I get it, along with Chewbacca, and R2-D2/C-3PO, currently. Getting out of SW, which I didn't mean to get into, in the first place.

Here is the message :

"Unfortunatelly Sideshow didn’t receive enough orders to do a reproduction. So they decided to not reproduce this item.
All your orders will be cancelled from your backorders.
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for you understanding
Sideshow"

WHat pisses me off is that sideshow is bunch of douches. They no longer care about the customer, they only care about profit. Such practices are not ok. They might have every right to do whatever they want, but there is set of some unwritten rules that clearly state you should not screw people over, as this is what it is. European customers have to pay significantly more for collectibles, and then on top of that receive such treatment. Big no for Sideshow. I am not going to buy anything from them ever again. This company is ridiculous with its rules, quality assurance (or lack of it), some of the customer service and pricing.

Hey guys,

Unless it has been published by Sideshow that this piece has been cancelled, it hasn't. This is the same e-mail that European retailers have been sending their customers when Sideshow decided to cancel all retail preorders.

I talked to Sideshow customer service about these e-mails first showed up a few months ago, and they told me it was bogus. The Ben Kenobi Mythos statue has been one of their most requested pieces since it was released, so I find it doubtful that Sideshow " didn't get enough orders". That to me, sounds like bitterness on the part of the retailer that sent the e-mail.

If you were fortunate enough to have pre-ordered through Sideshow, you will be getting this piece.

Try and lighten the mood a little. Was having problems displaying my Obi lack of space/what to put it on. Mother walked in today after garage sales and straight up found this base as is. lol far as i'm concerned it pretty awesome.
obi.JPG

How long does it usually take for a waitlisted item to be fulfilled by Sideshow?

I placed an order for the Ben Kenobi on waitlist on 3rd July, and while I'm not in any huge hurry to receive it, a rough timeline would be useful.

How long does it usually take for a waitlisted item to be fulfilled by Sideshow?

I placed an order for the Ben Kenobi on waitlist on 3rd July, and while I'm not in any huge hurry to receive it, a rough timeline would be useful.

This is one of SS's most popular statues and IMO it will be very hard to get one off of the wait-list. Even if someone changes their mind on it, they would be able to double or triple their money selling it.

Yep probably won't convert, I jumped on the Waitlist on june 3 and have no hopes of it ever converting. Also the statue is scheduled for a december release.

You are not guaranteed a piece if you are on the waitlist. With this pieces popularity you more than likely won't be receiving one. But generally waitlists will convert within a few weeks or months but there have been some that have taken more than a year.

Hey guys,

Unless it has been published by Sideshow that this piece has been cancelled, it hasn't. This is the same e-mail that European retailers have been sending their customers when Sideshow decided to cancel all retail preorders.

I talked to Sideshow customer service about these e-mails first showed up a few months ago, and they told me it was bogus. The Ben Kenobi Mythos statue has been one of their most requested pieces since it was released, so I find it doubtful that Sideshow " didn't get enough orders". That to me, sounds like bitterness on the part of the retailer that sent the e-mail.

If you were fortunate enough to have pre-ordered through Sideshow, you will be getting this piece.

My retailer in Australia called me personally to explain that my order had been cancelled, because they had been told by Sideshow that there wasn't enough demand and so they were no longer going to reproduce the statue. Every retailer had the same story so it's not just bitterness on the part of that one retailer. It's actually very dishonest of Sideshow IMO, because it is obviously untrue. Orders that went directly through Sideshow are still being fulfilled.

Obi Wan is my favorite piece among the short-lived Mythos line.

I thought the Mythos line was dead, but at the other forum, someone from SS chimed in and said all EU material has been put on hold. They do intend to continue with the line at some point. I've got Obi on order luckily. I just wish my Boba would convert, but I've been on the waitlist for months.

