Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever try and figure out import/duty costs from Europe to the US? I'm trying to read up on UPS's webpage, but my head hurts... :gah:

Well, Maul is still available and Gammy has not been mentioned one bit lately so I would say its just Fett, Obi and Vader in question now.

The have only confirmed that Kenobi's run wasn't completed.

Well since they opened Vader back up for orders, I think it is safe to assume his run was not complete either. I just wish they would convert some Obi WL's, I really dont want to have to go through a European retailer. Plus that would mean my wife getting the package at home...:mad:

I will bite the bullet in a few more days though, I just dont want to take the chance of missing him again. Hoping that this May event may coincide with that happening.

Are you in the US? Did you do any calculation on what the import fees will be? Thanks.

I'm in Canada. The owner of the store quoted about 70 BPD. When he gets the item in stock, he will give me a definitive answer and then I'll be able to chose if I'd like to purchase or not.

Just registered here after lurking for a few months... Like many others I discovered this statue too late for the first go-around, but don't want to miss what may be the last good chance. I ordered from forbiddenplanet.com (not .co.uk , that seems to be a separate entity), my total was 242 pounds, or about 400 bucks (since they automatically deducted the VAT because of my address- that's why it's less than the site advertises). Don't know shipping yet (I'm in the US) but they'll give me a quote when the item's gonna ship and I can accept or decline the order at that point, seemingly without penalty or any loss of a payment like SS has.

So I've got that as a backup while we wait to see if Ben becomes available from SS directly...

Just registered here after lurking for a few months... Like many others I discovered this statue too late for the first go-around, but don't want to miss what may be the last good chance. I ordered from forbiddenplanet.com (not .co.uk , that seems to be a separate entity), my total was 242 pounds, or about 400 bucks (since they automatically deducted the VAT because of my address- that's why it's less than the site advertises). Don't know shipping yet (I'm in the US) but they'll give me a quote when the item's gonna ship and I can accept or decline the order at that point, seemingly without penalty or any loss of a payment like SS has.

So I've got that as a backup while we wait to see if Ben becomes available from SS directly...

Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, best of luck once the give you the final quote. Kenobi is, IMHO, the best of the Mythos line!

Back