Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been 3 days and nobody has commented on the obvious changes on this piece?

If that tells you anything is that the sales for this will be low whenever that is.

Lol...you're prolly right, dude! I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, but as an average buyer like myself, I could care less about having a 40" geezer in hooded robes standing in my living room. Unless he's paired with A New Hope Darth Vader. The total let-down of the Darth Maul LSF might be contributing to it's low popularity also.

Yeah the skin isn't translucent resin almost skin like. It looks painted. Before you could really tell because of the hair. Before it was flowy and light now it's really white.

I think they quietly got rid of the translucent resin.

I find it funny how nobody cares or mentioned it before as this was a big selling point when the LSF line was introduced.

I think they quietly got rid of the translucent resin.

I find it funny how nobody cares or mentioned it before as this was a big selling point when the LSF line was introduced.

yea but nobody ever knew what they were missing cause we haven't gotten anything with that kind of resin. As long as the paint is as good as the proto, it doesn't really matter. Wolverine turned out great. Most of the Maul paint apps look fine too.

Sideshow gave us the translucent paint on the German Paratrooper, which we had to wait three years for. The LSFs were supposed to have it too, which, they've seemed to have dropped for whatever reason. Sideshow is probably still trying to figure out how to give us a realistic look without the LSFs looking like an oversized PF. Hence the delays on Obiwan and why we still haven't seen an updated Indy.

We all know what happens when you expect proto quality pieces...

That Indy from last year wasn't translucent resin. Hence the impression that I have is that they introduced the translucent resin with Obi-Wan (face and hands) but are now taking it back.

I am just surprised that there isn't more of an outrage on this. If it was a Predator, Alien, Terminator or a comic license the outcry would have been heard by now.

We all know what happens when you expect proto quality pieces...

That Indy from last year wasn't translucent resin. Hence the impression that I have is that they introduced the translucent resin with Obi-Wan (face and hands) but are now taking it back.

I am just surprised that there isn't more of an outrage on this. If it was a Predator, Alien, Terminator or a comic license the outcry would have been heard by now.

I don't think it's a license issue as much as an Obi Wan issue. No one seems to care about an Obi Wan statue for some reason. I mentioned the new head on him at SF and heard crickets. If this were a Vader or Fett statue, there would a lot of complaining. This piece has had an interesting journey. Delayed more than any piece I know of. Hasn't even gone up for order yet and still undergoing major changes. I like that they're attempting acrylic eyes on this one, but the standard polystone is a step backwards IMO. The original head looked amazing to me.

LOL, I don't see him being a big seller no matter what they do, hence the lack of posts. If there was ever a LSF to go on sale, this would be it.

Lack of interest may also explain the extreme delay as well. They may not be in a big hurry to release a statue that doesn't have very many pre-orders. Overall, I think its a better piece than Maul. Even now. Maul had a lot of problems and he's pretty insignificant IMO, but he's a great looking character. No one seems to be in a big hurry to get a statue of an old guy in robes...even when it's Obi-Wan.

Still looks like the intrinsic scan/translucent paint to me, just need better pics like so. Just now it looks more like a the production translucent paint of the Paratrooper IMO. The hair however doesn't look as translucent as before

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Saturday-033.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Saturday-034.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Saturday-032.jpg

Source: www.cooltoyreview.com

This isn't the LSF I've been looking for....I should go about my business....moving along....

Lack of interest may also explain the extreme delay as well.

That is the very nature of the hobby it seems. The new stuff outshines the "old". Even if the old has not been released and just shown. Catwoman, Doom and Indy LSFs are perfect examples of this. Particularly Doom LSF. That piece is still awesome and these delays may have cost them some sales on it as the buzz past this SDCC will not be the same. Particularly when you show a Mark VII right next to it and people make a choice on how to spend their $2,000.

The comparison pics above clearly illustrate the nature of the changes. The delays also hurt the rumored Vader LSF that would serve as a companion piece to this Obi LSF.

Back