O-Soul/303Toys/Inflames Toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I step back and look at the recent InFlames released figures and their future plans, I have a mixed feelings.

First of all, I despise toy company releasing versions one after another with slight upgrade. That's why i stopped buying 303toys.
It's just bad marketing plan, and it's like screwing over their own loyal customer who purchased earlier version.

Now Inflames toys is doing the same when they announce "Zhang yide with new head addition"...Their last release was only around end of 2017!!
Now every time I see their new figure announcement, I would think - OK, they will announce v2.0 within 2 years. Why would I buy that now.?

I respect them trying to improve their product and quality. Just do it over on next character! Not the character you released last year!
If you want to do version 2.0, wait for 5-10 years! and make the upgrade worth the wait! Not just adding a head!
Inflames Guan yu v2.0 is a good example. First version was out in late 2014, and new version looks much improved.

Oh, and don't make ancient Asian characters taller than Ben Affleck. Don't make 12inch figures. Make 1/6 scale figures.

Edit : I did some search and it says Guan yu is 9chi (208cm = 6ft 8inches) and Zao Yun is 8chi (185cm = 6ft)
Old Chinese measure 'chi' is not so accurate, so it's just an idea

Where the hell is Zhuge Liang? That's what i want to ask them. They teased us about it, but never put up the preorder. I think Zhang Fei is more like a re-release because of the high demands. It's not really a 2.0 version. 303Toys seemed to stop making new characters after Lu Bu.

Not when they said "Upgrade" themselves!
ZhangUpgrade.JPG

Is the InFlames horse over sized? I saw it in a video beside a MR.Z horse and it's quite a bit taller.

I had the white dragon horse by Inflames, I've sold it. I thought it was too big, especially for the figure / scene I intended it for. In a normal pose standing on all four legs it's almost as tall as the rearing DID horse and significantly taller than the standing and trotting DID horses. I didn't fit into my collection at all being bigger than all my other horses.

I believe if you are in China, you can get the new head sculpt for free if you already have the original version. Yes, I want Zhuge Liang, the older purple version. I think he will have numerous versions with his apprentices and wheelchair etc. I don't want the white robed younger version however.

Yes, it seems like 303 Three Kingdoms line stops after Lu Bu. It’s a shame since I want them to explore Wei & Wu characters as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a Zhang Fei on the market that doesn't really look like the usual Zhang Fei. All you need is a flag and you can turn him into a different general. For some reason that figure reminds me of Cao Ren, from the comics I read way back then.

There is a Zhang Fei on the market that doesn't really look like the usual Zhang Fei. All you need is a flag and you can turn him into a different general. For some reason that figure reminds me of Cao Ren, from the comics I read way back then.
That Zhang Fei is from O-Soul. Too expensive for my taste at $250. I would have bought him and converted him to be a different general if the price was within 303 Toys range of $189.

O-Soul is also making Sima Yi, but the double figure deluxe version is in the upper $500. Ugh [emoji58]

That sucks. No generals to go with their Cao Cao. And no Sun Quan to form the 3 kingdoms.
Yeah, they could give us at least Sun Quan to form the 3 kingdoms. They recently released Ming Taizu figure so they’re working on Lu Bu 2.0 now.

Yeah, they could give us at least Sun Quan to form the 3 kingdoms. They recently released Ming Taizu figure so they’re working on Lu Bu 2.0 now.

I would be happy with a main ruler and his right hand man general. So Sun Quan can pair up with Zhou Yu, and a Xiahou Dun to go with Cao Cao.

So the Inflames Zhang Fei 2.0 regular set is just the same as 1.0 with a better robe and the deluxe set 2.0 have a new yelling head and that’s it. Am I getting this right?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/89646

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/89648

Technically, Inflames called this version 1.1, a re-release with an upgrade. You’re correct about the yelling head only comes with the upgraded deluxe version.

There is not much of an upgrade about the re-release regular version. Slightly better robe? Who cares.

Honestly I wouldn't buy it if I already have the first one. You can actually get the new parts for free if you are in China I heard. I didn't get the first one so this is great for me.

f9f563b4581e3f60866e88f6bc5cea19.jpg

I picked up Ming Dynasty founder Zhu Yuanzhang in China last week. He retook his dragon throne back from Kangxi now. Kangxi had been sitting on the throne for the past 4 years, but now I have way more Ming Dynasty’s figures than Qing Dynasty’s so it makes sense for Ming to reclaim the throne.

f6d01faa3c4a938dbd0edaf5de914eb9.jpg

Back