I am getting more and more pissed off. So I have placed my order months ago, being quite certain that it will be shipped. Had SS made their minds about screwing european customer over a little bit earlier, I could have placed my order directly through SS site and have a chance of getting the statue. Now there is none thanks to sideshow crappy service. How is it that almost noone is ever complaining about their service? Even if they screw up big time, like they did with mythos Vader. Sure, there were a few unhappy people, but most of them were like "oh its a minor let down, but w/e, statue is still awesome". That is why for such a long time SS didnt even bother to release an official statement. They were testing the customers if they will simply let them get away with that, or at worst if they accept some ridiculously low discount for future purchases.
I wonder why people like being treated like crap, even despite paying alot of money. BEcause of that SS does not care nor they ever will. It is all because they know they can get away with everything by offering some ridiculously small partial refund or a full refund if you pay the shipping costs... It is really disgraceful. I remember one dude complaining that one of his statues was damaged (and it didnt seem like it was damaged in transport). All SS did was to offer him a refund, because "unfortunately" (as if they cared at all) they didnt have any more pieces left for replacement.
Market of collectibles is very specific thus requires specific approach to customer service.
Sorry for being bitter, but this situation has really upset me. Different things happen and I like to think that I am an honest person. But screwing people over and then feeding them bunch of bs as an "explanation" and merely "sorry for your inconvenience" is highly unacceptable.

I don't think this was done intentionally I think they planned on doing the 2k run but had no clue the demand for this statue. The funny thing is the new numbered statues will be more "rare" than the first run because less were made lol.

I don't think this was done intentionally I think they planned on doing the 2k run but had no clue the demand for this statue. The funny thing is the new numbered statues will be more "rare" than the first run because less were made lol.

if you cant count then whose fault is it? Certainly you cannot blame the customers that some of them are not happy.
Then also take into account simple fact that they dont even feel like giving the real reason why things went the way they did.

I am getting more and more pissed off. So I have placed my order months ago, being quite certain that it will be shipped. Had SS made their minds about screwing european customer over a little bit earlier, I could have placed my order directly through SS site and have a chance of getting the statue. Now there is none thanks to sideshow crappy service. How is it that almost noone is ever complaining about their service? Even if they screw up big time, like they did with mythos Vader. Sure, there were a few unhappy people, but most of them were like "oh its a minor let down, but w/e, statue is still awesome". That is why for such a long time SS didnt even bother to release an official statement. They were testing the customers if they will simply let them get away with that, or at worst if they accept some ridiculously low discount for future purchases.
I wonder why people like being treated like crap, even despite paying alot of money. BEcause of that SS does not care nor they ever will. It is all because they know they can get away with everything by offering some ridiculously small partial refund or a full refund if you pay the shipping costs... It is really disgraceful. I remember one dude complaining that one of his statues was damaged (and it didnt seem like it was damaged in transport). All SS did was to offer him a refund, because "unfortunately" (as if they cared at all) they didnt have any more pieces left for replacement.
Market of collectibles is very specific thus requires specific approach to customer service.
Sorry for being bitter, but this situation has really upset me. Different things happen and I like to think that I am an honest person. But screwing people over and then feeding them bunch of bs as an "explanation" and merely "sorry for your inconvenience" is highly unacceptable.

Same thing happened to me bro ,I really feel you pain. One of the European retailers still hasn't cancelled my PO, and it was always the one I considered "safest" seeing that they asked for s NRD so I believe there's a small chance that they'll honor my pre order. Either way, I went crazy when all the other sellers started sending those mails around june and got myself an aftermarket Ben, I missed him the first time thanks to an ******* at my LCS that assured me they would get stock and they never did...

If lacitedesnuanges honors my PO I will gladly transfer it to you at the cost of the NRD I already payed.

I think what SS did to the European retailers is absolutely awful. But because they hold the product licenses that they do and no other company does they feel they can pretty much do whatever they want and the majority of people just put up with it. Some of you guys who ordered this piece from an EU retailer and got cancelled may want to write a message to LFL (Lucasfilm). If enough people complain they may take a look into what Sideshow's practices are and may pull the license from SS, or force them to change their business practices when selling Star Wars items.

Back