Oakley Special Edition 3D Sunglasses!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubeca

Cage Fighter
Reaction score
only $150! :horror :slap

https://www.oakley.com/products/7091?cm_mmc=direct-nov12-_-cyber-Monday-_-bottom-_-img-hobbit

506dd19fd6c6a.jpg

I hope The Hobbit isn't jumping the shark in terms of merchandising. I'm getting a Lucas vibe on quite a few products. :panic:

I like those but I cant pay $150 for 3D glasses. I'll take he $10 ones and be ok if I ever decide to use them.

This is like jumbp shrimp X10. Nothing screams Oakley cool like.... elvish ruins?!?!?!

Last edited:
Oakley 3D Gascan is the world’s first optically correct 3D eyewear, and that has nothing to do with prescription correction. Conventional non-prescription lenses can distort vision, but thanks to HDO-3D technology, these glasses give you the best possible 3D experience. They provide truer alignment of 3D images so you won’t see the ghosting that comes with ordinary 3D glasses.
Engineered with a lens shape that minimizes reflections and glare, Oakley 3D Gascan is the first 3D design ever made with high-wrap lens curvature for a wide field of view, and the optics give you truer perception of the colors intended by the film director for every shot. Comfort is optimized with lightweight O Matter® frame material and a precise Three-Point Fit.

Nice to have, but not at $150.00

There Tron versions were really nice but yeah not for the price. If they doubled up as sunglasses then that would of made it fair.

So am I correct that they expect people to buy these just to watch the occasional movie in 3D

Well, despite the general reaction in this thread, I bought them. I just got them in the mail today. Are they expensive? Yes. Very.

The pin is fun, and decent quality. I like it. But that is only worth like 10 bucks.

Bag it comes in is nice, and cleans the glasses as well. Also a plus. Lenses are a good thickness and really nice looking. They are also less prone to scratches, which drive me crazy on the recycled 3d glasses you pay for at the theater. The curve of the lens and the placement of them gives you a much better field of view than the other cheapo ones, and they are also great for cutting out the glare and reflection problems I also have with the cheap ones.

They fit a lot more comfortable on my face too. Not perfect on my fat nose, but decent, and comfy. And for 3 hours, i'll be happy for that comfort. Color will be better from what I can tell as well, not so dark, which will make it easier on my eyes, and let me enjoy the HFR and the 3d a lot more. Also don't have to worry about ghosting which is always a problem with the cheap ones.

Still, I know, not worth the 150. But I don't really regret this decision. I'm gonna go try them out to see how they do, and if I'm not happy, I can return them. Either way, they not only would serve me well fro any RealD 3d films I see (i see a lot of movies every month).. but i'll be set for all 3 hobbit films.. and they also work with a huge portion of the brands that do 3d tv's. And since i'm getting a 3d tv in the next few months too, I should have no worries using these all the time with movies as more and more become available in 3d.

So yes, i'm a sucker. But honestly, I don't have buyers remorse yet. I might, and i'll let you know. But until I try these things out and compare them in a theater with the cheap ones, I'm happy. My only wish is that they could double as sunglasses too. But that wouldn't work well because of the advanced optics.

Sorry if this didn't make too much sense guys.. i'm floating on a crapload of vicodin after having a tooth pulled..

I own these and just clip them to my glasses...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/LG-AG-F220-Cinema-Glasses-LED-LCD/dp/B00540XS32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354595247&sr=8-1&keywords=Lg+clip+on+3d[/ame]

Though I would never buy them, it's your money and you can do with it what you like. Doesn't matter what others think. It's not like you can't ever use them again after The Hobbit.

Back